1 Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996
From: Karen Blackford
Subject: Re: Ball of energy/energy shadows

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Juliet wrote:

> Also, I've been wondering (but busy these days): I have noticed for
> quite some time that the normal energy patterns of my body seem to be
> cast, reflected, or echoed in a subtle manner, in my shadow cast in
> bright daylight.  Curious--never heard this mentioned before.  Just
> wondered if anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon.  It's almost as if
> the energetic system itself is casting a kind of corresponding shadow...
> odd...

I've also noticed this when I'm running on a bright day; my shadow seems
to contain subtle colors.  I remember reading about a meditation technique
which involved taking the shadow as the object of concentration.  The
eventual outcome was that one could meditate on the shadow, then look into
a clear blue sky and see the image of the shadow filled with rainbows.  I
can't remember the source, it may have been in the writings of Tarthang
Tulku, but if not, most likely another Tibetan.

2 Date: Thu,  5 Dec 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: re: psychik challenges

you wrote>>>Just to state the obvious,
	Anyone who says they don't believe in "psychic" phenomena
is either a) stupid or b) young and inexperienced or c) just
being coy and smug.
	APPLAUSE  APPLAUSE... and many hugs
flute

-
3 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996

Subject: Re: psychic challenges

At 10:18 PM 12/4/96 -0500, flute played:
>Don't  even think of it... I've seen this Randi skeptic guy on tv
>before.... he 'psychs' out the psychic so that they are so messed up
>that they can't think.... he makes a good living off of disproving
>psychic ability.
>  By scientific theory, you cannot have time and space in the same
>spot at the same time.. Psychic just seems to be a silly term for
>understanding the unity.. strange yes?  THe more we judge and
>catagorize, the more we divide and lose our knowledge.  The knowing
>is there for everyone.  Anyone can do it.. Just pay attention.

I am in total agreement with you on this.  I posted this because I knew that
a strong personality would be able to put up the necessary shields to filter
out the negative energy being sent by the skeptics.

It seemed like the Mistress was perfectly suited to the task at hand.  I
also felt that she would be more willing (and able) to handle the associated
publicity around such an event.

Not to mention that I'm hoping she can throw me 10% of the prize money.  :)

In Service to the Light,

-

4 Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Fwd: epilepsy and K and side effects

In a message dated 96-12-05 10:22:30 EST, LwMema3 writes:

>> Okay guys, I need your help again!  You all know that two weeks ago I had
another seizure, well now my Dilantin level has sky rocketed and it is too
high- in fact it is at overdose levels.  My Doctor is baffeled.  Does anyone
know why the levels will be fine, then drop too low and then go way too high-
why is my body reacting this way.  Being overdosed all we has negatively
affected my abilities to work and go to school.  Blurred vision, dizzines,
shaking, etc. are all some of the physical symptoms I've had.  Has any one
else gone through this with Dilantin and if so- what did you do?  If anyone
can help I am open to suggesstions, I am doing anything I can to detox my
liver and flush my body, plus staying away from all the stuff that does not
help such as suger.  Please  respond.
 Light and Love and asking for help again,
- Lori  >>

---------------------
Subj:    Re: epilepsy and K and side effects
From:    LwMema3

Okay guys, I need your help again!  You all know that two weeks ago I had
another seizure, well now my Dilantin level has sky rocketed and it is too
high- in fact it is at overdose levels.  My Doctor is baffeled.  Does anyone
know why the levels will be fine, then drop too low and then go way too high-
why is my body reacting this way.  Being overdosed all we has negatively
affected my abilities to work and go to school.  Blurred vision, dizzines,
shaking, etc. are all some of the physical symptoms I've had.  Has any one
else gone through this with Dilantin and if so- what did you do?  If anyone
can help I am open to suggesstions, I am doing anything I can to detox my
liver and flush my body, plus staying away from all the stuff that does not
help such as suger.  Please  respond.
Light and Love and asking for help again,
Lori

5 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996

Subject: Re: Fwd: epilepsy and K and side effects

>In a message dated 96-12-05 10:22:30 EST, Lori writes:
>
>< Okay guys, I need your help again!  You all know that two weeks ago I had
>another seizure, well now my Dilantin level has sky rocketed and it is too
>high- in fact it is at overdose levels.  My Doctor is baffeled.  Does anyone
>know why the levels will be fine, then drop too low and then go way too high-
>why is my body reacting this way.  Being overdosed all we has negatively
>affected my abilities to work and go to school.  Blurred vision, dizzines,
>shaking, etc. are all some of the physical symptoms I've had.  Has any one
>else gone through this with Dilantin and if so- what did you do?  If anyone
>can help I am open to suggesstions, I am doing anything I can to detox my
>liver and flush my body, plus staying away from all the stuff that does not
>help such as suger.  Please  respond.

