kundalini-l-d Digest                            Volume 96 : Issue 229

1 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: traveler
Subject: Re: muscle bound

At 03:04 PM 11/9/96 -0800, you wrote:
>My physiological k symptoms thus far have been relatively mild, but the
>past few days, in addition to the usual joint pain, I have had muscle
>spasms in my neck, back and lower abdomen.  I've been taking the
>magnesium as so many have recommended, but does anybody know WHY k
>should affect the body in this way?  Is it like an energy overload in
>the muscle system or something?  Just wondering (and tied up in a
>knot).  Holly

Point of clarification:

The magnesium alone I have found is very helpful for Nerve problems, burning,
etc.

For muscle things, I would take Calcium/magnesium--start with 1000/500. (These
are two separate rememdies to 2 separate concerns).

Best, traveler

PS With my migraines I often get lots of muscle spasms...the migraines are like
storms, or tornadoes, that wave through me, and I suspect they are
k-related...don't understand the why's beyond getting everyone's theory de
jour...nothing seems to help......(except the cal/mag, and the mag).....(The
cal/mag is a very common prescription for muscle relaxation. I tend to like
Jule's comments on using these minerals to benefit). Jule?

2 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)

THANKS!  Never noticed this before but the spasms eased tremendously  when I woke
up with  a migraine yesterday (still here but pretty mild).  I agree with
migraine being a storm.  Ever read Joan Didion's essay on  Migraine where she
talks about the after-the-storm quality of being  better than well?  Love,  Holly

3 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: slcofksATNOSPAMfeist.com (Philip St. Romain)
Subject: Genesis, kundalini, mythology
-
>>Responding to Aaron, Jan said:
>
>>I'll probably get blasted for some of this, but here goes... Please allow
>>me to diverge for a second to provide a background.  When Adam and Eve
>>were created and placed in the Garden, evolved man was in the Bronze Age
>etc. etc.

Dear Aaron, Jan, and others interested in Genesis and kundalini,

I liked your response to Aaron, Jan.  The serpent has many different meanings in
the mythologies of the world (and, yes, Genesis is Jewish mythology).  I don't
think it's a kundalini symbol, either--at least not primarily so.  As with all
myths, however, there are many facets to its interpretation, and I think you have
represented a traditional one quite well.

Viewed through the lenses of the kundalini experience, an interpretation does
suggest itself to me which has practical implications.  Here goes (it will be
brief, gang, so hang in there).

If the serpent is seen as kundalini, and the tree of the knowledge of good and
evil is self-consciousness, there could be a connection in that kundalini is
definitely "the energy of awareness."  The tree was placed in the garden and was
to be given to human beings in God's own good time.  The problem with Adam and
Eve was that they wanted it NOW, before the time was right.  They SNATCHED the
fruit, instead of allowing it to be given when it was ready to be eaten.  Then
their eyes were opened=they became more aware. But this was not an awareness
grounded in discipline and virtue; their egos were still too weak and innocent.
They stirred the energy before its time, which led to ego-inflation (they became
as gods, knowing good and evil=judgmentally pronouncing good and evil in terms of
their own desires, likes, dislikes, etc.).

Who was the snake, then?  In the above interpretation, it could be identified as
an astral being of malevolent will, taking the form of the kundalini symbol to
arouse in the first ones an inkling of their evolutionary history (there would be
an archetypal vibration, here).

The practical aspects of this are obvious.  I appreciate the many postings that
emphasize a "go with the flow" regarding the energy, but I am concerned about
those which suggest willful attempts to raise the energy before its time,
sometimes, it seems, with no particular spirituality or higher power to guide the
process.  This is extremely dangerous, in my view.

Aaron asked about other kundalini links in the Bible.  They are all over the
place, although I would maintain with a few others that the Christian experience
of the Holy Spirit is not exactly the same thing.  The seraph serpents in Numbers
21: 6 on is intriquing, is it not?

Enough for now.  Peace to all!

Phil

4 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: eileenrcATNOSPAMix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Kundalini Questions..

TeeegeeeATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

- "I have felt the total bliss in the past and loved it, but have come to realize
I cannot live in this world and that world at the same time."

Yes you can. That's the whole idea. But it takes time  - and development of the
skills of equanimity and compassion.

" I am not able to meditate, nor study, on a regular basis (when I do, I feel
like I'm losing touch...)."

My personal experience was that I could not meditate for years after
Kundalini's early acrobatics. There is much to integrate, and it is much
more important to STAY GROUNDED in that period than to do a practice
chosen by the conscious mind. You will be guided to the growth/cleansing
medium best for you when the time is right. Just stay grounded (carry on
with daily life) and BE PATIENT.
After K., we learn a new way of being, a new way to relate to life. More
intuition, less willpower. More faith, less demand. Less "ought to" and
more heart.
An example: Years ago, after K., I decided to meditate. Knew it was a
good thing to do. Everyone knows that. Sat & shut my eyes. An inner voice
said, don't. I overruled it, thinking, that's just my laziness talking.
Tried again to meditate. The inner voice said DON"T! And I thought,
that's a wrong directive. Everyone knows meditation is good. What I'm
hearing is just the voice of my own resistance to change.
And again, with great determination, I sat and closed my eyes. And again,
I was told, with even more force, DON'T!
Finally, I accepted this command, without understanding, but knowing at
last that this was not some lazy circuit within me, but a true guidance
from a Source higher that my conscious mind.
And it didn't matter what type of meditation I tried. At that time, the
energy was still so volatile, what I needed most for my evolution was not
a "spiritual practice" but firm connection to the earthly realm.
Gradually, one learns the difference between the voice of inner aberrated
inertia or ego protective mechanisms and the voice of the Higher Self.
So don't be so hard on yourself. (Oh, how we beat ourselves up and put
ourselves down! The Christian concept of Original Sin has most of us
apologizing for our beingness.)You are right on schedule! Patience, dear
soul!
Many others on this board will advise you to DO things. Listen to your
heart.
Love, Eileen

5 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Re: K in Genisis story

Aaron,

-
        I must say that I myself am a seeker about the Bible and am excited to
reply.  I have come across some interesting things about it in my search. For
one, the OT is a Kabalistic work.  Kabalah is the Jewish mystical tradition (for
those who don't know) and they have full knowledge of K.  In fact the OT is a
very purposeful book, every word has meaning.  It is meant to be kept in Hebrew
only, as well as the NT (to be kept in it's original language, Coptic), as the
words are made up of the 'sacred alphabet'.  This why it says in the bible that
the words shall not be changed, unfortunatly, they have been and so have the
meanings.
-
        Why is it sacred?  In ancient times, the mystery schools gave numerical
values to the letters of their alphabets.  A technique called gematria was then
used to conceal secrets.  Certain words have the same numerical value, and so,
the wrong word would be used, and only those who were in the know could 'decode'
the passage with gematria.  Gematria is used for other purposes too.

        The Hebrew alphabet is sacred for other reasons as well, for one, it came
from YHVH, and also it is said that each letter has meaning unto itself.  Genesis
as a whole, seems to refer to the Tree of Life, the model that is used by the
Kabalists for kundalini raising.  On the Tree of Life, we find 10 spheres
(seferoth), and 22 paths relating to the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet.  Each
sphere has it's various symbols associated with it, names of God, and angels.
When looking at Genesis in a litereal translation (I've only seen excerpts), we
find that it reads into terms that relate directly to the Tree of Life.  The
'expanse' or 'firmament' between the waters is easily recognised as Daath, the
hidden sphere, it is sometimes referred to as the eleventh sphere, it is called
'the abyss'.  But it is clear that there is '10 not 11 spheres', as it is written
in a later, Christian qabalistic work, the Sepher Yetzirah (sp?), which is why
Daath is hidden.

