'kundalini-l-d Digest				Volume 96 : Issue 190

1 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: An Ethical Kundalini question from a new list member

At 08:46 PM 10/12/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I do not look into people. Haven't since before my K started rising.  I feel
>I already know too much without even looking. I am accused of not looking
>people in the eye.  Well, it is a bit much.  Once I know someone quite well
>I make more eye contact.  Still not as much as others (non-K types)
>probably.  Haven't thought about this very much really, other than to
>observe it.  Your post was somewhat helpful to me.  I think I tust my own
>familiar behavior even more now.

I have looked on occasion. its a matter of ethics and morals, pretty much
the same as other stuff. its what society sets, and theres always karma, if
its a known close friend, this usually happens subconciously, you think
about them, and then POP, there you are looking in. so with permission, its
acceptable.

interesting you should mention looking people in the eyes, i avoid it like
the plague. the eyes are the windows to the soul. i think i mentioned
previously, i'm an empath, and touch is painful unless i'm prepared, so the
looking in the eyes is extremely uncomfortable, the empathy is like full
tilt then. and you get everything about them, or whatever. yep. i avoid it,
unless i prepare myself first, or good close friends, or special situations.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

2 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: davelong
Subject: Personal Tests

LIShamanATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

> I will not tolerate the hateful attacks you made in your posting dated 10/07.
> As a gay man I am deeply offended by your self-righteous perverted
> implication that religion-based homophobia is somehow 'kind'.

Hello, John.

A note to say 'hello'.

You had ascribed to yourself a label, showing your self-identity, but of
course who you *are* is much more than the label you gave yourself.
You are no less than a creation of God, loved by Him just as much as
anyone else. Unfortunately, you seem to have been given a personal test
here on earth, which God wants for you to resist in your life.
There aren't many such people who suffer from many such tests.

Look at the person who is prone to violence. It is just really hard for
him to control himself. He has a really short fuse, and any little thing
sets him off. His hormones start pumping and he starts throwing fists
around. It's just 'natural,' from the standpoint of his body's chemical
makeup. Does that excuse his behavior? No. It just means that he has to
work harder than the rest of us, to control that fault, that failing,
that behavior his animal-body want him to do.

Look at the schoolyard bully. It seems perfectly natural for strong kids to
want to scare and dominate their classmates, if they can get away with it. It's
just something their bodies wants to do. You see it all the time. Does that
make it okay? No.

Being "gay" (certainly an Orwellian term) is nothing more than the
suffering of an evil desire. There is nothing morally wrong with being
afflicted with an evil desire, so long as the temptation isn't given
into.
The fact is, there is no such thing as an 'irresistible temptation.'
God never allows the devil to tempt us more than we can resist the
temptation. We can always resist any temptation that comes along.

How do these "tests" come to us? Maybe through genetics. Maybe that's
how they arrive. But that in no way justifies or excuses the behaviors.

Finally, the other Orwellian term you used needs further definition:
Homophobia: Men smearing each other with excrement, and anyone who says
that is wrong is charged with 'homophobia.' Nature Herself abhors the
open-sewer-pit of the homosexual's bedroom.

> There is no doubt in my mind that if Jesus was alive today, he would be
> marching with us in gay pride parades.  He befriended the lepers, the
> prostitutes, and confronted the hypocrisy of the religious and political
> powers of his day, who ultimately murdered him for his activism.

"Go and sin no more."
Sin shouldn't be flaunted, paraded, or even preached.

Peace be with you,
David

3 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: maxmatusATNOSPAMmbox.vol.it
Subject: Re: No compromise with Kundalini, please!
-
i'm new to the list so i wanted to say HI to everyone!

>But whichever be the situation of these people, there is no way in which
>one should accept any compromise-teaching about Kundalini -- it is
>far too dangerous! So if the tradition speaks about *complete*
>continence (brahmacharya) as a requisite for the successful ascension of
>Kundalini, *let us not improvise naively*, and pretend that maybe that
>is not so important... It is like fooling around with the basic rules
>concerning electricity -- it can turn pretty unhealthy :-)
>And one does not need to be a "divine Yogi" to control one's sexual
>potential, neither an "advanced practitioner". It takes about two weeks
>(at the most) for a woman, and three to six months for a stubborn man --
>the figures are taken from direct Western experience.

