1 Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: A Hallmark Moment - Revisited

Hi Amy,
You wrote:BILL (AND I) GOT A BIG KICK OUT OF YOUR
BIRTHDAY CARD TO HIM...  DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO
A SPECIALTY SHOP TO FIND IT?
I am sending a copy of this to the Kundalini List, as they know how
that card was picked out, thought they would like your response to it.
The answer, Amy is, "No we didn't go to a specialty shop to get it." I
went with Karen to the local Safeway store, picked out a card for your
mother for her by just reaching out to the rack and picking up the one
that was 'highlighted' without opening it. When Karen read it and saw
that it was 'perfect and read just like it was specially written for
your mother and the occasion', she said, can you do that again, I need
a belated birthday card for Bill. I turned around, bent down and pulled
that card out of the second row from the bottom without reading it!
Pretty neat, huh? Be sure to tell Rob about this - should tickle his
fancy.
Love
DAN & KAREN

-
2 Date: Wed, 02 Oct 96
From: u35500054
Subject: Chakra opening

Hey Dan ! I know your feeling, and my opinion about your problem
is,meditate  on your head chakras. because It is much more dangerous
to keep the energi in the head . If you not letting it out you prevent the
k rising, and the rising gets slower and be much more pain ful.
Kundalini is not dangerous if you get rid of the fear. Get rid of the fear
and go for it.Kundalini is powerful and of course some times violent but not
dangerous.

Meditate every day, if you feel it worse don't stop ,if you stop you can
get caught in that feeling.
  With Love Ia !

3 Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996
From: "Maurizio Zollo"
Subject: Shri Mataji & Sahaja Yoga

Thanks to Dan, Nichiren and Paco for sharing a bit more of their recent
experiences with Shri Mataji's lecture, meditating with or without
Her photo, feeling the "cool breeze" from the Sahasrara and from the
palms etc.

A couple of points for clarification.
1. Shri Mataji is not and does not wish to be anyone's guru.  This
guru business is just another way for people to exploit seekers of
Truth in their quest for spiritual evolution.  She is just a Mother,
a grandmother and a beloved wife who has dedicated Her life to
elevating the human race to higher levels of spiritual awareness.
Her major gift to humanity has been the opening of the sahasrara
chakra at the universal level, a historical event which happened on
May 5th 1970.  Before that, the only way to open the sahasrara was to
go through a complete clensing of the subtle system so that kundalini
could spontaneously rise (see Lord Buddha under the Bodhi tree).
After that, people can achieve the opening of the Sahasrara, the Yoga
(the union with the Divine) with just their own pure desire (i.e.
desire for spiritual ascent).  The energy, once properly awakened and
settled in the 7th chakra, will spontaneously take care of the
clensing of the subtle system.  The only thing that the seeker needs
to do is meditate regularly with the kundalini risen above Sahasrara.
 Essentially, it is the inverse process with respect to the
"classical" path of cleansing first and enlightenement later.  The
important thing to remember is that once you have achieved this
Self-realization through Kundalini awakening, you become your own
guru.  You don't need anyone to tell you what to do, because your own
system is enlightened, including the gross level (central nervous
systems, etc.).  One of the exercises that Shri Mataji used to ask
before giving Self-realization (now is not necessary anymore) is to
put one's right hand on the upper part of the abdomen on the left
side and say "I AM MY OWN GURU" with strong conviction.

2.  The second point is that it is perfectly fine to meditate without
Shri Mataji's picture.  Actually you should experiment with this and
see for yourself if you feel any difference with or without the
picture.  Shri Mataji, or her picture or videos, just acts like a
catalyst for your kundalini to rise through the proper, dharmic,
process.  As we have seen, this works pretty well.  The next step,
though, is to learn how to control the awakened energy.  The problem
with you folks who received their Self-realization "with the
Internet" is that you haven't been shown how to raise your kundalini
and settle it in the Sahasrara.  My best advice on this is to call
one of the centers listed on the Sahaja Yoga web page and attend a
few of their weekly meetings.  It is embarassingly simple
("childlike" as Dan said).  Your left hand rises from the lower
abdomen (sacrum bone level) up to the Sahasrara, while the right hand
circles around it like a dynamo (clockwise, if viewed from the
right).  Once you arrive to the Sahasrara, you tie up some sort of a
knot in the air to stabilize it.  You repeat this 3 times (once for
each nadi) and at the end you tie 3 knots.  There are other simple
techniques to protect your chakras, once spiritually awakened (as you
can attract negativity as much as you emanate love), to balance the
right and left side, to diagnose and clean your own and anybody
else's chakras, and so on.

Let me close by saying that I am not particularly attached to any of
these methods.  I do not feel like, nor wish to "sell" anything to
anyone of you.  I just thought to share, out of my love and
compassion for you seekers, what I have found and what the entire
world is learning about.  Even if in the US, Sahaja Yoga is not even
on the map of the "new age industry" (thanks to all those "gurus" in
Rolls Royce), everywhere else in the world it is spreading like wild
fire.  It was introduced in Russia by Gorbachev and the Ministry of
Health in 1989 and now counts over 100,000 practicing yogis all over
the CIS.  Li Peng in China personally requested Shri Mataji to
introduce Sahaja Yoga by tying it to the Chinese spiritual traditions
(they are essentially the same thing).  One of the highest ranking
Ayatollahs in Iran has recognized Shri Mataji as the highest living
Saint in the world.  Everywhere She goes (with the exception of the
US) She is welcomed at the airport by government officials or by the
local authorities.  And here I stop, otherwise it becomes boring
(assuming it is not already so).

You are obviously welcome to do whatever you feel like with this. You
can press the delete button and move on to the next book or the next
mistical experience with your guru of the day (there is one for
everyone, but no one for everyone, right ?).  As an alternative,
though, you might consider stopping for a moment and give some credit
to something which is completely non self-interested and which has
been recognized by the world over (by the way, you wanna bet that She
will be the 1996 Nobel Peace Prize winner ?  Check the new on October
11).

Meditate, people, meditate.....

-
Maurizio Zollo