        There has also been some substantial evidence of Genesis (and other books
of the OT) being a story of E.T. visitors.  Zecharia Sitchin has done a nice
series of books that presents the information in a research format. As he has
researched, the bible's story of Genesis is from a much older creation story from
the Sumerians.  In the Sumerian version, YHVH and the Elohim come from another
planet, as is shown by the heiroglyphic texts.  The different 'Gods' of the
Sumerians are different God names in the Hebrew version.  'God' in the bible is
not always called YHVH, but rather many names that somehow got translated into
'God' or 'Lord' all the time.  The different names of God, I might add, refer to
different parts of the Tree of Life.  From knowing the correlation, Kabalists can
understand the passage that the name appears and the Tree itself better.

        I found an interesting tidbit in a Hermetic book about the Tarot.
Hermeticism uses Kabalah btw.  YHVH refers to the four principles of God. Yod,
the active priciple, first cause, motion energy, *I*.  Heh, the passive element,
inertia, quietude, *not I*.  Vah, balance of opposites, *form*. Heh (final) the
result of latent energy.  The Kabalists insist that everything consists of the
word of God, "Logos" to the Greeks.----From "The Symbolism of the Tarot", by P.D.
Ouspensky.

At 06:18 PM 11/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Why does the snake show Eve to the Tree of Knowledge?

>Apple's are red, kundalini nectar is red
        I heard that the apple wasn't the forbidden fruit, but the banana, don't
remember where.  Anyway, what I believe is that the fruit is symbolic of the
temptation of being different, not One  Perhaps it is a mistranslated term in
Hebrew?

>what knowledge was gained
        It would seem they gained the knowledge of dualism, knowing good and
evil.

>why were Adam and Eve banished
        If they were in a state of paradisical unity, they would have to be
banished from paradise when they became un-united.  The bible comments about them
being 'naked' (garments=the aura, the unseen bodies perhaps?) and that unless
they eat of the Tree of Wisdom, they won't be redeemed and 'like us'.

>Also someone somewhere related Moses' Burning Bush to K (a burning bush which
>doesn't burn away and speaks the words of God ect.)
A big ??? for me.  I would really like a bible that is a litereal
translation of the original stuff.  Even if it means it reads in broken
english, it'd be nice to have the 'mystic's bible'.

>What other Connections to Kundalini can be found or assumed from the Bible?
        Revelation is a huge kundalini reference.  Seven churches of asia
(chakras), seven angels (bodies), comments about being "not too hot and not too
cold, but lukewarm".  To go further on the garments idea, Christ says that we
should exchange our old garments for garments of white.  Isn't this what happens
to the aura when our chakras are perfectly balanced?  See Edgar Cayce's books
about revelation for more about the kundalini/revelation relationship.

>Are we just interpreting it the way we want for whatever perposes we see fit?
        Yes and no I think.  I believe truly that there is a precise purpose to
the bible and how it relates to K, as all major religions seem to have K at the
basis of their beliefs.  From what I have seen as far as litereal translations of
the OT and the NT, I think that their meanings have become distorted and the
connection to K isn't precisely apparent or seen.

Tim

-
6 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
Subject: dominance paradigm Part 1:SM Shamanism.