It sounds so easy here, but i think the problem is to go through the
"three-six months". Any suggestions?
Of course when you practice continence you feel recharged, but seems that
there is, after a period of three-four weeks, that it's difficoult to pass,
where everything seem flat. Also the meditation doesn't bring you far, you
don't feel the joy of the warm current ascending. Is it normal?

Thanks
Massimo
from Capri "The island of love :-("

"Tyranny of human insanity" E.Levi

-
4 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: "Your friend at:"
Subject: An Introduction

Hi!

	I would like to introduce myself.  I was born 12/17/57 in New
Orleans, Louisiana and still live near New Orleans.   I currently do
volunteer work with the New Orleans freenet and am developing a global
community service organization.  You can check our website at
(http://www.gnofn.org/~oxoasis).  Thank you for your patience and if I can
be of any assistance please let me know.

	I have taken Diksa with an international Bhakti-yoga society and
am a student of the Bhagavad-gita.  To me Kundalini is a part of
Astanga-yoga.   The end result is perfect transcendental bliss or samadhi.
Some practical advice is given for yoga aspirants in the Bhagavad-gita.  I
hope I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Christopher

**********************
"The person who is not disturbed by happiness and distress and is steady
               in both is certainly eligible for liberation."
                        Bhagavad gita as it is 2.15

**********************

5 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: LIShamanATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: My response to Dave Long

>> There is no doubt in my mind that if Jesus was alive today, he would be
>> marching with us in gay pride parades.  He befriended the lepers, the
>> prostitutes, and confronted the hypocrisy of the religious and political
>> powers of his day, who ultimately murdered him for his activism.
>
>"Go and sin no more."
>Sin shouldn't be flaunted, paraded, or even preached.

Dave -

Are you calling Jesus a sinner?  I find it very funny that Jesus demonstrated
to mankind what a truly spiritual life was, and that contemporary "Christians"
have become the very antithesis of what he preached and lived!  How do your
reconcile that in your own personal life?

My homosexuality has, in fact, become my greatest spiritual gift.  It has
helped me to question what, in fact, is moral and immoral in this culture.
 It has guided me deeper and deeper into a process of self-acceptance that
has been very difficult but very rewarding at the same time.  It has also
been a means of individuation and self-acceptance that is required for mature
spiritual growth.

>God never allows the devil to tempt us more than we can resist the
>temptation. We can always resist any temptation that comes along.

Jesus also taught that God was a loving father, not an examination proctor!
 As a father of 2 daughters, my greatest gift to them is loving support for
who they are, and who they want to be for themselves.  This is what love is.
 It is not my job to help them resist
"temptation" or conform to my own "values".  That isn't love, it is selfish
control.

-
Sincerely,

John

6 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: joyce bays
Subject: Kundalini is a gift
-
 Hi everyone,

I have been sitting back and reading all of your post, and adjusting to
my newly awaken gift of "K" .

I consider my self lucky that I have been in contact with my spirit
guide for nearly 20 years, as he has been a great help to me with this
process. Also I have a good friend, even though he lives a few hundred
miles away, that has been sending me energies that have me balance.
-
for the pas tcouple of weeks I have been meditating on this process, and
I would like to share with you, the many things I am discovering.

I like to call the unpleasent part, side effects, and the good part as
the gift.
After reading so much about the side effects and also experiencing so
many of them, I kept wondering why my guide permited this to happen to
me he has always been there to help and guide me away from harmfull
experiences, so now why would he forsake me this way? This was my bigest
question.
After much meditation it came to me if I had know what it involved I
never whould try to experience it. So, because I did, there had to be a
reason.

When I asked my guide to help me handel this his response  was" Be still
and know I am You" Letting me know he is my higher self. He led me to
find a quite space within my mind where he balanced my chakras. this
along with the energies from my friend have helped  alleviate the side
effects, I'm still haveing them but not as bad as before. He has also
led me to feel this is a gift and must be handled wisely, and not
something to play with.

 "K" when handel properly assist the soul to a higher vibration in a
faster manner then normal meditations can, helping you to reach a higher
plateau. "K" can also help you to quickly cleanse and activate your
Chakras. The first one I was able to activate was my heart Chakra, this
alone has made the discomfort worth it. I have never had a better
feeling then this, nothing can compare to the elation.

