'kundalini-l-d Digest				Volume 96 : Issue 203

1 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: traveler
Subject: evolution and k

I am reading a wonderful book by Ken Wilbur called A Brief History of
Everything. It is a philosophical examination and construct of evolution.
-
He says, to paraphrase, "We--and all beings as such--are drenched in
meaning--afloat in a current of care and profoud value, ultimate
significance,  intrinsic awareness. We are part and parcel of this immense
intelligence, this Spirit-in-Action, this God-in-the-making. We don't have
to think of God as some mythic figure, outside of the display, running the
show. Nor must we picture it as some merely immanent Goddess, lost in the
forms of her own production.

Evoltion is both God and Goddess, transcendence and immanence. It is
immanent in the process itself, woven into the fabric of the cosmos; but it
everywhere transcends its own productions, and brings forth anew in every
moment....We are invited, I believe, to awaken as this process. The very
spirit in us in ivited to become self-conscious, or even as some would say,
superconsicous...

The sages are the growing top of the secret impulse of evolution. They are
the leading edge of the self-transcending drive that always goes beyohnd
what went before. They embody the very drive of the Kosmos toward expanding
consciousness. They are rideing the edge of a light beam racing toward a
rendezvous with God.....They are plugged into the all, and the Kosmos sings
through their voices and shines in their eyes.

And I think that they disclose the voice of tomorrow, they open us to the
heart of our ouw destiny, which is also right now in the timelessness of
this very moment, and in that startling recognition the voice of the sage
becomes your voice, the eyes of the sage become your eyes, you speak with
the tounges of angels and are alight with the fire of a realization that
never dawans nor ceases, you recognize your own true face in the mirror of
the Kosmos itself; your identity is indeed the All, and you are no longer
part of that stream, you are that stream, with the all unfolding nor around
you but in you....

Supernovas come into being within your heart, and the sun shines in your
awareness. Because you transcend all, you embrace all. There is no final
Whole here, only an endless process, and you are the opening or the clearing
of the pure Emptiness in which the entire process unfolds--ceaselessly,
miraculously, everlastingy, lightly..."

Etc. I think this book talks about the kundalini impulse towards evolution
as beautifully as any I've seen. To me--(just my opinion) evolution is about
both including all that has happened before (like all the sages, sacred
texts, etc. of thier time) and moving on, as each time, each era, has a new
profound view of the universe, because the universe itself is expanding.
What looked like an acorn yesterday and was addressed as such looks like a
budding oak tree today and is more accuratety discussed in those terms. Much
like Buddha saying a thousand Buddhas would come after him, weach having the
language of their times.

For those of us on the list who have been in a genuine intellectual inquiry
as to the nature of k and evoltuion I encourage this book.

Best, traveler

2 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: traveler
Subject: evolution and k- resent minus typos

I am reading a wonderful book by Ken Wilbur called A Brief History of
Everything. It is a philosophical examination and construct of evolution.

He says, to paraphrase, "We--and all beings as such--are drenched in
meaning--afloat in a current of care and profoud value, ultimate
significance,  intrinsic awareness. We are part and parcel of this immense
intelligence, this Spirit-in-Action, this God-in-the-making. We don't have
to think of God as some mythic figure, outside of the display, running the
show. Nor must we picture it as some merely immanent Goddess, lost in the
forms of her own production.

Evolution is both God and Goddess, transcendence and immanence. It is
immanent in the process itself, woven into the fabric of the Kosmos; but it
everywhere transcends its own productions, and brings forth anew in every
moment....We are invited, I believe, to awaken as this process. The very
spirit in us is invited to become self-conscious, or even as some would say,
superconsicous...
-
The sages are the growing tip of the secret impulse of evolution. They are
the leading edge of the self-transcending drive that always goes beyond
what went before. They embody the very drive of the Kosmos toward expanding
consciousness. They are riding the edge of a light beam racing toward a
rendezvous with God.....They are plugged into the all, and the Kosmos sings
through their voices and shines in their eyes.

And I think that they disclose the voice of tomorrow, they open us to the
heart of our own destiny, which is also right now in the timelessness of
this very moment, and in that startling recognition the voice of the sage
becomes your voice, the eyes of the sage become your eyes, you speak with
the tounges of angels and are alight with the fire of a realization that
never dawns nor ceases, you recognize your own true face in the mirror of
the Kosmos itself; your identity is indeed the All, and you are no longer
part of that stream, you are that stream, with the all unfolding not around
you but in you....

