1 Date: Tue, 28 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: Nocturnal Cyclic

Peter Norton wrote:
> Hi, for me, K manifests _mostly_ in sleep.  I never had a full K-A, but > had
> a kind of aborted K-A after a seven day meditation retreat, but since > then
> the only physical K symptoms I experience are in sleep, except for the >
low-level head vibrations that occasionally perk in daytime. > During sleep, I
will get the whole-body crawling > skin sensation and intense heart-chakra
emotions and sensations of light > in > my body and (very rarely) out-of-body >
experiences.  I remember them because they wake me up.  I suppose the > ones
that don't wake me up, I dont remember.  Nothing as intense as > jackhammers >
up the spine, though. > > I once had a dream where there was just black space
and > these pulses of light cycling in a 3 dimensional orbit with the same >
shape as > the brain-spinal cord! > > It is pretty infrequent, about once a
month.  And I havent noticed any > kind > of cyclic pattern to it.  My
meditation schedule is pretty erratic which > may explain that.  They seem to
be triggered more when I am meditating > regularly, or have just read some
spiritual writing that moved me. > > I read about a famous
meditation/biofeedback researcher (whose name I > forget) > in the book
'Through the Labyrinth' by Peter Ochiogrosso, and it was > interesting > that
he has established that the EEG of deep meditation is similar to > that of >
non-REM deep sleep.  So it is reasonable that our spiritual > consciousness >
would be active in sleep.  I have also read some Yogi maintain that we > ALL >
enter Cosmic Consciousness in deep non-dream sleep, and if we didn't, we >
would all go really crazy. > > One small experience of awakening I had came
during meditation when I > was really > sleepy and going in and out of the
dream state spontaneously, but kept > trying > to come back to awareness.
During one of the transitions as I came out > of the > dream state into
awareness, there was an electrical shock through my > whole body > and there
was a big AHA! without any 'I'!  It was like a brief flash, > though > it went
away, it charged my whole body up with energy for a day or so. > > Anyway, who
says sleep is 'wasted time'?  Not me! > > cheers, > Peter

Peter, HI,
The dream life is every bit as important as the day experience. I have
known that since childhood and because it has been so important in my
life experience I have dream journals going back to 1968. When I look
back in my dream journal it is amazing the things that I saw and knew at
such a young age. I was having visions very frequenctly back at this
period of my life. Since that time, the dream state and reality state
has connected so that I would literally dream through the next day and
know what was coming down as I do now.

This state of awareness is important since it is a factor in Christ
Consciousness, we must see, know, hear, feel, from the higher dimension
of reality, so that what manifests is in line with Divine Will. The
group of people here in Reno that has been together for many years are
also experiencing the connection and every now and then they will dream
through each others dreams. Tim from New York, who I have never met in
the body has joined us in this creative group work. And, our dreams and
experiences have come together as one. This is a great tool in the
awakening. Those who have the power to move beyond the restricted areas,
also have the power to change life in the restricted areas on Earth. How
very important this is! In the dream state we are using more of the
brain/soul awareness. When they begin to work in harmony miracles happen
just as a way of life. Gloria

2 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: Re: A Time To Believe

> > Jan...
> >
> > a favor please?!  forward to the list for me?  some how dont seem to be
> > getting this out...  ;-)
> >
> > thanks...
>
> With pleasure
>
> jan

