1 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: Re: Energy messages

I'm really not sure how to explain it.. its a knowing.. When I am
talking to someone Or even just thinking of them, I can pickup their
was talking to someone on line that challenged my awakening.. and I
didn't know how to prove to him that I wasn't putting him on.  We
discussed Physics and Ensteins theory's of energy and matter.. and I
suddenly got a pin point pressure on my forehead.. and I asked this
person if they had a headache or a twitch in this area.. because I
was feeling it in mine.. He was astounded (no more than me) and said
yes.. then he scratched his neck and said.. what am I doing now.. I
couldn't identify the action he took, however I did feel the pressure
on my neck.. When i talked to several other people I was told I was
Empthic.. and I said.. OK.. cool.. laughing..
I'll tell you something else about what happens.. when I am talking
in IRC or chat.. and I connect.. I am answering questions before they
are asked.. so a telepathy of some sort is involved as well.  I have
a very psychic friend and we experimented by both of us participating
in a visualization.. and it was amazing.. We were in the same movie..
(in our heads) and were seeing the same scenery and same people..
Brain waves are like sound waves I think.. Its just a matter of
tuning into them to feel/hear them.
flute
-

2 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: BFMH62AATNOSPAMprodigy.com ( KATHY   SHIREY)
Subject: Reiki vs. k

Dear All,
 Excuse me while I step out from the shadows of lurking. :)  I must admit
that I can't stay quiet while Reiki is the topic.  I am a Reiki Master
Teacher, and Flute introduced me to this list.  Anyway, Reiki is not our
personal energy, rather part of the universal energy, where to me 'k'is
energy that we have transformed or awakened within.  Reiki is a energy that
is channeled.  I hope this helps.
Peace profound,
Kathy

3 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: Xochi Basmati
Subject: acid/reiki vs k

In continuing this little tangent I offer the following:
At 08:39 PM 11/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I think my gift and my responses are due to never having taken drugs.
>I have had many that worked with me tell me how strong my energy is.
>Even the slightest bit of wine even seems to make me sick or
>something.. I seem to lose the finer sensations/vibrations.
>Especially after Reiki MAster initiation.. Something in my physical
>makeup changed and a very tiny bit of wine will make me very weird...
>LOL..
>throwing up etc.  The cherokee, woodland Indians, were not user's of
>Drugs and they accomplished the same affect or better. I don't
>believe the Guru's of India used drugs either. THey were definatley
>more advanced in the spiritual gifts than most.  SO.. My advice. STAY
>away from Drugs.. they could make your negatives worse..
>flute
I can agree with you too some point, but I stress that what you call a drug
is as subjective and arbitrary a division as any.  All foods will have an
effect on you.  Peanut butter, which I eat too much of, makes me slow and
lethargic.  Some foods give me energy.  Coffee makes me study intensely.  It
is easy to fall into the trap of calling coffee a "drug" just because it has
caffiene but all foods, plants, have thousands of chemicals in them.  We are
chemicals.  Foods are chemicals.  And all these chemicals are just patterns
of energy.  therefore you have taken many drugs.  Sugar is a drug.  Alcohol
is a drug.  Much much worse(spiritually/energywise) them many of the
substances I have used(I stick to sporatic use of entheogens).  the
divisions of what are drugs have been taught to you by culture and therefore
I urge you to look beyond them and understand their true nature.
-        The use of plant sacraments is extensive in virtually all early
spiritual groups.  The Gurus of India are well, well known for their
*extensive* use of hash, and in the Vedas they speak extensively about Soma,
a potent consciousness changing drink.  I am sure the Cherokees used plant
sacraments too...   maybe tabacoo of which there are many kinds and
preparations.  that i have never smoked. Almost *all* american buddhist
teachers today have used psychedelics and that was what got them into
spirituality(See Tricycle).  The ancient greeks of the Eleusinian Mysteries
drank a potent consciousness drink as well and their contributions in
mysticism and knowledge is formiable.  In the world, we have been given
spiritual gifts of all kinds to help us.  from extraordinary people, to
great plants, to cutting-edge technology.  And all arises from the play of
this profound continuous thing we call life.  There are many paths to wisdom
and I believe that deep research into plants used in spirituality will
reveal that much credit is due their way.  Of teachers there are many sorts.
In honor of what they have shown me, I can only relate my own experience and
conclusions.  --Xo

