1 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: traveler

At 12:11 PM 10/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Patti -
->
>I agree with your policy of making this list a place of community, and being
>open to
>ALL expressions, from ecstatic to revengeful.  I believe that this is what
>loving community is all about.
>
>Personally, I tend to avoid anger (my own, and others) at all costs.  The
>postings of
>the past few weeks have given me a chance to explore and work this process a
>little,
>i.e. "What is my response to this?  What is being set off in me?  Is an
>active or
>passive response appropriate from me at this time?" etc.
>
>It has been very helpful and fascinating to me to be part of this list, and
>work with other conscious souls in this way!
>
>With love,
>John

John you sound just like me. I hate anger, I am an empath, too much! And the
k makes me a triple empath. This list has been amazing for me, what I have
had to confront! I am not used to having people attacking me constantly for
things I have said, intending only peace. When I get attacked, or people say
incorrect things about me or what I said, then, what do I do? (I certainly
know my childhood pattern: I left my body). Now, that's un-empowering, isn't it?

It has been an amazing blessing. I have learned so much about myself. At
what point do I  not run away, and stand up for myself? At what point do I
let something go? Cave in?
-
I tend to think of this as a woman's issue so I was glad to hear this coming
from a guy.

Thanks for sharing. Would love to know what you are resolving as a result-
especially if it relates to k.

-
2 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: A Day without K

>I've had two in a row and I'm wondering.  Is it a gift?  Have I done
>something right? Something wrong?  Should I just relax and enjoy the freedom
>from extreme symptoms, or be concerned that the K has left?  Do you all have
>total days without any K?  Please advise.
>                Mary,
>        The Reluctant Earthling

i have had more than a few days without K but then it always comes back.

i think the longest stretch i've ever gone is when i was pregnant. nothing
happened for almost my whole pregnancy and then about three months after my
son was born (about hte time it take to pretty much recover from birth) it
came back. i was concerned that it had left me forever, but i think once
you have it, it doesn't ever leave.

maybe you just need a break before something big happens.

blessed be

lia

3 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: traveler

>I delete a lot of messages off of this list immediately because the
>content a lot of time is totally not of interest to me. There have been
>many sharing type posts by some of the women  on the
>list and quite frankly I think that it is great that some of you
>communicate and open up to each other so well, but if a post is not
>speaking to me I discard it just like I would a wrong number on the phone.
>I am too busy to take every post that I find a disagreement with
>and reply otherwise I would never get work done, and realize that some
>subjects are just not for me.

Dear Al, and all others who say, "Just use the delete key":

Thank you for your perspective. I love it. My hand is near the delete key,
every time I read. However, my psychic abilities are not as evolved as I
hope them to be one day, so I usually wind up reading part of any post.
Therefore I feel that it would be of utmost thoughtfulness to deliver
opinions gently and kindly, in the event that a reader's eyes are faster
than the delete finger.

Respectfully,

Traveler

4 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: Royale Jills
Subject: MT--Haakonu

Gee Haakon, I really dislike being ignored. Hey, I can take it, if you
dont want me on your list just say so. Royale :-}

5 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com

Traveler, How can you say you never said "any such thing?"  I'm baffled!
 This quote was/is directly off of YOUR letter to the list; please reread - I
stand by my earlier comments that were made in love and peace.  I went by the
exact quote, EXACTLY what it said, not what I THOUGHT you wanted to say.  I'm
sorry for the misunderstanding, though.  Being people from different
backgrounds and different life experiences, I guess it is easy to see how
these misunderstandings occur, as sometimes we feel like we are speaking
different languages!  What you wrote and what I read must have been two
different things!  Oh well...such is life.  More below:

>>I also think that any  "offender" (and who knows, it could even be me, one
>>day,  even if it might be unintentional) who apologizes should be accepted
>>at his or her word, and welcomed back with open arms.
>
>As to the "offender" comment, we had already received an apology. This was
>my way of stating a rule I use in my personal life: whenever someone
>apologizes, I accept it. That forwards the motion of peace.

The paragraph above was not in the original, by the way.  Maybe that's why it
was unclear to me. (?)  Patti, what is it that we are supposed to learn from
this?  That will be interesting! :-)  Heart to heart (FOR REAL!), Barb
 ATNOSPAM--}}--}}--

>Really, I have been misquoted quite a bit. I would appreciate it if people
>would read what others are saying and respond appropriately. Responding to
>something *other* than what was said is part of how these problems get
>started!