>From: HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com
>
>I've been reading Angelique these last few weeks and noticing a variety of
>reactions in myself.  One part is interested in the posts.  Another part
>rises up and roars that  she's totally nuts.  Another part has a very hard
>time integrating s/m with an open heart chakra.  In my experience, and I have
>personal experience here, s/m derives from early life stuff, which somehow
>gets sexualized.  Some people I know who are into it recognize that their
>"kink" comes from old stuff, while others just champion the "lifestyle."  I
>wonder how you, Angelique, weigh in on that.
 Thankyou so much for seeing me so clearly, and caring enough to ask.
 The first thing I want to make clear is that I do not punish my slaves
physically for disobedience or displeasing me. My attention, in any form, is
a gift and a reward. If I get angry with them, I send them out of my space.
Removing my attention is a punishment, but more importantly, it keeps them
safe from being harmed by my negative energy.
I will not raise a whip in anger. Only in love.
 The other thing is, all beings being equal under Goddess, I am very clear that I
own my slaves exactly as much as they believe I do. They give themselves over to
my guidance and leadership, and I train them to be the best themselves they can
be. I am aware that ultimately, a good leader is submissive to the needs of those
she leads.
 I choose them with infinite care, those whom I own personally.
 I, on the other hand, am learning to surrender ever more fully to my Higher
Power.
 To be dominant is to be a leader, and the playacting of scene is only
dramatisation of the thousands of status transactions that make up daily life.
Certainly my kink comes from early life experiences-some very hard ones, that I
scripted for my life, before birth because these kinks give me understanding of
human nature, that I might not have learned anywhere else. An understanding of
why people seek pain, and that sometimes giving pain, is an act of love. Goddess
was very hard on that little girl, because She needed her wise and strong. The
hard lessons of my early life were not Karmic: I have no Karma. I am here because
I want to be, to do the work of the millennia. Those experiences were the forging
of a tool of peace and love. Something to trancend with deeper understanding and
persistent love.
 I am a living manifesto, that all acts of love and pleasure serve the Goddess.
An enlightened Dominatrix, to usher in a new age, the loving Matriarchy.  My very
existence is a refutation of the limiting, oppressive idea that illumination
cannot co-exist with hedonism.
  Remember, in the higher scheme of things, all is consensual. Even the abuse I
recieved as a child, had divine purpose. Remember what God did to Job. In love,
for his enlightenment.
  In giving over their control, slaves give me thier power. Trust, is a very
powerful force. I use that force, combine it with my own power, to take us both
somewhere else.
  It is not usually a conscous thing on thier part, but if someone submits to me
totally, I can control, change and evolve thier K. I can do things with it that
they could not. They give me their power, I use it to empower them.
  Yesterday. Spending time with a very pretty K. awakened submissive masochistic
young lesbian who has a crush on me. My belief-the crush is actually her K.
driving her to the tutor she needs. She knows nothing about K. or why she was
having all these symptoms and visions, until she met me again after a year, on
Hallow'een. She had been terrified, trying to take refuge in logic!
- Sitting in a restaurant yesterday talking about her experience, she related that
she felt her energy was stuck at her diaphragm, and wouldn't go higher. Stuck
around her power chakra. I got her to do some grounding visualizations, and then
put my left hand over the top of her head, Grabbed her K. and yanked/sucked it up
to her heart chakra.
  Yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to be able to do that, a sadistic, pot smoking
kinky fetish witch, who drops acid whenever she feels like it, eats meat, owns
six men. Well, I do it anyway. It amazes me, too. Makes me feel like an alien.
I've been asking people what they see. Seems my K. has 6 spirals. Go figure.
Maybe I am an alien.
-  Later, she was relaxing on the couch. I felt inspired to do a crystal layout on
her, I've been reading the Crystal healing list. I know nothing about crystal
healing. I followed my intuition, and listened to the crystals telling me where
they needed to be. Using my own energy to facilitate their work. 10 minutes
later, she was vibrating, the Fire Serpent shooting out her crown. She jumped up
do do a whole bunch of spontaneous yoga, (asked if she'd studied yoga.
'streaching is yoga??') and I did another layout on my male companion. I have
asked him to write for me a description of his experience, which I will post.
 I know this seems like an outrageous story.
  I'm not going to sell you on it. I leave it entirely up to you to believe or
not. Look to your own guidance, and ask: Is the tale I tell true? Do I truly have
these abilities? Did this happen? See what you get. Tell me, I'd be very curious
to know. Open invitation, to any on this list who care to have a good esp. look
at my soul, my K. I hide nothing. I know I am made of love. Be nice if you tell
me what you find, though. My curiosity.