-
4 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: Tim Duna

At 08:31 PM 11/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm really not sure how to explain it.. its a knowing.. When I am
>talking to someone Or even just thinking of them, I can pickup their
>was talking to someone on line that challenged my awakening.. and I
>didn't know how to prove to him that I wasn't putting him on.  We
>discussed Physics and Ensteins theory's of energy and matter.. and I
>suddenly got a pin point pressure on my forehead.. and I asked this
>person if they had a headache or a twitch in this area.. because I
>was feeling it in mine.. He was astounded (no more than me) and said
>yes.. then he scratched his neck and said.. what am I doing now.. I
>couldn't identify the action he took, however I did feel the pressure
>on my neck.. When i talked to several other people I was told I was
>Empthic.. and I said.. OK.. cool.. laughing..
>I'll tell you something else about what happens.. when I am talking
>in IRC or chat.. and I connect.. I am answering questions before they
>are asked.. so a telepathy of some sort is involved as well.  I have
>a very psychic friend and we experimented by both of us participating
>in a visualization.. and it was amazing.. We were in the same movie..
>(in our heads) and were seeing the same scenery and same people..
>Brain waves are like sound waves I think.. Its just a matter of
>tuning into them to feel/hear them.
>flute

-        This type of phenomenon and long distance psychic readings involve a
link-up, an auric attachment.  This happens spontaneously to me too at
times.  I had a dream that explains this type of communication.  When two
beings who are psychically developed share a space, there is a natural
tendency for the auras to mix, thus the two become one, and the 'I' becomes
'we'.  It is for this reason that I think spirit communications are often
referred to as 'we' by the spirits.

Tim
-

5 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Re: acid/reiki vs K initiation.

At 08:39 PM 11/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I think my gift and my responses are due to never having taken drugs.
>I have had many that worked with me tell me how strong my energy is.
>Even the slightest bit of wine even seems to make me sick or
>something.. I seem to lose the finer sensations/vibrations.
>Especially after Reiki MAster initiation.. Something in my physical
>makeup changed and a very tiny bit of wine will make me very weird...
>LOL..
>throwing up etc.  The cherokee, woodland Indians, were not user's of
>Drugs and they accomplished the same affect or better. I don't
>believe the Guru's of India used drugs either. THey were definatley
>more advanced in the spiritual gifts than most.  SO.. My advice. STAY
>away from Drugs.. they could make your negatives worse..
>flute

        Hi, I was thinking more of it as being later down the road for me,
and then only as a maybe to see what it's about.  My abilities came across
naturally as well, however, my first experience of psychic ability was while
in a marijuana trance.  This showed to me that anyone can be psychic, that
there aren't just a special gift from birth.

        I imagine that you are similar to me right now.  I cannot drink the
slightest bit of alcohol, or any other drugs.  Food alone has noticeable
affects, as well as the astral environment.  There is a college nearby, and
when I walk towards there, I can feel the difference in energy (alcohol &
students) from about a block and a half away.  Walking in a grocery store
the other day, I found the alcohol section incredibly dry and uncomfortable.
I wouldn't want to put that in my system right now.  K has made me sensitive
to my environment, some days less so than others.

        I actually look to peyote as being something to learn from, not what
it teaches, but just it's 'experience'.  My soul focus is one of being a
teacher (much growing into still), and I think peyote would help me
understand where many of my peers are coming from, I'm twenty btw.  In this
way I could relate things better I believe, as I would have that experience
within myself.

Tim

-

6 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996
From: redormanATNOSPAMplix.com (Dorman, Robert )
Subject: Re: acid/reiki vs k

Xochi Basmati wrote:

> snip
> Almost *all* american buddhist
> teachers today have used psychedelics and that was what got them into
> spirituality(See Tricycle).

 I am sorry, but I must correct you. THIS STATEMANT IS FALSE !!!!!!!
You have been misinformed. Whatever this "Tricycle" magazine may be, it
is certainly not an authority on buddhism if it makes such rediculous
assertions. I have been a practicing buddhist for over 27 years. I know
many many buddhists in this country.  Although it may be true that some
might use psychedelics, it certainly is not part of the religous
practice, but is a personal choice, as it is in other religions. As far
as suggesting that that was what got them into spirituality, that is
pure bullshit. I suggest you seek more authentic authorities such as the
attached URL http://sgi-usa.org/

I am not attacking you personally, since I realize that you are only
writing from what limited information that you have, but I must not
stand by and let such nonsense go unchallanged.
--Bob