3 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: eileenrcATNOSPAMix.netcom.com
Subject: Cyclic
-
Thank you to all who responded to my post re Kundalini events in a sleep
state, and a cyclic pattern. Many of us have experienced the nocturnal
energies - that looks to be common. But I didn't get a sense of a
clear common cyclic pattern, at least not among those who responded.
Most of you are familiar with the autobiographical writing of Gopi
Krishna. (It wasn't till I read this that I realized that what happened
to me years earlier was probably Kundalini.) Specifically, in his
writing, he indicates that the terrible trouble he experienced was due to
the energy rising in one channel only, rather than in a balanced way in
the three (central, yin and yang) channels of the spine.
When I read this, I realized with great wonder what my cycles meant. If
you recall, I had alternating experiences: one night of vivid events
followed by one night of unnatural blankness. To me, this now suggests
that the Kundalini was mainly active in first the Yang channel (male,
overt, active, conscious), and the next night in the Yin (female, hidden,
passive, unconscious). Back and forth it went, transforming me in a
balanced manner. What a gift! What grace! But at the time, I didn't have
a clue. Okay - an inner knowing, a deep faith, but no conscious
understanding. I just - well, I prepared to die.
When Kundalini rises spontaneously, without provocation, it is likely
because the person is ready, in which case all the pertinent elements are
in place, including a sublime Guidance, an inner directive which is both
cosmic and personal.  All we have to do is hang on, and don't fight it.
My wonder and gratitude are boundless, even 30 years later!
Eileen

4 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)
Subject: muscle bound

My physiological k symptoms thus far have been relatively mild, but the
past few days, in addition to the usual joint pain, I have had muscle
spasms in my neck, back and lower abdomen.  I've been taking the
magnesium as so many have recommended, but does anybody know WHY k
should affect the body in this way?  Is it like an energy overload in
the muscle system or something?  Just wondering (and tied up in a
knot).  Holly
-

5 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: rjills
Subject: vacation

Im leaving the list for a while.  If anyone wants to post me go ahead ,to my
personal address. If I say anything to offend anyone, Im sorry.  Love Royale

-

6 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: Tim Duna
Subject: Re: muscle bound

At 03:04 PM 11/9/96 -0800, you wrote:
>My physiological k symptoms thus far have been relatively mild, but the
>past few days, in addition to the usual joint pain, I have had muscle
>spasms in my neck, back and lower abdomen.  I've been taking the
>magnesium as so many have recommended, but does anybody know WHY k
>should affect the body in this way?  Is it like an energy overload in
>the muscle system or something?  Just wondering (and tied up in a
>knot).  Holly

Holly,

-        As a matter of fact, yes.  I experience this same fluttering of the
muscles also.  My kundalini book says that it is tied up energy releasing
into the muscles.  Tied up energy tends to put tension in certain areas of
the body, as certain chakras are related to different body parts.  When the
energy releases, the tension releases and the muscles will flutter.  Joint
pain can be helped by excercising, it is more or less a build-up of energy
in the area, and excercise tends to stir it up and release it.  Free form
dance is a great way of balancing and releasing built up energy like this,
it tends to get the energetic circulation going.  Long walks help a lot as
well, it is not only moving your body, but also stimulating your reflex
zones on your feet.

Tim

7 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: slcofksATNOSPAMfeist.com (Philip St. Romain)
Subject: Re/Re/Re-responding

Another follow-up on the exchange with Mistress Angelique, this one about
kundalini and religion--a hot topic on this list, it seems.

>rjills wrote:
>But why drag in extraneous identities?  It only
>> rankles some and is of no interest to others.

>Hi
->
>Perhpas because it was just those "extraneous others" who released the K
>in me?  I'll abide by your wish not to talk of it here, but "they" were
>not 'extraneous'.  It was not a purely 'human' phenomena nor expeience.
>
>Have a nice day.
>
>jan

I'm with you, Jan.  Furthermore, who says the deities of religion are
"merely extraneous."  The God I worship is both transcendent and immanent.

The idea of awakening and then trying to integrate kundalini outside of a
context of relationship with Higher Power seems terribly naive and fraught
with danger.  I cannot over-emphasize the risk of Ego-inflation to those
who follow such a path.  This has been my experience in working with the
Spiritual Emergence Network, and in my correspondence with hundreds of
people.

I wonder where the list is on this issue.  Is rjills right?  Are you mostly
rankled and/or disinterested in the relationship between kundalini and
religious spirituality?  If so, I'm outa-here.

Peace to all!  Phil

8 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: CGIAJWATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Hand Chakras?
-
Has anybody heard anything about chakras in the hands?