-

6 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: traveler

Dear Barbara,

I am not sure that I need to explain myself, as if I were somehow guilty. My
comment stands on its own, without need of defense. Simply, I believe that
apologies should be accepted at face value:

>>I also think that any  "offender" (and who knows, it could even be me, one
>>day,  even if it might be unintentional) who apologizes should be accepted
>>at his or her word, and welcomed back with open arms.

You ask why I did not say,
>As to the "offender" comment, we had already received an apology. This was
>my way of stating a rule I use in my personal life: whenever someone
>apologizes, I accept it. That forwards the motion of peace.
-
It is a fact that the apology had already been posted to the list, which is
why I didn't repost it. I am not sure I need to overanalyze this or defend
this futher. You are the one who seemed to gp "up in arms" at the thought
that I might be requiring conditions of another person.

If you were really confused, why put it out to the whole list? Or were you
trying to make a point about my behavior, which you somehow felt was not to
your standards? I see you have avoided answering my question about your
standards about conditional and unconditional love. I think that would be a
much more interesting subject to the list.

If your intentions in writing me were loving and peaceful, then you may wish
to look at what you are doing to create otherwise. Nonetheless, I
acknowledge your stated goal of peace and am happy to comply. Namaste.

Now that you posted this in public, I feel obligated to respond publicly. If
you would like to continue a dialog in private, that is fine with me--my
preference, really. I would much prefer to put my attention on some of the
other wonderful things going on on this list, that have a loving intention.
-
For example, the Vietnamese K posts. I have been thinking all day about how
generous the poster was to write down what he did. I feel he (or she) was
really sharing from the heart, and deserves a thank you! Better yet, I'd
like to try the suggestion.

Best, traveler

-
7 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Interested in finding out more info. I have read alot of books on the subject
I have been meditating for ~20 years and have had many wonderful
experiences that are too numerous to go into. I think I have felt the rise of
this energy, however my experience was heartwarming and not painful as some of
the readers have talked about.
-

8 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: ouch!

Hi

I have sat here for about a week now, erasing page after page looking
for words to heal the sources of anger that appear on these posts.
Some of it appears to be from painful experiences of youth that have
not yet been overcome.  Some from a sense of righteousness, some from
frustration and powerlessness, and so on, each for his/her own reason.

I can't find those words.

And so I ask you.  Please, before you write, consider the effect of
your words on the fragile, on those hurting, on those who are
struggling for mastery over their anger that seems to spill over from
where they do not know.

Yes, we have freedom, but freedom also  brings responsibility with it,
and yes, we are our brothers' keepers.   Be slow to judge.  Be slow to
anger.   The world is but a mirror to who we are inside.

Please allow me to share with you my two rules that I have for living.
They may help.

1.  Do / say  nothing that decreases the Life Force in another.
-
2.  Make all decisions at the highest possible level you are capable of
    (ie spiritual knowledge, intuitive, intellectual, social,
    emotional, survival...)  and live with the fallout at the lower
    levels.  (Higher can reorganize lower, but lower, because it has
    less energy, can not reorganize the higher to follow it and
    hence we remain in conflict with ourselves.)

In gentleness,  there is sometimes peace.

jan

9 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: a piece of fluff - one better!

Alvin Perhacs wrote: I find the same thing and it is quite unique, and
you can train the subconsious to do this all the time.
Dan Rusch-Fischer Wrote: It never occurred to me to try to control it -
just thought it happened like the wind blows. Will try, but my doubt
may get in the way of it operating.
Alvin Wrote: It's always the doubt that holds us back from our full
potential. Check out an excellent website that covers some of these
type of ideas, a friend of mine Guy Savelli has a great page on KUNTAO
(a martial art) which goes into this type of thing in great detail.
(http://www.worldkungfu.com).
OK Alvin, I tried it today. Consciously made a 'wish' for good parking.
I am spooked! We had to travel to Modesto for a court hearing for our
son and EVERY place we consciously 'wished' for a good parking spot, we
not only got a good spot, we got the FIRST spot closest to the door in
every instance. All except one, as we left the courthouse, we were
distracted from our experiment and headed for McDonalds discussing the
events. When we were turning into the parking lot it occurred to us
that we had not notified the k-attendant of our wish for a good parking
spot. Guess what! We not only didn't get a good spot, we had to park in
a public lot nearby as all the spots were taken! The rest of the day we
did and got the first spot - including the one at the door of the Great
Mall food court at supper time! Go figure.   :')  Dan R-F