-

7 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: Vibro-matic Bed

pleasurable when you are humming?
-    Dan wrote: Oh, yeah! Karen says ... she is jealous ... I can be in
this state for hours/days at a time.
    traveler wrote: hold her close while in this state ... let her in
on the party. I'll bet this is easy to share. Let us know the results.
    Actually, I don't have to even touch her when the energy is surging
at its strongest (i.e., during one of my Linda Blair episodes). During
these, the rushes 'telegraph' to her and send electric zaps through
her, leaving her hands tingling afterwards.
-    Also, I recently discovered that I can generate erotic energy at
will in addition to healing energy (maybe they're the same). I have
found that I am developing a 'feedback' mechanism whereby as I am
touching her during one of my 'spontaneous Reiki' sessions, I can feel
what she feels in that area of the body or even get an overall sense of
condition.
    As I was exploring areas near her TMJ's, I touched a spot and could
immediately tell that it produced a basal sexual response (i.e., I felt
sexual tingling in me when I did it). Since, it felt good to me, I kept
coming back to the spot during our session - it was interesting in that
no pressure was needed, just the willed energy through my finger over
this spot. I didn't say anything to her about it at the time (we were
in a public waiting room) and forgot about it. Until yesterday, when
she offhandedly said "Do you know how much you were turning me on the
other night in the waiting room - whatever you were doing was connected
directly to my *****"-).
    traveler wrote: P.S. Maybe you could send some over the wires, too!
    I did,
-    Love and LAUGHING LIGHT,
    Dan-RF (ReikiFrotteur)

8 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
Subject: Acid and K.

 What follows is not to be considered a recommendation that anyone do
anything illegal.

   I took acid for the first time about a year ago, after considerable
research into it's safety and best use. ****So I don't have any experience
of acid without K.****

  I will mention that Stanislav Graf, founder of the Spiritual Emergency
Network, (Mostly for rescuing the K. awakened from mental hospitals...) was
researching the effects of acid in the early sixties, and published a
fascinating but very dry book on the subject that is now just past a year
overdue at the library.

 Dropping Acid is a sacred thing to me, part of my wiccan/shamanic path. I
use it occasionally when I am looking to expand or change belief systems,
and also for enhancing my magical abilities. Changing belief systems is what
it was used for, by psychiatrists. For that reason I would never use it in a
party situation. My conscousness is wide open to new impressions, I'm not
interested in having some drunken asshole repatterning my core programming.
I need to create a safe space in which to be so vulnerable.
  Set, safety, sacredness of setting, conscous conscousness expansion.
-  I have never had a bad trip, athough some have contained briefly intense
emotional clearing. My conscous training prevails in that aspect: something
negative comes up, I release it or reverse it, to retain my positive power
state.
  I use it to break limitations, going down to the very core of my being,
where every idea is open to questioning from a fresh perspective. Making
decisions from that place, and planting them deep enough to precede other
perspectives. In a place to discover new ways of being, I bring those ways
back with me to my daily life.
 I discover new abilities, and refine others, on acid and imprint the memory
of the state clearly enough to rediscover it later. I once informally
counselled a DJ, who had taken acid while playing House music for so long,
six months after quitting all substances, he was still having flashbacks
whenever he DJ'd house. A simple NLP excercise cleared his flashbacks.
However, I am trying to imprint the opposite condition in my mental space:
Flashbacks at will, rather than the whole 12 hour voyage. That is how very
useful, I find that particular altered state for spellcasting and spiritual
growth. The witchfire in my veins increases tenfold, in that state.

  The shamanic and wiccan paths both understand that nature provides plants
to help unlock her secrets. Acid is derived from morning glory seeds, and
from the black fungus that sometimes appears on rye grain. An ergotamine,
like those used to treat migranes.
 Witches used it in ritual, knowing it's properties...Medieval peasants
would unknowingly eat mouldy grain, and suddenly, the whole town would be on
the worst, longest bad trip that a hellfire sermon could describe. Later,
they'd blame the bloodbath on some poor herbwoman, and there would be
another witch-burning.

 I find a small amount is sufficient, 1.5 tickets. For an extended voyage, I
might take another after a few hours. Research shows the acid only stays in
the body for about 1/2 hour, and only about 2% makes it past the blood/brain
barrier. Most of the fireworks come from the effects of brain serotonin
levels. The way the natural biochemistry is changed. It also does not kill
brain cells. However, I experienced a touch of the runs, and would be
dehydrated after. After some internal questioning, I have discovered it is
actually an inner ear/seasickness reaction from the hallucinations.
Acupressure wristbands for sailing have nearly removed this side effect.
  Still, powerful stuff. Handle with care. For more information about
chemical enlightenment, I would recommend the
Timothy Leary/Robert Anton Wilson homepage: http://www.deoxy.org/learyraw.htm
A document about imprinting the Tibetan/buddhist experience using LSD:
http://www.deoxy.org/l_impgui.htm

		   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
		Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
            Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
	*******************
"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
Feel your arms are opening out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
come true.
I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"
 Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Officially the most beautiful city in the world.