I've been doing self Reiki on my chakras with good results, but I know very
little how this energy links up with the chakras ect.  Am I gonna get
bleeding hands like Christ or anything?

Don't run with scissors
Aaron Williams

-

9 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: Re: Re/Re/Re-responding

Philip St. Romain wrote:

> I wonder where the list is on this issue.  Is rjills right?  Are you mostly
> rankled and/or disinterested in the relationship between kundalini and
> religious spirituality?  If so, I'm outa-here.
>
> Peace to all!  Phil

Hi all

We're all over the map and free to express it.  That's what makes us all
so special.  We go a step further:  we reserve the right to contradict
ourselves because we grow and change.  We recognize that we need to be
flexible to grow (read:  screw up ) and still know others will smile and
care.  We reserve the right to get upset, then reaffirm that we care;
like in any good relationship, we don't just walk, we try to learn from
differences.  It's like a marriage of many  (eeeek, this is starting to
sound soppy and incestuous and I don't mean it to,  but I do mean the
part about feeling free to change, to try to explore without being
afraid...  The right to be inconsistent, to try, to fall... Like new
children of the universe learning on a new footing.

Sound like a good idea?

Don't leave.  Either you or rjills (Royale). The list would be poorer the
loss of one, let alone both.

in peace

jan

10 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996
From: redormanATNOSPAMplix.com (Dorman, Robert )

Philip St. Romain wrote:

> Another follow-up on the exchange with Mistress Angelique, this one about
> kundalini and religion--a hot topic on this list, it seems.
>
> >rjills wrote:
> >But why drag in extraneous identities?  It only
> >> rankles some and is of no interest to others.
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Perhpas because it was just those "extraneous others" who released the K
> >in me?  I'll abide by your wish not to talk of it here, but "they" were
> >not 'extraneous'.  It was not a purely 'human' phenomena nor expeience.
> >
> >Have a nice day.
> >
> >jan
>
> I'm with you, Jan.  Furthermore, who says the deities of religion are
> "merely extraneous."  The God I worship is both transcendent and immanent.
>
> The idea of awakening and then trying to integrate kundalini outside of a
> context of relationship with Higher Power seems terribly naive and fraught
> with danger.  I cannot over-emphasize the risk of Ego-inflation to those
> who follow such a path.  This has been my experience in working with the
> Spiritual Emergence Network, and in my correspondence with hundreds of
> people.
>
> I wonder where the list is on this issue.  Is rjills right?  Are you mostly
> rankled and/or disinterested in the relationship between kundalini and
> religious spirituality?  If so, I'm outa-here.
>
> Peace to all!  Phil
I think religion discussions kept in the context of kundalini issues is
fine. Different religions provide viewing the kundalini from different
aspects and further our understanding of both K and the religion, but
where I draw the line is when someone says their religion is the only
correct one and proceeds to dictate that the rest of us are wrong for
seeing things differently.
--Bob

11 Date: Sat,  9 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
-
Laughing.. Of course not.. bleeding hands..
don't worry.. There are chakras all over your body.. The major ones
are the only ones you hear about.. and YES one of the minor, but
important Chakras are in the hands and feet. Reiki works with hand
Chakra energy..Your hands should and probably will heat up with doing
Reiki.
Some times your hands will feel cool to you, however whom ever your
working on will feel heat.. Reiki sends what is needed without you
having to do anything more than have the intent to heal and a Reiki
Empowerment symbol.
hugs,
Carolyn Maloney
Flute's Home Page  http://pages.prodigy.com/flute

-
12 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: mabATNOSPAMrio.com (Margaret A. Blaine)
Subject: meditation

  Paco is absolutely right about meditation.  It is pure gold.  Frankly, I
don't know how people live in this world without it.  I believe that my life
has been on a steadily upward track since I started to meditate.  I
encourage everyone to do it. I have done transcendental meditation for many
years.  It is yummy.
-                                Margaret

13 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: mabATNOSPAMrio.com (Margaret A. Blaine)
Subject: KRN

   Flarity -
-     My E-mail to you personally was returned twice.
     I paid $25.00 to join KRN.  they have a 30 page questionaire about the
K, which I have not seen yet.
     The Spiritual Emergency Network has a website.  Stanley and Christina
Groff  started it.  You might enjoy their books.  At this point they have
people willing to help people who are having trouble with spiritual
emergencies.
                       Hope this gets to you.
                                 Margaret

-

14 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996
From: "Arrydia"

I'm relatively new to the list, so, Hello Everybody out there!

