1 Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996
From: davelong
Subject: Definition of Humanity

Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:

> This world is imbued with a richness that many would deny.
> I feel it would be a mistake for me to deny the capability of a
> deity that could create the universe to also create sex for a
> wealth of purposes and ends; all of them sacred.

Hello, Dan.

Sacred purposes and ends, huh? Let's see what's so sacred about
bestiality: Getting to feel the 'interconnectedness' of all
species? How about pedophilia: 'Intergenerational sharing'?
And necrophilia: Breaking the boundaries of the human potential
movementless, no doubt. Hell can seem an eternity, or a hundred
miserable lifetimes.

> To create it with a built-in diversity that would assure the
> survival and enrichment of mankind. If you don't believe in that
> philosophy about sex, how about in other areas. Sickle-cell anemia
> is the bane of the black race of Africa, yes? Granted that a number
> of those afflicted will die of the anemia, but a percentage will
> carry the gene unexpressed and will survive. Guess what? Those
> survivors are immune to malaria!!! This AWFUL diversity is really
> part of the richness of mankind. So is IMHO recreational sex,
> alternate sexual orientations, etc.

Well, your cosmology presents an interesting thought. Since more
than 300,000 homosexual men in the US alone have already been killed
through the self-inflicted disease of AIDS, should we just shrug our
shoulders and declare that the diversity of behaviors is more sacred
than human life itself? Perhaps the AIDS virus is meant to rule supreme
throughout the universe, or at least in Gaia. Can anyone declare
that AIDS "is really a part of the richness of mankind"? I think not.

A more realistic cosmology is one which views human life as more than
a mere game, where each and every person has equal worth and value,
and that their ONLY worth and value comes from the fact that God
loves them. If those 300,000 men had listened to the KINDNESS of
religious morality, they would all be alive now, instead of dead.
A few of them might even now be having kundalini experiences.

Just as sex/marriage has a divine purpose, creating new life, so
does kundalini have a divine purpose, creating New Life. And anyone who
thinks either can be used or abused for any purpose other than what it
is intended for will have a most rude awakening.

2 Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996
From: NannuATNOSPAMsanctum.com
Subject: Nannu, ...the ongoing saga     page#2

I was raised catholic, ...ate it, slept it, lived it.  One day at the age of
fourteen, I walked my ^girlfriend^ to her catholic church. I had never been
there before and as we entered the front doors, we were stopped by a
priest with a ^beg bowl^ as I referred to it, and wouldnąt let us in until we
put a donation in. I went totally bonkers, and told him that this god of his
was no less than Hitler himself. The girl I was with turned white, put her
money in the bowl and went in. As I walked away from the church I was
shaking in my boots, waiting for god to strike me dead. I shook for a week
after that, waiting for my punishment, yet defiantly getting stronger and
stronger in my belief that this god was nothing more than a dictator in
disguise.  I turned my back on the church completely, but for the longest
time I kept looking over my shoulder, ...waiting...

By the time I  started Kundalini,  I had, for the most part, gotten over my
fear of this sword wielding, fire breathing, vengeful god,...or so I thought.
Little did I realize the breadth and depth of the hold Christianity had on
me, and only after years of working with Kundalini did I begin to realize
just how deep into me it^s sinister tentacles reached.

By the age of nineteen, although I was studying every culture and religion
I could find, my main focus was now on Kundalini. Back then the
literature was sparse to say the least, and much of it was in Sanskrit, a
language I knew nothing of.  But I always was able to find people to help
me decipher the Sanskrit text, and as time went on I became so familiar
with much of the terminology, that, to a good extent, I was able to,
decipher it myself. I was now meditating on a daily basis, or I should say,
trying to meditate. I still did not grasp what meditation was, never mind
the how of it. For years to come I would grapple with this meditation
thing, for I could not find any definition of what it really was, how to
achieve this supposed state of ^no thought^,  nor did I understand this
^surrender^ thing that everyone spoke of.  Surrender what?,...and how? It
was totally frustrating because everyone was talking it, but no one was
explaining it.  Frequently I would shout at the top of my lungs,  ^OK, you
sons-a-bitches, I surrender!, ...Now what!?^  It made me feel better, but it
didn^t help the situation any.  I was missing something, and I would pour
back over the books and hunt down more books, hoping someone would
explain this ^process^.  It would be many years before I would begin to
understand...
__________
What were these  ^sinister tentacles^  that reached so deep into Nannu?
Will he ever learn to meditate?  Was it knowledge that got Nannu
into...^the loony bin^?          ...more to come...

--

 \|\|\|\|\|\|      CHILDREN of the UNIVERSE,  ...Nannu     |\|\|\|\|\|\

-
3 Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996
From: "Johannes B. Tuemmers"
Subject: Re: Bio Feedback (long)

Johannes B. Tuemmers wrote:

> (http://biofeedb.ac.at/ibf/ge/news/n_pce.htm)

Excuse me please, I just looked up their www-page again and found the
above given URL to be wrong. Please try this one for the text I quoted
in my previous post.

http://www.biofeedb.ac.at/ibf/us/books/power.htm

There you find some graphics for the seven "Power exercises", too (I
wonder where they got that from - somebody knows?).
--
Johannes B. Tuemmers

jb.tuemmersATNOSPAMuni-koeln.de
http://www.uni-koeln.de/phil-fak/indologie/jtjt2.htm