10 Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: K, blood pressure and passing out question
-
Dear list members,
I have a question about a recent occurance with my physical health and do not
know if it is causedby/ related to Kundalini?  Any help would be great!  Here
is what happened- briefly...
On Monday morning, I got up and all was well after about two hours of working
on a paper for school.  I took a bath and then I went to the kitchen to get
my dilantin (forgot my morning dose).  As I was leaving the kitchen I became
dizzy and passed out.  My mom heard me hit the floor and ran in.  She helped
me up and I was disorientated for about a half an hour.  She insited on
taking me to the Dr. My blood pressure was very low, 70 over something.

We still have no answers, I have been ok since.  Was it stress?  Kundalini?
 If so, it is a new one for me. I have had K increase my energy and blood
pressure, but I do not know about decreasing it.  Any one have any thoughts?

Email me privately if you wish.  Thank you all very much in advance!

In light and love,
Lori
-

11 Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996
From: davelong
Subject: The Unimportance of Kundalini

** The Unimportance of Kundalini **

When you contemplate the people, you realize that
most of humanity will have no use for any discussions
on such an esoteric topic as kundalini. It is beyond
the pale of what most people go through in their lives.

Sri Krishna has said in the Bhagavad Gita:
"Out of 1,000 people, perhaps one seeks Me.
 Out of 1,000 people who seek Me, perhaps one finds Me."

Even for those who find themselves in the throes of
an active kundalini, I wonder about the direction
and efficacy such discussions should take. I mean, what
does one talk about? Should focus be given to the
strange and wonderful experiences? Why should they be
aired at all, since they are only traps along the way?
Would it constitute an encouragement to dally in such
traps to even discuss them? Pitfalls are to be avoided,
not dallied in. And there are pitfalls all over. That's
the nature of the path. If it were so easy, heaven
would be full of angels, and the earth would be devoid
of life.
-
Pitfalls say: "Look here. This is most interesting!
This is great! Dally here for a while; rest a bit
and go no further. Isn't this most amazing? Look
what you can do!" So you receive a pitance of a power,
on the way to receiving the Power of God, and you stop
in your tracks, to relish in the little power. But
that's the way it's built. If you choose to be
interested in the little power, of course you miss out
on the Big Power, since you are not ready for it. God
would never give one the power to, say, bring down
airliners, if they couldn't also love even greater.
The path is one of coming closer to God, who is All-
Powerful and All-Loving.

Now, what is the nature of the devil and demons in
kundalini? I have heard people say that drugs should
not be indulged in, since demons love to inhabit the
bodies of those who are drugged. They say that demons
sit high atop the buildings of Haight Street, and wait
to swoop down on those they see 'high' walking by, to
inhabit their bodies. While this may be true, that in
itself is not any reason to be against drugs, since
demons also seek out those with an active kundalini.
They are the primary agents in conducting people into
the many pitfalls along the path. They do so because
of their jealousy of humans who are getting close to
God.

One who wishes to make progress on the path soon
discovers the nature of the attacks, the suggestions,
the fears, the confusions, and the pitances. Kundalini
is first and foremost a BATTLEFIELD for the soul, and
the warfare can be great. In fact, kundalini mirrors
the general spiritual battlefield going on everywhere,
a battle for human hearts and souls. A human soul lost
to the devil becomes his loot, his booty. Demons have a
supreme hatred of the human soul, since it was created
to be close to God, and human souls in heaven far
surpass even angels in their bliss. A soul lost to
the devil becomes a loss for God.

Show me a person who goes to Mass on Sundays, or to
the Mosque on Fridays, or to the Synagogue on Saturdays,
who lives a decent, kind life, who does the will of God,
and who never heard of the word 'kundalini', and I will
show you one of 4 billion people who are storing up the
one thing needed in life: grace, which will lead to an
eternity of bliss.

For those too self-absorbed, Sri Krishna went on to say:
"No one who seeks Me ever comes to an evil end."

12 Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996
From: redormanATNOSPAMplix.com (Dorman, Robert )
Subject: Re: ouch!

>2.  Make all decisions at the highest possible level you are capable of
>    (ie spiritual knowledge, intuitive, intellectual, social,
>    emotional, survival...)  and live with the fallout at the lower
>    levels.  (Higher can reorganize lower, but lower, because it has
>    less energy, can not reorganize the higher to follow it and
>    hence we remain in conflict with ourselves.)

