1 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: toxic foods

At 03:28 PM 12/1/96 -0800, you wrote:
>  I gave up eating beef jerky and prepared meats years ago: I found the
>nitrites in the food to cause an emotional reaction in me of irritability
>bordering on violence.

        I feel weird, and not in a good way after eating jerky...yech!

> I still eat meat, but unless it's free range and organic, there is an
>artificial chemical undertone to the meat. I can taste the difference.
>Hormones and antibiotics in my steak. Eggs, the same way.

-        I eat meat too, but grow less and less of desiring it anymore.  I do
wonder about the eating meat thing.  Should we be vegetarian because meat
lowers our vibrations?  Or is there a deeper reason, that we 'take on the
consciousness of that meat', as one person, Aaron I believe, said about
turkey.  Are we taking on those negative emotions of being an animal raised
to be slaughtered?  I heard one person talk of consistently eating red meat
attracts beings who suffered a similar death.  Why is this so much a part of
eastern doctrine?

> Same with artificial sweeteners, apparently. They break down in the body to
>the equivalent of paint thinner, diabetics are showing up with wierd brain
>disorders comparable to the damage from sniffing solvent.

        Even before K, when nutra-sweet came out, it would make my stomach
sick.  I actually see nothing wrong with sugar, it is actually quite healthy
in my opinion.  Although it is one sided in energy, it gives you one thing,
and not many like a banana or milk would give you.  For this reason, sugar
doesn't seem like something you need a lot of.

->
>  I like to drink tea, but lately I find myself bringing my own Twinings
>teabags or Messmer Lee into restaurants. Studies show that cheap tea is
>insecticide soup: it comes from the bottom leaves of the plant, which are
>older, and so contain a larger dose of poison. My K. sensitivity means I am
>exquisitely aware of the difference.

        Orange juice and water purity are two things I am very sensitive to.
The cheaper orange juice tends to have chemicals in it, although it doesn't
say anything of this on the package, but I feel them.  I think 20/20 did a
piece of investigative reporting on school lunch orange juice a while back,
and they found that the schools were being supplied with mainly chemical
based orange juice, and it was labeled as pure orange juice.

>  I enjoy dairy products, but I may soon give up my beloved Haagen Daz, if
>they start putting Bovine growth hormone into dairy cows. I causes the same
>cow to produce 4x the milk it did before, so the cow is stressed, and gets
>sick more often, so there's antibiotics in the milk, too.

        I just bought milk today that was labeled 'without rBST/rBHT' it was
actually cheaper than the regular milk, not labeled as having these hormones
btw.

> One third of the popoulation is allergic to MSG. yet it is in everything. Why?

        MSG overload is terrible.  I got pretty sick from it in a homemade
soup once.

> If I spend very much time under flourescent lights, I begin to get
>irritable and sluggish.

        These tend to bother me in the third eye.  I think the third eye
reacts to it in a way that it opens it in a negative way.  I always feel
like I'm bleeding energy out of here with flourescents.

Tim

-
>                     Blessings, Angelique.
>
>		   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
>		Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
>            Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
>	*******************
>"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
>Feel your arms are opening out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
>With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
>come true.
>I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
>                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"
>	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Officially the most beautiful city in the world.

-
2 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Reply- going unconscious to Peter

Peter,
I do not know why- but I am compelled to tell you or suggest that maybe you
should try for a shorter meditation period, say a 1/2 an hour and see what
happens.  Come out of the mediation and see what you remember from the
experience.  I do not feel that this info to you is from me, I feel that it
has been guided to come through me from a higher source and directed to you.
 That is all I know.  If this helps or you try it, I'd love to know what
happens..... Try it, what is there to lose?  Time is fluid after all and not
actually how we percieve it in our reality.

Light and Love,
Lori

-
3 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: Karen Blackford
Subject: Books

Here are two books geared toward the mental health professional/interested
 layperson.  Try your local library or major bookstore such as Borders.
While many have had bad experiences with the psychiatric profession, there
are knowledgeable therapists out there. It's encouraging to see these
publications in the mainstream...
-
Textbook of transpersonal psychiatry and psychology.  Edited by Bruce W.
Scotton, Allan B. Chinen and John Battista. Foreword by Ken Wilber.  N.Y.,
BasicBooks, 1996.  431pp.

This scholarly text  begins with an excellent review of the development of
transpersonal psychiatry, highlighting the contributions of  James, Freud,
Jung, Maslow, Assagioli, Wilber and Grof, along with chapters on
cross-cultural roots in shamanism, Hinduism and Yoga, Buddhism, Kabbalah,
Christian mysticism and Native American healers; chapters on psychedelics,
meditation research, parapsychology, philosophy and modern physics; and a
large section on clinical practice, including chapters on differential
diagnosis (the V code of DSM-IV), NDEs, psychedelic psychotherapy,
breathwork, guided imagery therapy, and the phenomenology and treatment of
kundalini.  A good resource for those in the helping professions who seek
a transpersonal context.