While I'm by no means a medical expert, I have been doing some research on
Candidaisis.  This is basically a whole body, system-wide yeast infestation.
Excess candida can causes all sorts of problems in ways you wouldn't
normally think they could (everything from allergies to upset stomach to
muscle aches).  One way to kill of the yeast is to cut off its food supply
(mostly sugar).  As they are killed in great number, something known as
"die-off" occurs.  Usually die-off comes in the forms of previous symptoms,
only worse.  It can lasts a few days or weeks.  Taking antifungal medicines
(like Difulcan) or herbs (like garlic) will also kill candida.  What also
happens during die-off is that the yeast break down into a toxin.  If there
is too much toxin, the liver and other organs can have problems handling it.

If you have recently cut out sugar and possibly had candida, you may be
experiencing a die-off reaction.

If you like, I can give you a "liver/gallbladder flush" that will help
remove the toxins as well as to soften any stones and remove them too.
There is also a company called HealthExcel (it's one of many, and they have
a web page) which makes products for specific flushes and to kill candida.

I'm not sure if this is even relevant to your problem, but if you'd like
more information e-mail me privately. As this has nothing to do with K, I
don't want to clutter up the list.

In Service to the Light,

-

6 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996
From: Peter Norton

Paco wrote:

> Just to state the obvious,
>         Anyone who says they don't believe in "psychic" phenomena
> is either a) stupid or b) young and inexperienced or c) just
> being coy and smug.

Or, they could have read about all the charlatanry rampant
in many so-called psychics like Uri Geller, and justifiably
developed a skeptical attitude.  Most of us are suckers
for a good con-artist.  Humans are pathetically pliable.

It should not be a question of 'belief', it is a question of
experience. Seeing is believing.
If you haven't seen, then there is no reason for you to believe,
and we shouldn't put down a skeptic who hasn't seen, and doesn't
believe, as long as they are not being simply knee-jerk
and still have an open mind, and don't put us down as
naively gullible for having 'seen'.

But, admittedly, most skeptics are rabidly knee-jerk,
unwilling to do even the rudimentary experiment of a week
long meditation retreat.  Just as most psi-advocates are,
in fact, naively gullible.  Oh well.
-
The Amazing Randi has done a great service in debunking real
charlatans like Uri Geller, and he has hardly made a living
at it, in fact he has had to spend his life's savings in
legal fees to defend himself against Geller's spurious
lawsuits (which he won).  Geller was laughably reduced
to protesting his 'originality' as a stage magician,
rather than his authenticity as a psychic.

Check out Carl Sagan's book 'The Demon Haunted World'
for a good chapter on a Randi 'experiment' showing
just how gullible people are.  Sagan is a bit too
knee-jerk for my taste, but he makes some good points
regarding how to cultivate proper 'Baloney Detection'
skills, which are in short supply these days.  Check
out any 'Whole Life Expo' show for example.

> To prove psychic phenomena "empirically" seems almost a
> contradiction...with all the psychic people that I've been around,
> the connection is psychic...not sensory...you can feel it, you
> know it's there, you can prove it to each other but only because
> the connection itself is self evident. If you're outside the flow,
> there's no "proof". It's like me "proving" to a blind person that
> there are colors, or that they look a certain way.

Yep, these are almost mutually exclusive paradigms, the
criteria of 'proof' in one paradigm is not accepted in
the other.  Science requires 3 things: 1.repeatability,
2.independence of observer, 3.quantifiability.  Psi
phenomena, almost by definition, are none of these,
so there is no way to 'prove' them within the context
of normal science.

One person's 'synchronicity' is another person's
'coincidence'.