Supernovas come into being within your heart, and the sun shines in your
awareness. Because you transcend all, you embrace all. There is no final
Whole here, only an endless process, and you are the opening or the clearing
of the pure Emptiness in which the entire process unfolds--ceaselessly,
miraculously, everlastingy, lightly..."

Etc. I think this book talks about the kundalini impulse towards evolution
as beautifully as any I've seen. To me-(just my opinion)- evolution is about
both including all that has happened before (like all the sages, sacred
texts, etc. of thier time) and moving on, as each time, each era, has a new
profound view of the universe, because the universe itself is expanding.
What looked like an acorn yesterday and was addressed as such looks like a
budding oak tree today and is more accurately discussed in those terms. Much
like Buddha saying a thousand Buddhas would come after him, each having the
language of their times.

I recommend this book to those of us on the list with a genuine intellectual
inquiry
as to the nature of k and evoltuion.

-
Best, traveler

3 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: redormanATNOSPAMplix.com (Dorman, Robert )
Subject: Re: [[[[[Energy -- Weekend

>hugged her once more and put all of my mental effort into passing her
>strength. She suddenly pushed me away forcefully crying and said, "I
>can't take any more." She seemed to be OK, but I am worried. I don't
>know what I am doing and was only reacting instinctively and with love.
>Is it possible to cause damage or harm in this way?

I've had the same experience with Reiki. Don't worry.  I like my back
scratched, too, but if it starts to hurt, I just say enough.  She's just
telling you, enough (for now). After practice, your inner voice will let
you know when to stop.  She can only process so much energy at
one time, after which it becomes uncomfortable.
-
> Also, when I find
>myself spontaneously meditating undirectedly, I try to channel
>'positive' energy from myself to her. Is that a good thing, can that be
>of help to someone? There isn't much else I can think of to do - I told
>her that is my way of 'praying' for her. DAN-RF

Be careful about sending energy to other people. (1) You must have
their permission to do this, either verbally or from their spirit; (2) you
may be depleting your own energy, depending upon the method you
use; (3) by opening a psychic link to the other person-as a result of
your healing energy transmission-you leave yourself vulnerable to
various forms of psychic attack or intrusion, and may take on some
of the "garbage" from the person you are linked to.  Protective
measures must be taken first before any such transferrance.

One safe method is, first, put up your psychic shield; second, in your
mind, ask the spirit of the other person for permission; third, use Reiki
distance healing (part of Reiki II). This will not deplete your own energy.
You may need to seek out reference books to learn how to do some
of these things.

---
--Bob
A truly wise man will not be carried away by any of the eight winds:
prosperity, decline, disgrace, honor, praise, censure, suffering and
pleasure.  He is neither elated by prosperity nor grieved by decline.
                          ---Nichiren Daishonin

-

4 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[Chakras -- Weekend

Another weekend thing, sorry-) Thanks for letting the nut vent!

>From the moment I walked into my sister-in-law's condo on my trip to
Wisconsin this weekend, the middle, ring, and little finger of my left
hand lost circulation and went as cold as ice. I told her this and let
her feel my three fingers (she was shocked at how cold they were to the
touch). I passed on info that was told to me: that this represents
blockages in the 3rd (middle finger), 4th (little finger), and 6th
(ring finger) chakras and being on the left represented past/hidden
events. She got very quiet, looked down and wispered, "I know I have
many things to work on in that area." I got no 'sight' with this event
and was unable to provide any other elucidation. As soon as I told her,
my circulation returned. Anyone have any comments? Was my experience
limited because that was all that I was supposed to say? Is there some
way of finding out more about this finger/chakra thing - sometimes it
involves my feet as well (I ain't heard an explanation of that one!)

Love and LAUGHING LIGHT
DAN-RF (Really Freezing) digits that is-)

5 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[Surging -- Weekend

Sick of them yet?-) I ain't done. There is a delete button you know
and I am flagging my verborrhea so it should be easy to do.