Sacred sorrows; embracing and transforming depression.  Edited by John E.
Nelson, M.D. and Andrea Nelson,Psy.D.  N.Y., Putnam, 1996.  237 pp.

This book is divided into three major sections.  Part One: Living with
Depression has 7 brief chapters written by those who have  personally
struggled with depression; Part Two: Transforming Depression, includes
chapters on cognitive therapy, medications, energy dynamics, Jungian
psychotherapy and despair work; Part Three: Embracing Depression includes
some interesting approaches using chaos theory, psychedelics, Medicine
Buddha, egocide...  While many of the authors refer to the Dark Night of
the Soul, there is a particularly nice chapter by Roberto Assagioli,
Reactions to Spiritual Awakening, which underscores the inevitability of
spiritual depression following awakening.
-

4 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Seizures

If by seizures we mean an uncontrolled and often violent shaking of the body
core, then I have kundalini-related seizures ALL THE TIME.  Sometimes once a
week, sometimes daily. In the first month of my awakening, hourly.  It seems
that some people have a more bodily awakening than others.  For one, it might
be all about visions, for another, sound, etc.  For most it's a little of
everything, but there's usually a quality to the overall experience that's
specific to each individual's make-up.  Most interpret these seizures to be
energy obstructed in its channels "nadis" and struggling to get out and to
purify the pathways.  Intuitively, that feels right to me, but who can really
know?

-
5 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: toxic foods-sweetners and epilepsy

 Same with artificial sweeteners, apparently. They break down in the body
 >the equivalent of paint thinner, diabetics are showing up with wierd brain
- >disorders comparable to the damage from sniffing solvent.

Another thing to consider is that sweetners such as nutra sweet, etc. can
cause people with epilepsy to have seizures.  Glad I never liked it to begin
with.  Just thought I'd add that little tid bit for those who were unaware of
it.

Light and Love,
Lori

-

6 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Epilepsy and K

Dear jan and everyone,
        I still do have seizures- (grand mal) my first one was at age 19 and
my last one was about 2 weeks ago (and broke my nose when I went down too), I
am now 24 years old.  I went 3 1/2 years without having a seizure!!!  I have
passed out several times among being dizzy.  It sucks!  I keep asking what I
am suppose to learn from all of this- lost time from school, work, not
driving for over a year, double vision, blurred vision (inable to read
because the words blurred on the page), headaches, side effects from the
medication, etc.  I thought things had lessened up and then it started again.
 I have also questioned as Jan has done about the connections to K and
epilepsy and if perhaps I do not have epilepsy and that this is all caused by
my Kundalini rising.

        I would love to know if there are any sources of information to read
on this. I have done a great deal of research on epilepsy and the different
meds. to control seizures- I take Dilantin (I hate it!) and it will never
stay regulated in my system, either too high or too low- no matter what I do
or how we change the dosage levels.  It is very frustrating!

        Any more help anyone could provide would be great- and if you would
like me to start keeping a list of those of us who have epilepsy, seizures,
black outs, etc... it might be interesting to see what kind of results we
get.  So, anyone feel free to email me personally and I will begin keeping a
record of names and details- provided my fellow list members are interested.
-
       It is very distrubting of life, but talking to people who understand
exactly what it is like to go through does help- you know, support groups...
we have a great one right here!  Thanks for listening... :D

In Light and Love,
Lori

-
7 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)

I think I may have mentioned this before but in Oliver Sack's book on
migraine he speculates (but doesn't necessarily concur) that migraine
may be a cousin of epilepsy.  It seems to me that if you added a
migraine-k category to an epilepsy-k category there would be quite a
few of us on the list, indeed, that would fit in.  I think about
Dostoyevski, seizures and his visions, Hildegard of B., etc.   My
migraines way preceded K but I wonder if the electrical irregularity
allows a window for something new to happen, like a mutation or a
strange attractor!!  Holly

8 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: movie: Holy Ghost People
-
Just saw a documentary movie called "Holy Ghost People"
by Peter Adair, made when he was 20 something
in college in 1967.  Of interest to those
looking for expressions of Kundalini in American
folk traditions.

About serpent handling 'Holy Rollers' in
Appalachia.  Most of the movie records scenes
of possession by the Holy Ghost during the
course of a 4 hour service of preaching, singing,
dancing, testifying and snake handling.

Some very moving testimony is given
describing what the Holy Ghost
experience is like.

One person describes how it came to him in
bed one night like a great wind passing
through his body with a roar.  Another
person described how all people appear holy
to her when she is seeing through the Holy Ghost.

Very spiritually moving.
Dont know if it is on video or not.

If only there were documentary filmakers
at the old gatherings of the enslaved
African American Baptists!  What they
could have taught us about religion!
-
cheers

9 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Question.

