1 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: TeeegeeeATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Kundalini Questions..

Hey...

-    I've been on this list for about a month now and have enjoyed all of the
posts.  Have been learning alot about what may have happened to me three
years ago with a K experience. I did all the (wrong) things, not even
realizing what was happening until it did.  With my K rising, it created a
psycotic reaction that scared the living daylights out of me.  Had to give up
my son full-time to my ex, lost my business, my apartment, my confidence, my
sanity...  The only thing I gained during that whole experience was weight!
 Gained over 50 pounds over just a few months.....
    Prior to this experience (after a couple of months of disciplined
meditation, study & internal chants), I had a wonderful (spontaneous)
K-rising one morning (I wasn't in meditation), where one moment I was 'here'
and, the next moment, everything was nothing but white and lights they went
on forever, no sounds - total peace & quiet was the most amazing thing....
Lasted a couple of hours.
    Of course, not even knowing this place even existed before, I became
quite obsessed to getting back to it.  I overmeditated, overstudied,
overchanted...... which brought me to where I'm at now.
     Where am I?  I wish I knew.  I guess I'm a perfect case to prove what
'not to do' to raise your k...  I feel my sanity has returned (Thank God!),
and recently have gotten my son back full time.  But, something.... something
is missing.  I have felt the total bliss in the past and loved it, but have
come to realize I cannot live in this world and that world at the same time.
 For about the past year, it's like I feel... nothing.  I am not able to
meditate, nor study, on a regular basis (when I do, I feel like I'm losing
touch...).
     I have learned so much the past couple of years.  Used to be such a nice
wimpy martyr.... now I speak up for myself no matter what.  I've ended
relationships that needed to be ended.  I've learned to let go of the guilt
as it comes up.  I've faced SO many fears, & actually get a kick out of
facing them.
-     But, the joy isn't there.  I don't feel I'm depressed... just feel kind
of blah.  nothing.  zip.  maybe that's depression.  altho I've been depressed
before and this doesn't feel the same.
    I guess my question is... is this part of the process (after having such
a frightening experience)?  Is there anything I can do to bring back the joy
in my life?  Is it possible for me to ever work with the K once again, but do
it right this time?   And, to add a rather (vain) question.... will this dang
extra weight I gained ever come off?   (haven't had ANY luck - altho it
wasn't a problem before this).  Does this weight gain have anything to do
with the K (or was I just eating from a place of fear, and now, that I think
I have gotten over the fear, is just a habit?)?
     I thought a long time before writing all of this to post for all of you
to read.  But you seem to have much to say to each other's questions, and I
am hoping some of you can enlighten me on what the heck is going on.  I can
feel my life slowly coming back together, and I truly realize the importance
of staying in the moment (and do my best to stay there!).
     Thanks for listening.  You all are such a blessing.  You can reply
personally to TeeegeeeATNOSPAMaol.com or post.  Whatever.  I'm just facing one more
fear here...

tg

2 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: K experience- thanks Eileen

Dear Eileen,
-
>> "You don't have to piss and moan -
 You will never walk alone!"

 Which not only reassured me, but reminded me to lighten up!

I needed to hear these words so much today.  I have been ill this past week
with cold type symptoms, and very low emotionally.  I was feeling very alone
and uncared for until I read the words given to you that you shared with us.
 Just know, that if for no one else here, they did a great deal of good for
me.  I am no longer feeling alone and realize how silly and 'human' I was
being st having 'forgotten' all I really know to be there and knowing that I
am never by myself.  Thanks!

Light and Love,

Lori
P.S. I have loved the entire thread... it's wonderful (to say the very
least).

3 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996