1 Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)
Subject: Re: Affecting somebody else's Kundalini

Although transmission of k can happen from person to person, it feels
to me that one is then in a relationship to an intelligent energy, has
a responsibility to it, rather than (necessarily) to the person who
awakened the k.  A wise friend helped me enormously by saying that k is
ALWAYS THERE RUNNING, but I, the receiver am now being amped-up.  This
helps mitigate the danger of the individuals or the relationship
becoming grandiose.  What I am trying to say wouldn't, of course, apply
to being awakened by a perfectly realized master.  Some of us on the
list are in loving, sexual relationships with people who don't see the
universe the same way as we do but are supportive, nonetheless.  We may
see that we are awakening k in them, particularly sexually, but it is a
very delicate area to handle and for me requires all the love,
sensitivity and awareness I can muster.  A magnificent teaching in
itself.  Hope this makes sense to you.  Love,  Holly

2 Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996
From: Natha Bhaktyananda
Subject: Re: travel on!

Dear Natha,
-
I am alarmed that you take the name of kundalini to talk to anyone that way.
I find it especially alarming in view of the fact that this message talked
about love.

If you reread your letter you would notice that it is teeming with judgement.
In a loving way, I respectfully request that you speak from your own
experience and not condemn others who have an equal right to contribute
their exeperiences and observations.

The k manifests in many ways. What makes you think that you are really
qualified to judge another? How would you feel if someone judged you like
that? Do you really think you are being loving by writing letters like this?
Why are you so upset by someone talking about love? Must be a pretty chargy
subject for you.

Thanks for listening.

Peace...traveler
- ----------------------------
-

	Dear Traveler (?!),

Glad you mentioned the thing about love -- maybe we should make
ourselves clear on that point first. I don't know much about you, so I
will have to tell (with all due respect :-) some general things, since I
do not know how many true mystics (i.e. people who have reached the true
measure of love) you have personally known during your life. I have
known quite a few, some of them living isolated in the snowy Himalayas
or on Mount Athos, others from the dust of Indian villages and others
lecturing in metropoles, most of them revered as holy men or women, and
all of them agreed in witnessing that love has nothing to do with
flabiness, weakness, passivity, or mixed up tolerance.

If you will recall the example of our planet's love-archetype (and I
refer to Jesus, of course), you will remember that he was pretty much
what some would call "intolerant" nowadays: he called some people
vipers, wolves and sinners, he raised sternly against all sorts of
spiritual falsity, and many other such things, and so have done many
subsequent saints from the East and West along the centuries. This has
not prevented them from being much more filled with love (both human and
divine) than any of their neighbours, because they had the correct
understanding that to rise against someone's mistakes does *not* mean to
rise against the person itself but only against the evil contained in
the mistake.

I really hope that you are not going to serve me the bull with: "yea,
but you are no Jesus nor any saint", since according to this phoney
judgement nobody can *ever* copy any of the acts of love done by the
predecessors, since no one is perfect (at least in the beginning). On
the contrary, all the traditions repeatedly invite us *precisely* to
copy the divine acts of love done by the great spirits of our planet.
That is why, to criticise someone's mistake, without hating the person
at the same time, is IMHO an act of love. Especially when that mistake
can lead to insanity or to the misguiding of others...

As about the fact that kundalini manifests in various ways, that is not
an excuse for making phantasmagoric statements about it. It is exactly
as you would say: well, electricity manifests in so many ways, so what
do you have against one making his own laws of Kirchoff :-) Anyone can
set forth his own new laws about gravitation, but this does not make
them necessarily *true* from an objective standpoint.

I will conclude this message by noticing that you sometimes do not
content yourself to attack my mistakes (as you see them), but also seem
to have something against my person (like for me having a problem with
the chargy subject of love, etc.), which is quite the oposite of the
love principles exposed above (charge the error, not the person). Maybe
we should limit ourselves to the talk about kundalini?
-
With blessing,

N. Bhaktyananda (which, ironically, means in translation "bliss of love
(or devotion)"!)

--
Natha Bhaktyananda
K=F8bmagergade 28, 2., 1150 K