Got a question for everyone:
-

What is kundalini to you?

        Sort of an essay type of thing I guess.  For me, it is freedom, pure
and simple.  At least this is how I feel about it right now as it eats away
the blocks that bind the soul.

        I think it'd be interesting to see what everyone else has to say on
this.  Seems like it'd tell a lot about a person just how they describe it.

Tim

10 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: traveler

At 02:08 PM 12/2/1996 -0800, you wrote:
>I think I may have mentioned this before but in Oliver Sack's book on
>migraine he speculates (but doesn't necessarily concur) that migraine
>may be a cousin of epilepsy.  It seems to me that if you added a
>migraine-k category to an epilepsy-k category there would be quite a
>few of us on the list, indeed, that would fit in.  I think about
>Dostoyevski, seizures and his visions, Hildegard of B., etc.   My
>migraines way preceded K but I wonder if the electrical irregularity
>allows a window for something new to happen, like a mutation or a
>strange attractor!!  Holly

My neurologist wants me to take Depakote for my migraines (it is an
anti-seizure  medication used in epilepsy treatment.) Supposed to be very
helpful. However, the risks of lethargy, overweight, and "impaired cognitive
functioning" seem high to me, even though they are small in percentage terms.

Instead, I am pursuing a hormone based treatment at the moment, having just
located one that I think makes far more sense for me. Clearly, stress and
food etc may cause them for others but for me the cause is hormonal, period.
I would rather heal at the source than add layers of bandages on.

Will keep you informed. This is my latest in a long series of hopeful
experiments.

best, traveler

-
11 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: Debee
Subject: Address Change

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around but have a new
address now.  This will save me from having to send everyone an individual
message whom I correspond with here on the K list.

Blessed Be
-
Debee
The Soul Would Have No Rainbow Had The Eyes No Tears.

12 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Re: Question.
-
If you want to unsubscribe, then e-mail the other address, not mine, not
kundalini-l, but it's subsribe/unsubscribe address.  Here, this is what you
missed looking up in the very first E from the list:

LIST OWNER'S ADDRESS

This is where problems and questions should be sent. All mail to this
address is read by a human being: me! kundalini-l-ownerATNOSPAMexecpc.com.

Subscribing and Unsubscribing to kundalini-l

Note that the name of the list is kundalini-l. The letter at the end is a
lower case L (l), not a one (1). While it is virtually impossible to
differentiate these in plain/ascii text, the distinction is important as
the list name followed by a one (kundalini-1) won't work at all. The L at
the end stands for list.

The subscription list is hidden. No one has access, except the list owner.
If you choose to subscribe, you can be certain that your name and address
will not be given to anyone. All identities are hidden, unless you choose
to reveal yourself by posting.

To SUBSCRIBE:
Send email to kundalini-l-requestATNOSPAMexecpc.com
With the subject line: SUBSCRIBE

To UNSUBSCRIBE:
Send email to kundalini-l-requestATNOSPAMexecpc.com
With the subject line: UNSUBSCRIBE
-
It's as easy as that. Note that Smartlist (the computer program that
interprets these requests) will ignore anything else you might add. It also
will only allow you to unsubscribe yourself from the same account on which
you are subscribed. You cannot subscribe or unsubscribe from a different
account. This is to protect you from someone else monkeying around with
your email account. If you need to unsubscribe yourself from an account you
can no longer access, write me. I'll take care of it pronto.

Please stop writing to the list.
-

Tim

At 07:29 PM 12/2/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Tim Duna wrote:
>>
>> Got a question for everyone:
>>
>> What is kundalini to you?
>>
>>         Sort of an essay type of thing I guess.  For me, it is freedom, pure
>> and simple.  At least this is how I feel about it right now as it eats away
>> the blocks that bind the soul.
>>
>>         I think it'd be interesting to see what everyone else has to say on
>> this.  Seems like it'd tell a lot about a person just how they describe it.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>No more e-mail to "impalerATNOSPAMptdprolog.net"

13 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: Re: Drug Zone..just say no?

Mistress Angelique Serpent wrote:
> Someone tell me, how do I just say no to all these ways I am being
> drugged, my consciousness altered without my consent?

points well taken.
but...
isn't K an altering of consciousness without consent (at times)?