After the experience "Energy" with my mom, we went back to our hotel. I
was humming/buzzing severely. Karen patiently listened in the dark to
me yelping like a dog getting stung by bees for almost an hour. She has
gotten used to the thrashing and yells and just waits them out. My read
is that this intense bout of surging k was reaming my chakras as a
result of an unprecedented xfer of love between my mom and myself
(there have been some problems in the past and they are well over now).
Besides the excruciatingly pleasurable rushes of energy (this ain't
Sahaja by a LONG shot) and the Xmas tree light-up effect at all the
centers, the concentration was without a doubt in the sixth chakra - so
intense that my eyes were watering profusely from the overflow (no not
tears, just a physical manifestation of the internal electrical storm).
Anyone got a 'read' on that - am I right? Is there more to understand
about it? Thanks, DAN-RF (Romping&Flowing) K-energy that is-)

-

6 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: Flames and the active heart chakra

FlarityjATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

> I have just read "Energies of Transformation" by Bonnie Greenwell.  She does
> an excellent job recapping all the current methods to incorporate an active
> Kundalini.  Several yogis in this book (and Depak Chopra, who is not
> mentioned) give an extraordinary  power to the open heart chakra which most
> other schools do not describe.
>
> The active heart chakra has the capacity to take any energy (even negative)
> and transform it into more usable forms.  The energy delivered to you by an
> attacker at their great personal effort is actually a gift to the person with
> an open heart chakra.  I believe I am doing this now, but just could not
> articulate it as well as Bonnie did in the book.
>
> Another benefit of concentrating on opening and empowering the heart chakra:
> it has the capacity to move energy amoung the other chakras according to
> their need.  For this reason, the aforementioned yogis have termed it the
> 'King' of the chakras.  It will activate the internal kundalini forces in a
> controlled fashion that avoids the trauma that most of the famous yogis
> endured.  This is important if you have others depending on you for support.
>
> The heart chakra can do this because its tremedous capacity for love and
> compassion will not allow anyone (including yourself) to be injured.
>  Although these yogis are in the minority,  I believe their way is valid and
> appropriate for my circumstances and that is where I will be.
>
> I recommend to others who are feeling sensitivity from attacks--look closely
> at the state of your heart.
>
> Love,
>
> Joe

HI Joe,
I agree with what you wrote here. The heart chakra is indeed the
clearing house and until one is working from this inner santuary, he or
she will be in constant conflict with the lower energies. This
realization of the power of the heart is what every person on the list
needs to come to recognize. It will eliminate the conversation of about
60% of what comes across so that real higher frequencies can come
through. It will come in time. My homepage is
http://www.inetworld.com/lodpress/

Check this out and then we can talk more. Gloria
-

7 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)

Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:

Dan,
	You love your mom and you are doing what comes naturally. Just ask that
God's Will be done for her so that you don't interfere in anyway at all.
Whenever your focus is on doing God's Will you create a protective
screen between you and the person you are reaching out to. As long as it
is Divine Will the energy will pass, and if it is not it won't. Sending
your mom love and putting her on your prayer altar is always a great
blessing for anyone. People who are on the other side especially need
this, so don't take someone off of your prayer intentions because they
have passed on. In fact, remember then with love often. Gloria
-

8 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: [[[[[Affection -- Weekend

Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:

-

> Earler in the day, my mother told me that she knew that she was
> burdensome to dad because of her weakened condition - she demands that
> he not leave her alone for more than a few hours at a time. She said
> that she was sure he still loved her, but regretted that he was unable
> to be more verbally demonstrative of it (all women have said that at
> some time about the men in their lives and yet, who is it that trains
> them 'don't cry', 'be a man', etc.). That evening, when my father had
> returned, he asked me if I wanted anything to drink as we sat around
> the dining room table, and suggested a soda since he knew that I don't
> drink alcohol. Something made me say, what else do you have that is
> stronger. He suggested a few things and I said, "blackberry brandy
> sounds good." He poured one for me and one for himself. The
> conversation continued and I refilled our glasses several times. Then
> my dad changed the talk to how I had met my wife. Seemed odd, but I
> went with it and then he started talking about how he met mom. Then he
> told us about how, on the 10-mile country drive home, after his last
> date with mom the night before their wedding he was so happy that he
> blew the car horn all the way home! My mom's eyes just got bigger and
> bigger as he related this story and filled with tears. He had NEVER in
> 55 years of marriage told her this - and she had her answer; yes, he
> loved her, always had, and always will. Strange how things turn out
> perfectly - happily and sadly, too.