Bob said:
> I think religion discussions kept in the context of kundalini issues is
> fine. Different religions provide viewing the kundalini from different
> aspects and further our understanding of both K and the religion, but
>where I draw the line is when someone says their religion is the only
> correct one and proceeds to dictate that the rest of us are wrong for
> seeing things differently.
> --Bob

There are some religions which assume omnipotence, whose followers
are not "allowed" to be tolerant of other forms of worship.  The doctrines
actually state that all other forms of worship are just not acceptable,
and those who follow these alternate forms must be mistaken, and
should be shown the so-called 'error of their ways'.  I personally
do not see the logic of this, for if there were no diversity the
universe would be sooooooooooo stale! :>  But being intolerant of different
views is simply a tenet of that particular faith.  Being a pagan myself,
this can be ...uh.... [finding a polite term]  distracting, but hey,
faith is faith!

I haven't been working with K for very long ,but it wasn't long before I
realized
- that the energies must be something more that just physical. I guess we
all
just have different names for it.  If the whole point of raising K is to
'go with the flow', then what gain is there in being so rigid on a topic so

personally diverse as spirituality?

15 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
Subject: K. and various spirituality.

>To: rjills
>From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
>

>>Jan Watson wrote:
>>>
>>> rjills wrote:
>>> But why drag in extraneous identities?  It only
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Perhpas because it was just those "extraneous others" who released the K
>>> in me?  I'll abide by your wish not to talk of it here, but "they" were
>>> not 'extraneous'.  It was not a purely 'human' phenomena nor expeience.
>>>
>>> Have a nice day.
>>>
>>> jan
>>>
>>> .-Jan. I know that K. is awakened in many , many different types of
backgrounds for
>>people.  However, because there is a coincidence doesnt mean there has to
be a causal
>>relationship.
>
>Royale, I salute your nerve in denying the importance of co-incidents, on
this list!
>Whew! Go, girl! State your truth.
>
>But I disagree with you. Of course, there are as many roads to Rome, as
there are people travelling. The really nice things about this list, is the
variety of experience.

>> It just doesnt matter what the circumstances were because there are so
>>many, perhaps as many as there are people.
>
>Well, of course they matter, to the people having the experience. That's
the point. All the people, having all the different manifestations of K.
Sharing thier experience.
>Learning from each other's experience. On a list. On the internet. It's
never been done. So we're doing it. Gotta do something, with all this energy.

>>And the things surrounding that awakening is not whats important, Its the
awakening and
>>what happens after that that counts.  Its the growth that takes place
after that. It
>>doesnt matter if we develop all kinds of powers to go into other planes
(magik), or any
>>paranormal activity. All of that is a side line to the main event. The
goal is complete
>>union with the one, or at least progress into that area.   As has been
said awakening
>>the k. is not so difficult--staying awake is.
>
> Yes, but while travelling I prefer to enjoy the scenery.  Good way to stay
awake, I find. In fact, try not staying awake and aware when you have a fair
of Faerie interested in your spiritual development. Ha! Good luck. Best,
make it easy for them to get your attention, before they decide to go to
lengths, ya know what I mean?
> And well, you do not consider channelling the spirit of the planet to be
progress into union with the one...well, what to say? We all have our own
ways of measuring accomplishment.
>  K., like rail travel, tends to keep it's own schedule. Might as well
enjoy the ride, take in the amusements along the way. Collect the badges.
Play a few rounds with the other folks on the train. Trade stories.
>And, as it happens, my awakening was nigh 7 years ago, so all this stuff
qualifies as 'after'.