To keep a balanced perspective, remember that the Sun is
one of the leading causes of cancer.  And that every second
there are 100 billion neutrinos shooting through your body.

kind of makes me want to ask a rude question,
if you will forgive me:
How does it feel to be dominated by the Universe?

cheers

-
14 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: CGIAJWATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: celibacy

how to stop wet dreams:
keep feet warm, sleep lying on your side with both your legs crooked and let
your testicles lie outside your under ware
-
If this actually stops the dreams, or just the emmisions I'm not sure.  Some
feel celibacy is necessary to maintain hight energy, while others are trying
to remove their sexual nature completely, and others like Jan are attempting
(I think), to connect with the other sexual nature of yourself (each person
has both the male and femail nature within and apon finding this one never
becomes lonely)

-
15 Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996
From: CGIAJWATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: re chat

Some great mail between Richie and Jan and here's my two cents on celibacy.
 As for me, I was a late bloomer having sex on my 21 birthday, just worked
out that way, not like we found me a prostotute.  Anyway, during my virgin
years, I felt very weird and very un-sexy.  Even the girls I dated either
didn't want sex yet (or didn't want there first to be with me) or didn't want
to "taint" me by being my first.  This left me feeling very unattractive and
unwanted not to mention my introverted nature and shyness.
What I've learned over the years is that if I'm going to be in a relationship
with someone it will happen, almost without effort, like my body goes into
auto pilot when need be so that I end up getting into a relationship.  As a
result the majority of my relationships have been very meaningful and
satisfying on many levels.
It also means that when I'm not in a relationship I shouldn't bother looking
for one.  Going to parties and bars and clubs looking for that great "hook
up" or a love at first sight never seems to work for me, and when it does the
relationship usually dissolves quickly.  I'm too much of a freak inside to
pretend I'm not outside and all that why can't I get any tension really
occupies too much of my conciousness.  Too many problems with my past, and
too many reasons it doesn't work.

When my subconcious/God/the universe feels I'm ready for my next relationship
I will be drawn into it.  Otherwise I try to think about it as little as
possible.

I'm never trying to say I'm right and your wrong or anyone's better than
anybody else, but for others who are connected enough with the whatever that
they no longer feel they have much control over their own realities, this
might be a good way to think about when to be celibate and when not to be.
 It has most definatly changed my life for the better.

Aaron

16 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996
From: traveler
Subject: k and domination

>points well taken.
>but...
>isn't K an altering of consciousness without consent (at times)?
>
>To keep a balanced perspective, remember that the Sun is
>one of the leading causes of cancer.  And that every second
>there are 100 billion neutrinos shooting through your body.
->
>kind of makes me want to ask a rude question,
>if you will forgive me:
>How does it feel to be dominated by the Universe?
>
>cheers

I am glad you said that. I have had a sense that the k has violated my
personal space, even if it was at times in wonderful and blessed ways. I
have performed mental ceremonies to invite "her" in so that I can feel that
I have ownerhsip over the process; knowing full well that I never can,
really, on the one hand; on the other, I can take actions that will make it
appear to my simple mind as if I could.

In S&M, the submissive is the one who is really in control, isn't it? What
is there to learn here?

traveler

-
17 Date: Mon, 02 Dec 96
From: Richard Satin
Subject: Fwd: cellular change

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

Date: Saturday, 30-Nov-96 11:19 AM

From: maxishATNOSPAMeot.com           \ Internet:    (maxishATNOSPAMeot.com)
Subject: cellular change

Hello,
I feel like I'm sending this message out into the big void.  I'm not sure
how e-mail kundalini works.  I hope someone responds so I know if I'm doing
this right.

I have no knowledge of kundalini, but let me explain why I am here.  A
couple of months ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Two nights later,
I had a dream in which I met a peaceful soul named Kunda.  I understood that
he was to be my guide through this. After that, whenever I became fearful, I
said the name Kunda, and immediately took an involuntary deep breath and
relaxed.

We went "on-line" a month ago, so I could research information on breast
cancer, plus do some e-mail writings with my sister.  One of the first
things I searched for was information on kundalini yoga, because of name
Kunda.  I came across this e-mail line and joined it, and have been reading
some of the e-mails that have come through.  I thought it was time to
explain myself.
-
I had a powerful "Light" experience 18 years ago that changed me.  My baby
was a few months old and I loved her more than I'd ever loved anything.
Late one night, my husband and I smoked marijuana.  When I looked over at
our sleeping baby, I thought that she was breathing strangely.  I panicked,
but I was unable to manage a call to medical authorities, so I prayed for
the first time in many years.  Suddenly, a powerful light beamed into my
mind and totally filled me with love and peace.  I completely relaxed, and
started laughing and crying, telling my husband that our baby was all right.
 The sense of peace and joy that I had lasted for days after that.  Even now
, I can tap into that "light" for peace and protection whenever I feel the
need.

Whenever I'd gotten stoned before that, I'd get what I called a "hairy ball"
in my throat.  That "hairy ball" left my body that night, and I had a sense
that it was hanging around the house for a few days afterwards.  In fact, my
husband felt strange and sick while it was there.  Then it left.

I am wondering if anyone has a kundalini explanation for this, and also any
suggestion on how I should continue my search for information.  I have a
sense that I need change on a cellular level, and I am not sure how to
proceed.

Thanks!
Ellen

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------