1 Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: Shri Mataji & Sahaja Yoga

You wrote: Thanks to Dan, Nichiren and Paco for sharing a bit more
Thanks Maurizio,

I appreciate the detailed information. I, indeed, intend to seek more.
Today I was finally contacted by one of the local people from the
Sahaja group. Unfortunately, she is leaving tonight and won't be back
for a week. Oh, well patience is a good thing to learn. In our brief
discussion she expressed puzzlement at the description of surging,
powerful, blissful experiences with my spontaneous awakening - seems
outside her experience which was more Sahaja-typical as quiet and
controlled; will look forward to learning more of that aspect as I and
others understand the addicting power of raging-bliss and how it can
entrance and prevent development beyond it.

I sense in your post the same frustration that I got from Shri Mataji's
lecture. That is frustration/regret/resignation to the fact that the
state that you have cannot be expressed with such perfection that it
will make all seek it too. I mentioned that I also sensed the
quiet-dynamo that was this woman. She is IMHO as genuine, honest, and
forthright as any human you would ever want to know. Yet her words and
energy were not enough to convince all - some in the front row got up
and left during the talk (an abominably rude thing to do IMO). Her
frustration is probably heightened in that she has devoted her special
attention to America and it is the American mentality that is most
geared to skepticism and facile rejection. It is that attitude in me
that looks askance at the Indian trappings, Indian songs, Indian
dancing. They are so reminiscent of the 'Rolls-Royce-riding-guru-thing'
that I think it actually makes it harder for me, as well as others, to
see through it to the important aspect. I am, however, seeking that
which is of help to me in this due to your and others encouragement,
thanks for that.
-
Love & LAUGHING LIGHT,
DANananda
(Buddha's short cousin-the one, over whose head the teachings went-)

2 Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996
From: Paco
Subject: Re: Sexual etc.
-
Nannu,

	Mainly, my problem with what Natha said  was that he
basically equated celibacy and Tantric sex practices. Like,
just be celibate, and/or learn to do these techniques (ie: it is
a must).

	In my experience, people read books about Yoga and
immediately attempt the most advanced things. Seems like
everybody skips to the chapter in the Tantra book
titled "Sex and Tantra", then starts doing
some related exercise. Gee, wonder why. Or else, if they buy
one Tantra book, it's called "Tantric Sex". Tantra has many,
many other aspects, as I'm sure you know.

	Some people think they are sort of manually opening
their highest centers, when in reality they are kind of dry and stagnant
could really profit from some genuine mental development and
interaction. True?

Sexual Tantra is highly advanced. Natha was talking about
climaxing and reabsorbing the semen etc. Let me ask you
this: How many practitioners out there can suck a glass of
water through the tip of their penis, wash their bladders
with it, then urinate it back out? Can you? As I'm sure you
know, this is an elementary form of Vajroli, which leads to
the ability to reabsorb the semen during intercourse.

-	Some of the techniques Natha described can present pitfalls
even for highly advanced Yogis in India. If you're just stepping
on your cum shot and biting the bullet, thinking you're increasing
your energy level, well I don't know what to tell you.

	I'm just saying that, although moderation is good,
celibacy is usually excessive. Sex can be a sweet part
of people's lives and dreams, and helps people evolve if they
open their hearts to it, and to other people.
later,
-	---Paco

"Welcome to the camp, I guess you all know why you're here.
My name is Tommy, and I became aware this year. If you
want to follow me, you've got to play pinball. And put on
your eyeshades, put in your earplugs, you know where to put
the cork."  [ from Tommy by The Who ]

-
3 Date: Thu, 03 Oct 96