But... there is a close approximation to proof described
in the PEAR reports, which are showing statistically
repeatable and quantifiable psi phenomena such as
telepathy and psychokinesis, in the realm of academic
science.

http://www.princeton.edu/~rdnelson/pear.html

I have emailed them
asking why dont they apply for the prize money, if
I get a reply I will post it here.

cheers

"The World is its own magic." -Suzuki Roshi

7 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: Re: psychik challenges, PEAR info

sorry to belabor this, thought some might be interested in
what PEAR is up to regarding 'scientific' proof of psi,
from the PEAR site:
http://www.princeton.edu/~rdnelson/pear.html

Engineering and Consciousness

 The Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research program was established at
 Princeton University in 1979 by Robert G. Jahn, Dean of the School of
 Engineering and Applied Science, to pursue rigorous scientific study of the
 interaction of human consciousness with sensitive physical devices, systems,
 and processes common to contemporary engineering practice. Since that time, an
- interdisciplinary staff of engineers, physicists, psychologists, and humanists
 has been conducting a comprehensive agenda of experiments and developing
 complementary theoretical models to enable better understanding of the role of
 consciousness in the establishment of physical reality.

 most substantial portion of the PEAR program examines anomalies arising in
 human/machine interactions. In these experiments human operators attempt,
 solely by volition, to influence the behavior of a variety of mechanical,
 electronic, optical, acoustical, and fluid devices to conform to pre-stated
 intentions. In unattended calibrations these sophisticated machines all
- produce strictly random outputs, yet the experimental results display
 increases in information content that can only be attributed to the influence
 of the human operators. Over the laboratory's history, thousands of such
 experiments, involving many millions of trials, have been performed by over a
 hundred operators. The observed effects are usually quite small, of the order
 of a few parts in ten thousand, but they are statistically repeatable and
 appear to be operator specific in their details. In contrast, the results of
 given operators on widely different machines tend to be similar in character
 and scale. Pairs of operators with shared intentions are found to induce
 further anomalous characteristics in the outputs. The devices also respond to
- group activities of larger numbers of people, even when they are unaware of
 the machine's presence. These human/machine anomalies can be demonstrated with
 the operators located thousands of miles from the laboratory, exerting their
 efforts hours before or after the actual operation of the devices. Elaborate
 analytical methods have been developed to extract as much understanding from
 these results as possible, and to guarantee their integrity against any
 experimental or data processing flaws.

Implications and Applications

This composite array of internal and external PEAR activities is motivated by
three overarching goals:

     Basic Science

     Accommodation of the observed anomalies within a functional scientific
     framework will require the explicit inclusion of consciousness as an
     active agent in the establishment of physical reality. This expansion of
     the scientific paradigm demands more courageous theoretical structures
     than exist at present, guided by more comprehensive empirical data than is
-     now available, acquired via more cooperative interdisciplinary
     collaborations than are currently practiced. PEAR has enduring roles to
     play in all three aspects of this search.

Cultural Implications

     Beyond its scientific impact and its technological applications, clear
     evidence of an active role of consciousness in the establishment of
     reality holds sweeping implications for our view of ourselves, our
     relationship to others, and to the cosmos in which we exist. These, in
-     turn, must inevitably impact our values, our priorities, our sense of
     responsibility, and our style of life. Integration of these changes across
     the society can lead to a substantially superior cultural ethic, wherein
     the long-estranged siblings of science and spirit, of analysis and
     aesthetics, of intellect and intuition, and of many other subjective and
     objective aspects of human experience will be productively reunited.

8 Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996
From: "Singleton, Peter"
Subject: RE: psychic challenges why bother?

Exactly, why bother.
I'm a scientist, and from experience in science and in life people believe
what they want to believe. They can prove the untrue and disprove the true.
Black can be white and white black. Why give science the power? If they are
not interested who cares. We know it's true. If someone says the sky isn't
blue when it clearly is why waste time on them when obviously they don't
want to see?
I also agree with flute. Is the real reason for 'proving' these thing ego,
so you can be the great psychic, so you can be powerful and violent, making
people see when they don't want to, making them think like you think, and if
they don't then keeping on at them until they do! There are reasons why
people aren't aware of these things. To show them will have no effect and
change little. It would be nice if others knew this reality but they will
never come to it until they want to.