Love and light
Joyce

7 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: BlueSky876ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: eye contact

Dan
When I meet someone whom I immediately know I want to get to know better, I
will touch their arm and look into their eyes and I sense their feelings of
saddness. Tears always come to my eyes and I must look away to control the
overwhelming feeling I am sensing. Sometimes I leave the area to release the
emotion. Why do I always pick up the feelings of saddness? Seems the touch
and the eye contact is extremely intense. My natural tendency is to touch, to
let others know safety, secruity, etc.
My profession is in the healing arts, I touch many people, I always feel
sadness. Should I stop looking into peoples eyes? NO, that is against my
belief system. Please do not think of me as a depressed person. Total
opposite. I am a fun loving people loving person who happens to pick up on
other peoples sadness.
I just have to learn to control the outward emotion. I have even picked up
saddness when I touched certain children. Karmic?
Will continue w/ eye contact even though I feel the intense feelings. The
person needs to release even though they are unawares what is happening. I
know I am at a level of handling the saddness of that person.
Thanks for listening..........Peace.........Kathleen

-
8 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: BlueSky876ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re:hateful attacks

We are not here to hurt others.  We need to accept others for their beliefs.
Give love and understanding to others, love unselfishly and keep your heart
pure.
Do not bring harm to those around you, with thought words or physical means.
Accept people for their choices. We are all interconnected to one another,
try not to pull the fiber apart. You are entitled to your opinion, however
being hurtful w/ the opinion makes matters worse.
Sending peace and love.......Kathleen

9 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: redormanATNOSPAMplix.com (Dorman, Robert )
Subject: Re: Personal Tests

Dave,
The self-righteous, homophobic comments that you presented to the
k-list aren't even worth the time for me to respond.  I repeat them
to you so that you may re-read them and contemplate just what
you have said.  Of what value are they?  What good can come from
them? What is your real intent in expressing them?  There tone, to me,
speaks more from the "dark side" than from a place of one seeking
enlightenment.  If one is truly more advanced than another on the Path,
I believe he would offer a helping hand and encouragement to the one
struggling along behind him/her, and not hurl slanderous condemnation
upon him/her.

>You had ascribed to yourself a label, showing your self-identity, but of
>course who you *are* is much more than the label you gave yourself.
>You are no less than a creation of God, loved by Him just as much as
>anyone else. Unfortunately, you seem to have been given a personal test
>here on earth, which God wants for you to resist in your life.
>There aren't many such people who suffer from many such tests.
>
>Look at the person who is prone to violence. It is just really hard for
>him to control himself. He has a really short fuse, and any little thing
>sets him off. His hormones start pumping and he starts throwing fists
>around. It's just 'natural,' from the standpoint of his body's chemical
>makeup. Does that excuse his behavior? No. It just means that he has to
>work harder than the rest of us, to control that fault, that failing,
>that
>behavior his animal-body want him to do.
>
>Look at the schoolyard bully. It seems perfectly natural for strong kids
>to want to scare and dominate their classmates, if they can get away
>with
>it. It's just something their bodies wants to do. You see it all the
>time.
>Does that make it okay? No.
>
>Being "gay" (certainly an Orwellian term) is nothing more than the
>suffering of an evil desire. There is nothing morally wrong with being
>afflicted with an evil desire, so long as the temptation isn't given
>into.
>The fact is, there is no such thing as an 'irresistible temptation.'
>God never allows the devil to tempt us more than we can resist the
>temptation. We can always resist any temptation that comes along.
>
>How do these "tests" come to us? Maybe through genetics. Maybe that's
>how they arrive. But that in no way justifies or excuses the behaviors.
>
>Finally, the other Orwellian term you used needs further definition:
>Homophobia: Men smearing each other with excrement, and anyone who says
>that is wrong is charged with 'homophobia.' Nature Herself abhors the
>open-sewer-pit of the homosexual's bedroom.
->
>> There is no doubt in my mind that if Jesus was alive today, he would be
>> marching with us in gay pride parades.  He befriended the lepers, the
>> prostitutes, and confronted the hypocrisy of the religious and political
>> powers of his day, who ultimately murdered him for his activism.
>
>"Go and sin no more."
>Sin shouldn't be flaunted, paraded, or even preached.
>
>Peace be with you,
>David

10 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: Mary Knapp

At 10:14 AM 10/13/96 -0400, BlueSky876ATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

>I just have to learn to control the outward emotion. I have even picked up
>saddness when I touched certain children. Karmic?

There is a song that goes "Kids are people too!"  Most are born crying.
Having left a (possibly) quite peaceful non-physical state for this
need-bound dependent life as a child I would think sadness would be a
given...no karma required. You know what I mean?
-		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

11 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96