  I have a friend who is a behavioral scientist, and her book is due out, so I
don't talk about her work, much. Her name is Gail McCool, and her book will be
called "there's an alien in my bed." She has discovered that there are two
exactly, completely different kinds of humans. She calls them magnetizers and
conductors, because of the way they use energy.
  They correspond roughly to  dom/sub. Magnetizers feel best when they are
attracting energy to themselves, to do some purpose. Conductors glow when
they are channelling energy to the needs and purposes of another. Leaders
and supporters. Chiefs and indians. doers and helpers. My slaves find
satisfation in giving their energy in support of my wellbeing, knowing I
find satisfaction in having more free energy to devote to teaching and
healing. And of course, I am a sadist. They are the gas in my car. They are
the cables to my computer. We need each other, it is an energy exchange in
the synchronicity of how well the supportive and directive energies combine
to create the experience.
Together the energies are much more than the sum of thier parts. One ox can
pull 1000#, but two oxen pulling together can pull 5000#. One ox must lead,
for them to pull in the same direction.
  Certainly, I am giving them the energy of my attention and guidance, but
they are giving me the energy of themselves, their energetic and physical
form, and thier trust.
In thier giving this energy, and me accepting and using it, we are both
fulfilled.
We come out both so enriched, that there is a plapable glow that strangers
wish to touch, and share. That is the energy dynamic I see, when things are
working at best.
  My slaves are all conductors. I am a magnetizer. It is because of my use of the
energy they give me, that I have been able to evolve so far and fast. In turn, I
can throw them a rope, and pull them up closer to my level of experience. I can
do that, because the trust necessary for SM is the trust necesary for shamanic
journeying.
 If they submit to my mental domination and trust fully, they can share my trip.
Is that clearer? Is the Shaman who pierces the young brave's chest for the
sundance, a sadist? Did the early christians whipping themselves, really feel the
holy spirit enter thier bodies, when the endorphin wall broke from the self
flagellation? Maybe they did. Most spiritual disciplines have some form of
ritualistic masochism, buried in thier doctrine.
  As a Dom, you learn that sometimes it looks cruel to be kind.
  It can be very difficult judgement call. I work from the heart. The
platinum rule: treat others as they wish to be treated, within your own
limitations of giving selflessly. Do what thou wilt, but do no harm. As a SM
person, I have been shown that the difference between a scene and abuse is
often how it is recieved, the intent with which it is delivered. A surgeon
cuts to heal.
A slap may be an act of love. An insult may be recieved as the sweetest
endearment. I  have been given this unusual wisdom because sometimes there
is need to deliver some loving blows, perhaps to some people who may need
them, but are afraid to ask conscously. Whew! What a job! Pokes provocative,
to heal.
  The serpent could play devil's advocate, except she doesn't believe in Satan.
It was a harsh world, that evolved the rabbit's big ears. The fox is only being
true to his nature. I think on some level, by choosing to read the post, you
agree to play.
  I know that one of my roles is provocatuer. I will upset a lot of moralist
patriarchs, make them angry and shake up thier belief systems like a zen koan.
  Plant uncertainty, so there is room for new ideas. I do that just by being, but
as my fame grows....The serpent is an Angel, too.

--------------
>Part of my negative response to the posts -- and I'm acknowledging that this
>is about me, and my experience -- comes from the tone in which they're
>written.  To me, it's a tone designed to flaunt, and tweak.  I respond much
>better to writing that feels more open-hearted and personal to me.  I'm
>writing about this because I want to air it, not sit here every day reading
>the posts and building up frustrated energy when I could be expressing, and
>dialogueing about it.

>Howard
>-------------
  Thankyou for that perspective. I am an agent provocatuer, and so sometimes I
come across that way. A zen koan frustrates and confuses, to enlighten. But
sometimes it is simply saggitarian humor and high spirits. Sagittarian blunt
humor can be notorious for causing unintentional annoyance, through
misunderstanding of it's intent. Text makes that effect worse.
-  I shall challenge myself to respond from a deeper level. It is important to me
that I be heard clearly, and internal resistance can be deafening.
  In trying to be clear, I also tend to be verbose, so I shall continue this in
the next post.
                Blessings. Angelique.

                   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
                Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
            Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
Feel your arms are opening out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
come true.
I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"