How truly beautiful Dan that you were able to follow the lead of spirit
and allow this converstaion to take place. This is how the magic of deep
sharing comes through. And, it is how we serve each other. Your parents
used you to receive and transmit through, isn't it a wonderful vibration
to be a part of something that uncontrived. God Bless Gloria
-

9 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[TwilightZone -- Weekend

Yup, nuther one!!

The 'Storm of Synchronicities', Celestine Prophecy, etc. Odd things do
seem to happen. This weekend we were to drive from Milwaukee to
Dorchester, Wisconsin and arrive shortly after lunch. We used to live
in the area years ago and have made this trip a gazillion times. We
were NOT supposed to make it this time until later in the day. We took
our usual route to Madison and turned North on 151 instead of to 51. We
did not notice our mistake until we were WAY out of our way. We just
shrugged and decided to stop at the McDonald's ahead, get out the map
and plot the most direct route back to where we were going, we were
North of Beaver Dam (were I was born and never visited). The McDonalds
was in a agricultural area as evidenced by the people eating inside,
but the employees were MOST atypical, they were all young as is common,
but all of them had piercings, one had a dirty rope permanently braided
around his neck, really a spacey-looking bunch for a farming-community
McDonalds. There was a weird little miniature golf place with a pioneer
building theme in front and across the road was a Bob & Kays
Restaurant. We finished our sodas, and got back on the road, a half an
hour later, we arrived at 51, turned North and gunned it to make up for
lost time.

On the way back, we left at 5:30 A.M. and headed South on 51, Karen was
dozing. After a couple of hours, she woke up and asked me to stop at
the next turn off so we could get something to eat (diabetic
snacktime). I pulled off on the next exit ramp and the hair stood up on
the back of my neck - I didn't say anything. Karen saw it too and said
incredulously, "This is the SAME McDonalds!" I asked her what she meant
and she went on that this was the same McDonalds we had stopped at on
Highway 151 the other day and it should be a half an hours drive away.
Everything was there, the mini-golf course, the Bob & Kays Restaurant,
AND although there was the morning crew, sitting in the first booth
were the same pierced/spacey/neck-rope kids that had served us the
other day. OK, I said, lets go over this step-by-step and figure out
where our memory is steering us wrong. We recounted detail by detail
everything that had happened. Even the fact that the road we turn off
on to get to the 1st McDonalds was a two-lane road (151) and this was a
4-lane divided highway (51). A most unusual illusion - we can't find
the missing piece of logic - with all of the details as we BOTH
remember them, we stopped at this SAME McDonalds at two SEPARATE
locations - at least the Pauli Exclusion Principle still holds true!

However, of this I AM convinced; our being misdirected was an important
event that was an essential part of everything that occurred this
weekend. An interesting aside is that while the spirits of the Twilight
Zone were leading us on a merry chase they were also giving us a tour
of Wisconsin that we had never had in years of living there. We were
taken past the building in Ripon where the Republican Party was
founded, we were shown some of the best remaining fall-leaf displays in
the area, and through a tiny town that had huge sandstone formations
all over with gorgeous waterfalls cascading over them.
Love and LAUGHING LIGHT (though puzzled sometimes-)
DAN-RF (RouteFreaky) where 51 and 151 coincide-)
-

10 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[Mirror -- Weekend

You got it - another one!

My sister-in-law contrived a phone call from her new boyfriend and
handed me the phone. Seems she wanted me to hear his voice and get some
mystical vibrations about him and tell her that they were going to live
happily ever after. I admit to being somewhat irritated, but I can
understand wanting to know something about that in which you have
doubts.