Regards
Peter
- ----------
> From: flute
>

> Your Wrote>>>>Sorry this has taken so long, but you may remember that
> I knew of some
> psychic
>
> Don't  even think of it... I've seen this Randi skeptic guy on tv
> before.... he 'psychs' out the psychic so that they are so messed up
> that they can't think.... he makes a good living off of disproving
> psychic ability.
> Vickie Hamby
> AND If you have to prove to someone (EGO-MAYA-Illusion) who you are
> and what you know, then you can be messed up by someone that has a
> small insight into where your weakness's are - The Ego.  Not a good
> thing.
> I dislike the word psychic..( comes from psyche an ancient greek
> myth/legendary female as i remember) Look it up in the dictionary..
>
> I rather like intuitive Explorer. When your kundalini has awakened,
> you will find you are in tune with the universe and just that makes
> you intuitively aware of all else.  All is the same in unity, so why
> wouldn't you know what goes on in other minds. By knowing thru this
> feeling, the interlocking circles of life..( the future and the past
> are one); why can't you know where you or someone else is going, has
> been or is now?  Reality is only as you judge it to be at this moment.
>   By scientific theory, you cannot have time and space in the same
> spot at the same time.. Psychic just seems to be a silly term for
> understanding the unity.. strange yes?  THe more we judge and
> catagorize, the more we divide and lose our knowledge.  The knowing
> is there for everyone.  Anyone can do it.. Just pay attention.
> Flute
> Intuitive Explorer (professionally)

-
9 Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996
From: "Singleton, Peter"
Subject: Miracles are here

Some more thoughts,
If a person can't see the miracle of every day life, of the tree, of TV and
the aeroplane, of the earth hanging in space, then they sure as hell aren,t
going to see the miracle of anything else. Jesus walking on water pales into
insignificance in comparison to these daily miracles. All that would happen
is that the phenomena would be eventually 'explained' to the limit of our
technological understanding i.e. to the point of knowledge where we run
smack-bang into the unknown, then the whole thing would be discarded as not
being a miracle at all and God has once again failed to prove his existence
to man (thus proving to man that he is mightier than God) - the final score
God 0, man 1.

10 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: How wonderful is the K-list netiquette

just to show y'all how exemplary is the netiquette on this
list, here is a random sample from a Usenet group:
(I apologize for wasting bandwidth, and promise to get back
to work, but I thought it had some amusing value also, for
those of us (me?) with perverse humors)

>Re: Tell me of your thoughts of God.
->
>millerlATNOSPAMnevada.edu (LISA MILLER) wrote:
>
>>I'd like imput of your thoughts and views on your own spirituality.
>>Please, no comments that have anything to do with organized religions.
>
>>Thanks,
>
>>Lisa
>
>Lisa,
>
>     Is the name of the childish game that you are playing "you show
>me yours and I'll show you mine?"  You seem to be unaware that you are
>about to embark upon the game of conflict played by all blind
>believers.  It's called divide, compare, argue, and conquer.

As opposed to blind faith in the drivel that pours from your keyboard
in an unending stream?  How many fools have YOU conquered with your
doubletalk, bRay?
-
>    Why are you interested in what another thinks of Spirituality? In
>turn, why should another be interested in what you think of
>Spirituality?  First understand your own instrument of mind.  Delve
>deeply within your own dualistic consciousness and fathom  its
>intriguing capabilities.

Lisa asks a legitimate, polite question, and you come back with
this
dualistic crap.  Truth (heh) is you HAVE no sprituality, or anything
else worth reading.  All you have is buzzwords, obfuscation,
weaseling, and psychological intimidation techniques.  Nobody with
enough brains to poor piss out of a boot is buying it, son.

>    Understand your intellect's propensity for confusion when
>embarking upon matters beyond the technical realm.  Be clear within
>yourself.  Be the Master of your own mind; otherwise your perceptions
>will be rendered worthless as they become tainted by the inherent
>confusion of your own conditioned instrument.

Hey, I can help here, bRay.  There's no need to write all that fancy
stuff.  What you're trying to say here is "You're a moron."  Hope this
helps.

[yadayadayada]

>    What beliefs do accomplish, however, is to create divisions which
>mark the playing field for the power game which misdirects one's
>attention away from the truth of "What IS."  It causes one to  fritter
>away one's life force by the dilettantish focus of "dabbling" at a
>level of  peripheral nonsense one merely labels as spiritual.  That is
>the illusory arena where the temporal game of temptation and
>acquisition of power is played by the mind.  It is this vibratory
>realm which prevents one from ever experiencing direct resonance with
>Eternal Truth.  In other words, Lisa, that's the dualistic Hell to
>which conditioned man has condemned himself.

