1 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: Tolerance of Others

>you hit the nail on the head. its NOT a stage. nope, sorry. I am just
>beginning to see how much of what Dr. Kason says is such an UNDERSTATEMENT,
>especially in that book.

what? its not going to end?

>what have I learned? you CAN control it, to some extent, but you have to be
>VERY aware of it. of course, this comes naturally as time goes on. but you
>WILL get tendancies to break peoples faces because of certain unethical acts
>(I did!). no its not fun.
>
>is it a phase? perhaps after the ego dies, this fades away, I dont know yet,
>i'm not at that point. the only person i can think of on this list who is,
>is Barb. so... relax, go with the flow, dont fight it, and be aware.
>Dan.
>There are always possibilities...

i seem to be over it for now. perhaps its an ebb and flow thing. some days
fine, some days go out and ream all those stupid people down. we'll see

lia

-

2 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: Increased Righteousness

>Has anyone else noticed that as a result of K your streak of righteousness
>has increased.  Mine has, and I don't like it.
>

>Any thoughts?  Experiences to report?  Anybody think it's just a stage we go
>through?
>
>                Mary,
>        The Reluctant Earthling

i certainly hope its just a stage we go through. both me and a very good
friend of mine have both been experiencing this alot lately. it got to the
point where we were so mad at each other talking on the phone and i didn't
want to see her anymore, but then we went out for luch and worked
everything out. we had no idea why we were so mad at each other and figured
out that our tolerence levels were way down.

in the restaurant there were men leering at us and both of us wanted to go
up and physically hurt them (as well as the man talking very loudly on his
cell phone). this is not like us at all.

things seem to have calmed down a bit though. i'm hoping it won't act up
again because i was hell to live with, i'm sure, those 2 months.

lia

3 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: Words

>Be carefull, don't know why, but this word  barectoo  scares me...Don't
>know why, I see men dressed all in black with shiney ribbons , maybe
>chanting this...This message has been very hard to write, I have had to
>retype almost every word..Rondi

hi Rondi

this sounds alot like some of the experiences i've had as well as what i
read in Whitley Strieber's book "Breakthrough". Now it all may sound a bit
farfetched, but i saw many of his experiences with "visitors" and what they
were/are doing to him and others as very kundalini related (work on the
spine, buzzing in the head or in the left side of the body etc etc)
-
you may want to pick up the book.

hope this helps

Lia

4 Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996
From: Paco

The thing about righteousness is really interesting...
I mean theres alot of different angles to it...for instance,
sometimes I might just say something in an offhand, nonchalant
way, and yet if it seems to criticize someone, they may perceive
me as self-righteous.( like that time I told the Pope to go to
hell ). Seriously, though, that happens, doesn't it? Also, how
about this, sometimes you feel like you have to respond to
something you see around you, because if you don't you feel
like you're pussing out. Know what I mean? So sometimes it
involves being centered or something, not feeling like you
have to control everything around you. I mean people
are different, we live in a world of almost limitless
contradictions and contrasts...vegans eat at restaurants
that are built right next to "Giant House of BBQ Pork"

So maybe this is about coming to terms with the fact
that you don't have absolute control over everything
happening in the world.

You know, maybe if you meditate then you feel so
wonderful, then you don't want to be upset or
see anything you don't like...that feeling may
make you less tolerant, you're trying to hold on
to something sweet...but I bet you, you go through that
feeling even if you're coming out of meditation in
Antartica or something, because it's like a switch
from bliss to reality. And reality is a learning
process (I hope). It helps me to make other people
happy, and also to be real with myself.

Also, I think it's basic to just like
people, because most people are very nice, even
if some are different or ignorant or whatever.

                ---Paco

-
5 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 01:10 AM 9/21/96 -0600, you wrote:
>what? its not going to end?

well not so far as I can tell. kundalini is a lifelong process so i really
dont know about this aspect. from what I can tell the awareness helps you to
control it, as you've stated in some messages yourself. but beyond that, I
wonder if there are any people on here who are past that stage, aparantly
not, at least, not yet.

>i seem to be over it for now. perhaps its an ebb and flow thing. some days
>fine, some days go out and ream all those stupid people down. we'll see

thats the way its seemed to me. i had the same thing you did. a "friend"
wanted to "kill" me for something i had done, it was a misunderstanding.
then a week later, they did something inexcusable, and I felt that way. i've
also felt really intolerant too, like the least i could do was get a rocket
laucher and put some people out of their misery. oh how i'd have loved a
cruise missle then  anyone else get so intolerant they wanna
blow away the planet? :)
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

6 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: davelong
Subject: No Pluralistic Morality

** No Pluralistic Morality **
=============================
People DO have a right to say: "We have formed a community of
believers. If anyone wants acceptance into our community, then they
must follow our customs and usages of religion, as well as
morality."

There is a difference between the customs and usages of religion,
and morality. Non-believers aren't obligated to follow religious
customs, aren't forced to go to Church, but they ARE obligated to
follow religious morality, and ethical values. God alone determines
what is moral and immoral, what is right and what is wrong. These
are absolutes. Everyone is obligated to follow God's Law concerning
morality.

All the great religions that teach sexual morality all agree in
significant areas, on basic moral issues: murder, stealing,
adultery, homosexuality, blasphemy, idolatry, all are wrong, and
unacceptable. The three desert religions: Judaism, Christianity and
Islam, as well as Hinduism, all agree on important moral issues.
Where they differ are in their customs and usages of religion:
eating pork, or fasting on Fridays, or eating Kosher foods, going
to the Mosque on Fridays, or to the Synagogue on Saturdays, or to
Church on Sundays; these are all customs, which no one is saying
ought to be codified into laws.

Buddhism is the only great religion which has no sexual ethic,
since the Buddha said little or nothing on the subject. Yet,
Buddhists are called to not engage in activities which are harmful
to themselves or to others, which impede their or others' spiritual
growth. Indirectly, they would agree that sexual immoralities are
wrong.

The reason concubinage is permitted in Islam is because abandoned
women would starve amid widespread poverty. Women are dumped in the
streets, and forgotten. It is a charity to take them in, to give
them a family, although they have no social status. It's similar to
the Mormon founders' contention, coming from charity, rather than
from an adolescent's fantasy of hedonism.

There may be a pluralistic plethora of various and different
religious customs, and usages of religion, but there is only ONE
morality: God's Law, which ALL are required to observe.

What was a sin 4,000 years ago is STILL a sin.
God has no need to judge a thing twice.

-

7 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996