-
9 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
Subject: a very strange experience

  I had a very strange experience today. lloyd had set up the computer so I
could grab images off video. I was flipping frame by frame through a very
simple short smoking fetish video I made last Feb. as a add on to "Mr.
Bottom's Therapy." It consists of me in Domina attire, sitting in my throne
with a bright sunbeam shining just past my face, smoking one cigarette, very
liesurely. Bored, in fact. I had altered the brightness somewhat and the
picture was a little fuzzy on the computer. I was going through frame by
frame, looking for shots to scoop for the website.... but suddenly I was
watching myself morph, in slow motion.
  It was the wierdest thing. The Alien showed up, so did an elf, and a
naiad, and a child, and an old man with a blonde moustache, and a small boy
with dark hair. Few looked human. None looked much like me. lloyd could see
them too. Even remembering the images, the right frontal lobe starts heating
up. lloyd put his hands on my head, he could feel the sparks going off
inside. My hypothalamus was on fire.
-  I have seen the parade of faces before, but never been able to hold them
still, and study them like that. Ocassionally one will come through strong
enough to focus on and see who else is in behind my eyes. My
multidimensional self. It was all I could do, to take it in. I think I'll go
back for a few more shots. Got one printed complete with triangular alien
head, fiery eyes, pointed ears and halo.  My whole spine is stiff/tingling,
up into my head, looking at it. It's not a picture of anything human. The
other worldliness is palpable. It would be terrifying, except it seems to be
detatched, and glowing with white light. radiating rainbows fron the crown
of it's head.
-
  A perfect white spiral coming from the crown of my head....my answer, as
to whether the phenomena I produce can be photographed. And a clue to
technique: smoke, to catch the light.
  Raging K. asking for Hagen Daz ice cream.
                ..cool sweet blessings, Angelique.

-		   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
		Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
            Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
	*******************
"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
Feel your arms are opening out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
come true.
I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"
-	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Officially the most beautiful city in the world.

10 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: Paco
Subject: re: Music (2)

Tim,
-	Classical Indian music is a wonderful thing.
In India, many of the greatest classical musicians are actually
Gurus, saints and/or meditation masters. Classical Indian music
is an internal art of the highest order, and listening to it
is really good for you .
		later, Paco

11 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: Xochi Basmati

Hello,
        My info came from the mouth of a no less respected teacher than jack
Kornfield, one of the leaders of the Insight meditation centers.  Because he
runs one of the largest meditation Buddhist centers in the US and has spoken
to many of the teachers about it i believe that his statements have some
validity.   A poll taken of Buddhist who had used psychedelics (internet
poll) was 83%. Tricycle is a well respected magazine on Buddhism and their
issue has both pros and cons for psychedelics and normally doesnot even talk
about these substances.  Example of past users who are respected teachers
include Andrew Cohn, Adi Da, Jack Kornfield, Ram Dass, Trungpa Rinpoche,
Allen Watts and many others.  I believe that because you go to a more
"ethinic" organization you have therefore not been exposed a wide variety of
spiritual seekers, seekers who have chosen to join Buddhism though it is
foreign to their culture(most S.G are asian in my area).  In my own
experience I have found that many, many teachers and practicioners have used
psychedelics sometime in their life.  What is the big deal?.  Only in
ignorance can you not understand the connection.
Excerpt:"In 1966, Ralph Metzer introduced Timithy Leary to the German-born
Lama Anagarika Govida, who lived in the Himalayan village of Nanital.
Govinda had requested a LSD session, which Matzner provided.  For the first
time, after 30 years of meditation, the lama had experienced the Bardo
Thodal in its living sweating reality."
(note:the lama was an internationally respected teacher and authority
already at this time)
        I am not saying that it is part of the practice of most practicing
Buddhist(although it is used by a significant number), but that it has had a
profound influence on a significant number of people and on the history of
eastern religions in general.  Sokkai G's site does not address this point
and your personal experiences mean nothing.(I don't know any gays so they
don't exist).  I suggest you look up the Tricycle issue.  Then you can
debate of a position of knowledge.  The literature is extensive.
In truth,
--Xo

 Buddhist
[...]

12 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
-
reply to Bob;; you said..
> I am sorry, but I must correct you. THIS STATEMANT IS FALSE
!!!!!!!
You have been misinformed. Whatever this "Tricycle" magazine may be, it
is certainly not an authority on buddhism if it makes such rediculous>

I agree, the only buddist/yogi practices that I have been taught. Do
not use anything
that would raise their consciousness.. Its not necessary.   I can get
higher
mentally/spiritually than anyone on Drugs or Alchol.
My sister used LSD and a few dozen drugs and she.. although very
spiritual is
also totally paranoid schitz.  and I mean hospitalized at one time.
Drugs and
the kundalini experience are nothing to fool with.
flute

-
13 Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996
From: Jim Cook
Subject: MT

   What happened to MT ?
   I thought that it was a little sneaky that the other
   list members were left out.
   Just a little pissed,
   Jim