I don't ask for, but sometimes get these things. The second I heard his
polite, warm, good-humored voice I got the 'willies'. I saw his soul as
a shattered mirror that had been put together with "happy face"
bandaids. I saw it reflecting what people looking into it wanted to
see; what he wanted them to see and the bandaids reflecting the 'happy'
'repair' that he professed to have made. I also saw the vibrating edges
of broken mirror wearing into the bandaids that could at anytime cut
through exposing their sharp edges to slash anyone in their way and
worse the pent-up damage behind it. I had the feeling that if their
relationship were ended by her, he would be capable of great physical
violence. I couldn't bring myself to tell her this and when she had
asked me for the second time if I 'got' anything about him, I just
said, "That is for you to answer, does he satisfy your soul as well as
your body and heart?" How can one take responsibility for saying
something like what I saw and the consequences that would ensue if it
affected the relationship negatively and without cause - that isn't
just. I have related negative things like this in the past and have
been soundly whumped for it - I may whine, why me? but, can you see the
moral dilemma? What is the solution? This DOES NOT come with an off
switch. Plus I get whammied by the circulation problem if I hold it
inside - sometimes this sucks!!!

-
11 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[Abuse --Weekend

Ok, you tell me; is this a weekend from the Twilight Zone or what? I am
not even posting the mindboggling REALLY personal stuff - YEOW!!!

Back to the sister-in-law (she asked for it and BOY did it come in
spades). We were at a restaurant for lunch and she was relating how she
was working through some things from her past and I got really loud and
started saying, YOU ARE WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG. I kept saying this
without knowing exactly why and for some reason, the sister-in-law just
kept blithering without paying any attention to me. I just kept
repeating YOU ARE WRONG and she just kept talking until Karen grabbed
her by the wrist and demanded that she pay attention. She stopped and I
went on, you think you have had a recollection of trauma from your
childhood, you are wrong. When you were a child, you indeed had
traumas. But, you had a child's mind, a child's perception, a child's
sensibilities, and a child's memory. You are looking at this memory
with an adult mind, an adult's perception, an adult's sensibilities,
and an adult's conception of memory. You cannot do that; it will always
lead you to the wrong conclusion. A child 'believes' from evidence in
Santa Claus, a child 'remember' the tooth fairy - you would not make
the mistake of recalling these things from childhood and accepting them
as fact; do not do so with your 'repressed' memories.

She looked shocked - I felt that I had indeed shaken a belief that she
had clung to adamantly. But, even though I could not see the trauma
(Karen said she thought it might be about abuse) I was just as
adamantly firm in my belief that she had made a wrong judgment about
it. For some reason, I had no self-doubt about this event and feel no
remorse about having 'spilled the beans' concerning it. What would make
my attitude different about this particular 'impression?' She, BTW,
said she intended to look these things over again and VERY carefully.

12 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: [[[[[Insight -- Weekend

This is the Last One - I promise. For a while. Or until I can think of
another one-).

I was sitting with Karen just munching something and being spacey
(yeah, that is the psychiatric term - check the DSM-IV). A young fellow
walked by me, lanky, long-legged and it suddenly dawned on me that I
was seeing people differently. Just by looking (not thinking or
analyzing) at this young man walk by I could 'see' a congenital hip
misalignment, I looked at a woman sitting at a table. Her shoulder was
almost imperceptibly rolled forward - it wasn't a back problem, I could
'see' it was a lung problem. I touched my mother's face and knew that
the diagnosis of TMJ was wrong she was inflamed from a tooth extraction
- that TMJ shouldn't exhibit rubor OR calor. These may or may not be
correct, but the insight is this, to be a great healer, you must be
intuitive. That k-awakening heightens the senses and perceptions and
also activates a part of the brain that operates on a level that we
call intuitive and depend not on reasoning, but on instinct - does this
come from an evolutionary time when such a capability made the
difference between getting or becoming lunch? Since I think it is well
demonstrated that 'healing touch' is a genuine (though perhaps not
adequately explained) phenomenon that can be done by anyone, how much
more effective would that be if one had the advantage of instinctively
'seeing' in someones body where a problem lies and directing the
'touch' to that part?

13 Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996
From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com
Subject: [[[[[Reiki -- Weekend

Dan,
   i enjoyed your post that included reiki.  The only mention that i
would make is that reiki is much more than just theraputic touch.  i
have expereinced both, and am a reiki practitioner myself.  This does
not make me biased, i would like to study theraputic touch too.  I good
point that you mentioned was that reiki is being exploited for money.  i
do charge for treatments, and i will charge for attunements when i
teach, however, many do charge way too much than they should.  i would
advise you and her to just pray and ask for guidance in respect to her
training under a specific teacher or becoming allied with a specific
group.  please feel free to write if you want more information.

john
reikiATNOSPAMhhs.net