You know, if you read this out loud, it sounds even funnier.  Do you
move your lips when you type it?

[veiled insult deleted]

>Say what you mean; mean what you say.

Good idea, blowhard.  I suggest you try it.

[more insults clipped]

>   Lisa, to sum it up; "Live your words--then speak your life."

All she did is ask you a question, SnowJob.  You took several
paragraphs to insult her, but you never addressed the question.  Cute,
but ineffective.

(.... and on and on and on and on)

11 Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996
From: Eagle
Subject: Re:  ANTS  in my home    AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Mistress Angelique Serpent wrote:

> >  Hey everybody!  I've been posting mostly to individuals for a while, but I
> >came up with a general question.  My house is infested by ants in a big
> way.  I have the feeling that I don't want to kill them.  I've been putting
> them outside on paper towels and keeping the place clean, but they are
> determined.  My fiance says that ants are not "living creatures" as such.
> They have a hive--mind and killing one does not damamge the mind.  I think
> he just wants to kill them.  My questions are: 1, is it normal with K to
> feel like you don't want to kill things?  2, What do you think about the
> hive mind idea?  (I wouldn't want to be killed just because it didn't
> destroy the collective unconsious!) and 3, is there any kind of energy thing
> - asking them to leave - that might work as an alternative?
> >  I hope this is not too off-subject
> >                   Firefly
>
>   I got infested with tiny ants too, after I did a spell for something to
> eat the dust mites I am allergic to. They don't like cinnamon, and so a
> light dusting of cinnamon will keep them out of your cupboards. If a lot of
> them got in my way, I would wipe them out occasionally...usually
> literally...wipe away ants from the countertop, into the sink and down the
> drain, before I make dinner. Ants get killed in nature, and you are nature,
> too.
>   Avoid harsh chemistry, though. I never did find a spell to get rid of
> them...they spread to the other apartments, instead.
>                 Blessings, Angelique.
>
>                    Mistress Angelique Serpent,
>                 Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
>             Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
>         *******************
> "Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
> Feel your arms are opening out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
> With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
> come true.
> I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
>                          Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Officially the most beautiful city in the world.

*Chuckling*

Angelique and Firefly,

Angelique, your story is another reminder to be very careful and specific
what you ask for.

Our prayers or spells and magic are always answered.  Just sometimes not
in the manner in which we would like them to be.  :o)

Another thing ants dont like is black or white pepper.  A light dusting
of that around their entrance point and along the path will also deter
them.  My mom is allergic to ALL chemical sprays.  Everything Spring, she
buys a huge box of black pepper and goes all the way around the house
with it.  Creating a first line of defense she says.  She doesnt have
ants.
--
According to native American Teachings, here is the message that Ant may
be bringing.

ANT
ants have an organization of society that is unparalleled.  In different
species there are warriors, breeders, farmers, livestock herders,
parents, workers, builders, slave drivers, raiders and more.  Each knows
its role in society and performs its duties with total loyalty to the
whole.

The power of Ant medicine is teamwork.  Each Ant will do its part to
ensure the survival and health of the whole colony, regardless of the
roll it has been assigned.  If Ant has to fight, it will; if Ant has to
dig tunnels, it will;  if Ant has to carry leaves for miles, it will --
all for the good of the community.  If Ant has made its way into your
life, a messsage it might have for you is to look around at how you are
being asked to fit into the big picutre.  Creator may want you to play a
specific role for your family, community, or Earth Mother.

Ant could also be warning you that you are being too true to what others
expect of you.  Are you following the herd mindlessly and ignoring a
promising new direction?  Even societally bound Ant knows when the time
is right to break away from the colong and start a new hill.

Also, Ants are very patient.  And trusting.  Perhaps Ant is suggesting
that you show a little trust and patience in some life situation?  You
may have forgotten that you will always receive that which you need, at
the time you need it most.  If it is not on the horizon of just around
the next anthill, you may need to use soem strategy.  How can you put use
your power of creation unti "it" arrives -- whatever "it" means to you at
this time?

Ant is working for the good of the whole.   Are you?  If you are, be
assured that the whole wants the same goodness for you, and that it will
be provided.

------

Blessings of Love and Light,
Sybil Soaring Eagle