1 Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: psychic challenges

Peter,

Thanks for this service to our list.  Inquiring minds do want to know!

Mary

At 05:12 PM 12/9/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi y'all, guess what?  I got a reply from the Amazing Randi
>on whether he thinks the PEAR psi research may qualify
>for his prize money:
>

>Peter:  The PEAR data is quite interesting, but I don't take any of this
>seriously until and unless it has been independently replicated.  This
>seems impossible at present, since no one has the funds to do it.  Also,
>having been at the lab and having met the folks there, I have serious
>reservations about it. These are things I can't discuss until the time
>is right.  You might contact Ray Hyman (rayhymATNOSPAMoregon.uoregon.edu)
>and/or Jim Alcock (GL250135ATNOSPAMvenus.yorku.ca) for information, since they
>went there, too, and have some thoughts on it.
>                                Randi.
->

>I guess 'quite interesting' is a promising opinion from such
>a CsiCop as Mr. Randi!  At least it wasnt full of 'slander, invective,
>and calumny' as Robert Anton Wilson claims the CsiCop acronym stands
>for.
>
>I will email the people he suggested, and forward anything of
>interest. I still await a reply from the PEAR group themselves
>as to why they havent applied for Randi's prize ... stay tuned.
->
>cheers

2 Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Third eye, solar plexus

>Are you saying that the psychic phenomena manifest when the
>solar plexus (third chakra?) is active _together_ with the
>third eye (sixth chakra?).
>
>If so, this is interesting since it
>agrees with my limited single experience of these two chakras.  I
>experienced the third on one day and then a faint glimmer of the
>sixth on the following day, seemingly without any others in
>between.  And then the synchronicities 'hit the fan' so to speak.

        I have heard that the heart and third eye are closely connected to
each other.  My own experience as far as chakra openings follows this, as
these are the two that cleared up the most first.  But I could see a
relationship to the third and solar plexus as well, each being associated
with mental stuff.  A mental shock is said to be seen in the third eye and
felt in the solar plexus.

->
>Or, are you saying that psychic phenomena manifest with the
>third chakra only, and one needs to get to the sixth to
>get beyond their fascination?

        I have heard that lower psychicism manifests with the opening of the
second chakra, and the higher begins to manifest in the heart.  Not sure how
accurate this is though.

Tim

3 Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996
From: Robert Chalmers
Subject: White Gold

> I am part of the White Gold forum.  It is based on the research of David
> Hudson. He has supposedly discovered a way to find monoatomic metals in
> soil, as well as to break down a metal into a monoatomic form.  (Metals are
> almost always matched in pairs at the atomic level.)[snipped]

I'm sorry, but I just can't see what this has to do with Kundalini...

Robert Chalmers

4 Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996
From: julietATNOSPAMmoderncartoons.com (Juliet)
Subject: [Fwd: Re: P.S to kundalini symbolism through history]

Hi all--
-
Just got this response to an old inquiry I made re: a dialogue on the
k-list from about a month ago...

Haven't seen the book yet, but thought I'd pass it on anyway...

Subject: Re:  P.S to kundalini symbolism through history

Juliet--
-
Sorry I took so long to answer your e-mail from Nov. 12.
You'll find some very intriguing material on cross-cultural
kundalini imagery in an interesting book by E.A.S. Butterworth,
_The Tree at the Navel of the Earth_.  See especially chapter
VIII, but the whole book is fascinating.

All the best,

David
-
p.s.-- what was "Chance"?

5 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996
From: SidWILSONATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: cellular change

keep searching....this is an active site!! We'll send L&L to help!

6 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996
From: Paco
Subject: Timothy Leary

Here is a cool message that was recently channelled from the
spirit of Timothy Leary:

	"Hi, Children. I'm back from the ether. Oh my, it's
horribly over-rated. They're still running at 2400 baud, and
no one knows peyote from pixie Stix."

	That was all that came through, but, it was somewhat
inspiring. later

		Paco
-
	"Luke...Luke...come to the Darkside Luke"   ---Darth Vader

7 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996
From: Paco
Subject: Nixon and K

" One of the grandest tricks of all time happened in 1960, when a
beaming crook named Richard Nixon was posing in San Francisco's
Chinatown with a group of Chinese youngsters holding a large banner
spelling out a slogan in native characters.  The photo ran locally and
was picked up by both wire services and network television and
disseminated to the entire nation.

    "The very next day, a worried staffer told canidate Nixon the
Chinese banner had said, "What about the Hughes Loan?"  It was a
reference to the Howard Hughes cash payoff to Nixon's brother
Donald, in the form of a "loan." At the same time, Nixon found
out that thousands of fortune cookies had been passed out at
the same rally, each containing the same message, this time in
English:  'Ask him about the Hughes Loan.'

    "The next stunt demands that you or your personal agent arrive at
a party thrown by the mark.  Among your mark's other munchie
dishes you should include a selection of candied laxatives.  You can
serve a commercial product, which is already adequately disguised as
candy, or you can make your own by coating and/or coloring stronger
constipation-relief medicines.  Be creative with the disguise.  The
result of having people eat mittfuls of these bowel busters is
breathtaking. "
	--- from  http://dmsun4.bath.ac.uk/~stuartw/sub/even4.html
			(the trippiest page I've seen in 48 hrs)

"Back when we were picking beans in Guatemala..." --- Keyser Sose

8 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)

I understand that when the Third eye and the base chakra are in
balance and harmony
that all things are possible.. Including survival.. money/physical
etc.
flute

-
9 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996
From: CGIAJWATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Root Chakra

Howdey everybody

I've been doing alot of energy work the last 3-4 days or so.  The experiences
have been like milder K awakening, energy going up my spine into my crown and
third eye chakras, also waves of energy, and the feeling like energy is
gushing endlessly out my hands and feet.

Also a kinda stoned/tripping feeling, like a very pleasant stoning off of
some really good weed where things feel very trippy and your imagination
starts mildly hullucinating.  I may have stumbled on the "flashback at will"
that Mistress spoke of and which I know many of us want (Although I'm sure
Mistress has more "power" than me (why didn't she get this first?))

All of which were very nice and I feel a bit blessed for it.

Also recently I've been reading about the first chakra and how it relates to
your connection with your body.

My question:
	The hightened awarness of energy, is it related to further opening the root
chakra, is it more likely from the K like activity?  Also do very many people
have mild K of this kind, or does it usually "come with a bang".

The majority of the power has now left me, but I'm looking at it like the
"resting period".  I'm fairly sure that mastery over giving myself the
experience is my next step.  How is another adventure.

Thanks
Aaron

10 Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996