>>To be sidetracked by phenomenom is very human.  It can be interesting and
fascinating.
>>But its not the goal. Anyone one the list can talk about anything they want.
>>I was just expressing an opinion, as you are. Royale
>>
>What I have always found to be most interesting and fascinating, is
watching how humans choose to use thier power. Will they use it to express
or repress? to free others, or to limit them?          Blessings, Angelique.
->
-[Clipped from Phil's re-re-response]

I'm with you, Jan.  Furthermore, who says the deities of religion are
"merely extraneous."  The God I worship is both transcendent and immanent.

The idea of awakening and then trying to integrate kundalini outside of a
context of relationship with Higher Power seems terribly naive and fraught
with danger.  I cannot over-emphasize the risk of Ego-inflation to those
who follow such a path.  This has been my experience in working with the
Spiritual Emergence Network, and in my correspondence with hundreds of
people.

I wonder where the list is on this issue.  Is rjills right?  Are you mostly
rankled and/or disinterested in the relationship between kundalini and
religious spirituality?  If so, I'm outa-here.

Peace to all!  Phil
-  The idea of K. awakening without spirituality is incomprehensible to me.
I'm riding the train, it's Goddess and Higher self, charting the course.
Free will is ego (stroking itself) to feel good.
   I think I dealt mine away before birth.
Always thought I charted my own course, with Goddess blessing, but at this
stage of K. I am acutely aware of how much higher self, etc. has been
pulling my strings, in my best interest, all along.
   How to surrender and go with the flow if there is no river?
Makes no sense. in any case, Goddess always seems to come up with better
bigger more interesting plans, than I might come up with anyway.
-  The idea of doing the K. on ego alone? Yikes! Trying to manage the
greatest force in the universe with the weakest. No thanks!
                         Blessings, Angelique.

		   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
		Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
            Website= http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
	*******************
"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
Feel your arms are openning out. And feel your eyes are lifted to God.
With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
come true.
I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"

16 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996
From: ori^
Subject: Kundalini and spiritual consciousness

Dear Philip and list-members,
I am responding to the following written by Philip:

>I wonder where the list is on this issue.  Is rjills right?  Are you mostly
>rankled and/or disinterested in the relationship between kundalini and
>religious spirituality?  If so, I'm outa-here.

Is it not the case with kundalini that the very nature of the rising
is the lifting of the consciousness from the material to the spiritual
plane?  And if so, then I wonder how one could be involved with
kundalini and yet not have some spiritual connection.

Personally I do see a difference between religion and spirituality,
so I am not quite sure what you meant Philip by *religious spirituality*
I feel that spirituality can manifest in many different ways, as can
the expansion of a consciousness touched by the rising of the kundalini
energy.

I do find it fascinating to hear and read about how various religious
or spiritual traditions have integrated, explained, etc. the presence
of kundalini.  I came to this path thinking that kundalini was some
mysterious process from the East, as opposed to a normal, ordinary
part of the path of consciousness.  What I find is that there is so
much to learn about it... so many varied ways its effects can manifest
themselves in individual lives... that I do not even feel competent
to say that I know what it is.

I do wonder if part of what Philip was saying about ego is that there
can be a danger if the ego begins to assume responsibility for what
I call the side-effects of the rising of kundalini energy-- some of
the siddhis, or psychic powers.  The ego has a real tendency to become
enamoured of these powers, and in essence the journey on the path to
spiritual consciousness can be sidetracked.

It seems that when one undergoes any type of experience which might
be labeled a transformational experience and which leads to an
alteration or a heightened sense of consciousness, that this might
then be attributed to the same energy known as kundalini.  And that
that expansion of consciousness generally leads one to a place other
than just physical reality.  Hence the connection to a spiritual
realm.

An interesting topic,
In light,
ori^

******
*              ori^                   *
*            oriATNOSPAMeskimo.com           *
* http://www.eskimo.com/~ori/ori.html *
******