Dear Jan,
These sound like nice words, but I am not sure I understand them.
It sounds like you are saying not to sweat the small stuff in the
second part, but the first part about making decisions on the
highest possible level sounds very theoretical to me; how does
one do that, consciously?

13 Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: white flags

The reason I post some responses to the list is because of a feeling I get
before I send it off - there's somebody else out there who might benefit from
reading this.  Some people get a lot out of seeing a conflict come to
resolution, and how it was done - points they can decide whether or not
applies in their situation.  So if some or all of my posts have nothing to do
with "you" (meaning anyone on the list), I apologize, but I also ask you to
remember that there are  somewhere between 100-140 or so others on the list.
 And if only one or two others benefit, it is worth the time it takes the
rest of us to use the delete key IMHO.  I will continue to post to the list
instead of privately when my feeling dictates that I do so, no matter how
many flames I get.

Patti, TRUCE, TRUCE, TRUCE!!  I have already stated that we are both reading
into each others' words stuff that was never intended, also apologized for
the misunderstanding.  I have no wish to continue a dialogue based on my view
is right vs. your view is right.  We BOTH are.  I acknowledge that and am
waving as many white flags as I can possibly hold!  (My "standards" for
loving unconditionally?  I have none.)

Still in love with the paradoxes of life,
-
Barb  ATNOSPAM--}}--}}--

14 Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996
From: Jari Vanha-Eskola
Subject: Getting Started With Kundalini

Since everybody else has ignored this message, I'll try to answer for my
part, even though I'm mostly in the same boat with Brent. This is,
however, the reason I joined the list, so I'd like to see more posts
about K experiences and what to do with it, than about who said what to
whom and why.

> From: "Brent Blalock"
> For example, one of the books told me to sit cross-legged for five minutes
> and concentrate only on my breathing.  It was almost unbearable - the
> boredom and the discomfort.

Well, I've really only read one book about Kundalini, but based on my
experience with its excercises, I'd say 5 minutes is just the
beginning...  Breath concentration, I think, is just a preparation for
what's to follow: meditation on each chakra, bringing the energy up.
Controlled breathing is a tool to bring this about.

So my suggestion to you would be to find a better book that gives you
instructions on how to do chakra awakening.

My "meditation" sessions usually last at least 30 minutes. I start with
just one minute of breath-concentration and then move on to other breath
and chakra excercises (mental, not physical, though some yoga postures
have proven quite interesting indeed).

> Now and again, I'll feel really inspired by some book I read

This is how I found my book: it called me to it (in Nepal, no less!). I
had no intentions of buying anything from that bookstore, but this book
just caught my eye in the midst of many others... at first I fought the
urge to buy, but I couldn't get to book out of my mind so after a few
days I just had to return to the store and buy it (I had actually
forgotten where the store was and spent an hour looking for it!).

> What did you people do to get started in the very beginning?

I am in the very beginning. I'm doing chakra activation meditations
according to a book titled "Kundalini Awakening: A Gentle Guide to
Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth".

> Did you notice any progress that occurred right away?
-
Well, yes.  I started slowly, at first doing only concentration on
breathing and then adding Root Chakra meditations.  After about a week
of excercises I got physical symptoms in the middle of the night
(spasms, uneasiness; I even posted here to get help for them), as well
as some more pleasurable changes with regard to sexuality (stronger
orgasms, more sexual desire).  I continued along the path pointed out by
the book and now do the whole chakra system during meditation.  This
seems to have balanced the physical symptoms a bit; they are not
uncontrollable any more nor uneasy.  I usually meditate before going to
bed and nowadays I get the symptoms about 15 minutes after going to bed.
I just let them come and enjoy them and they pass pretty soon.

But the main thing to me is that it feels good and right to do what I'm
doing.  I can feel the energy flows as a tingling sensation on various
parts of my body (around the spine) and I can bring it about by
concentrating.  I have no idea where this trip will lead me, and I have
no set goal for it either; I'm just doing what feels to be the right
thing!

-					Jari
--
Jari Vanha-Eskola         !  Internet:  Jari.Vanha-EskolaATNOSPAMhelsinki.fi
University of Helsinki	  !  WWW: 	http://www.helsinki.fi/~vanhaesk/