1 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Dolce Vita
Subject: Re: strange spasms

HI
That very well may be kundalini awakening. What you are doing though you think
it is not meditating, it is contemplation, relaxation and exersice may awaken
the kundalini. This energy in your spine and the sensations you describe may be
very well the Serpent Power. I will attack something for you. I have gone
through similar experiences. Keep in touch In love and light, Lissette
If by any reason you can't read the attachment I will send it anyway pasted
after this.....

                         KUNDALINI SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS

                                by El Collie
-
Many individuals whose Kundalini has been unexpectedly unleashed DO NOT KNOW
WHAT IS HAPPENING, and the prevailing social ignorance about this
multidimensional transformative process makes it hard to find medical or
alternative health practitioners or spiritual advisors who recognize the
symptoms, particularly when they are strongly physical. Many people know
that the risen Kundalini flings open gates to all sorts of mystical,
paranormal and magical vistas but few realize it can also dramatically
impact the body. A large percentage of Shared Transformation subscribers
have reported long bouts of strange illness as well as radical mental,
emotional, interpersonal, psychic, spiritual and lifestyle changes. Over and
again we hear stories of frustrating, sometimes desperate visits to doctors,
healers, counselors, etc. who neither understood nor were able to help with
the myriad pains and problems catalyzed by raging Kundalini.

The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

   * Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

   * Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body
-
   * Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling
     sensations

   * Intense heat or cold

   * Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest
     or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing
     one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways

-   * Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

   * Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue

   * Intensified or diminished sexual desires

   * Headaches, pressures within the skull

   * Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

-   * Digestive system problems

   * Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

   * Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck

   * Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or
     excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

   * Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as
-     unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

   * Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

   * Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous
     trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief
     system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis
     or self-grandiosity)

   * Ecstasy and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion
-
   * Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences;
     pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and
     chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or
     visions; healing powers

   * Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual
     communication through music, art, poetry, etc.

   * Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own
-     essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness
     of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)

   * Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality;
     transcendent awareness

Some people have told us they find the concept of "Kundalini" foreign and
prefer to simply call this their "awakening," which is fine with us. But for
most who contact us, the Kundalini explanation provides an important
framework with which to accept and work with their experiences. We each have
a unique way of interpreting, honoring and describing our spiritual wisdom.
I do not believe there is only one right way to know or express the truth.
Far more important, I believe, is to have an open heart and to be faithful
to our own path, wherever it may lead.

We have also been asked why we do not put more emphasis on union with the
Divine and God-realization, which are very much central to spiritual
awakening. Since everyone experiences and interprets their mystical
experiences differently and very personally, to make sure no one will feel
excluded, we just speak of "awakening consciousness" or "transcendent
states" on the ST Web pages. In our Shared Transformation newsletter,
individuals with variant religious beliefs are welcome to (and DO) tell
about their experiences of this sort. Some speak of God, Christ, Goddess,
the Holy One, Spirit, or simply a magnificent Whole in which we all partake.

Also, for some people, profound spiritual realizations do not occur until
months or years after the other signs and symptoms. Individuals who are
having experiences of an obvious spiritual nature are usually more able to
integrate and benefit from the process, regardless of how they may label it.
But those who experience what seems to be illness or weird psychic phenomena
often are very alarmed until they understand that they are not sick or
crazy. And even the enlightening and beautiful experiences can be so
powerful that people doubt their sanity. This is why the information and
validation we offer in the ST newsletters and the opportunity to exchange
insights with others through Shared Transformation's Friends Online and the
Kundalini Mailing List (hosted by Richard Satin) is so valuable.

-

2 Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Re: Loved Ones Who "Don't Get It"

-> am here for him (though I am curious!).  He will allow, however, that
-> something mighty unusual happens when we make love -- I mean to him, he
-> can feel that the K energy goes wild in me!  So I think, hmmm, am I
-> some sort of conjugal shaktipat?

Hi, please define shaktipat for me.
My lover left me over the weekend and I think he experienced this
through me too. He has made it clear that he does not want ME.
His eyes tell me that he wants what I HAVE spiritually. He has
been searching all his life for what I HAVE. He thinks he will be
able to take from me and to find someone else like me that he
can get the same experience from - maybe someone younger,
thinner, richer in material things, AND have the K energy
too! (I'm starting to feel like a piece of sh*t).

Melody

3 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Mary Knapp

At 02:15 PM 9/17/96 -0500, wrote:

>My relaxation is done with breathing and visualizations so there really
>isn't anything very physical going on.

Breathing *is* very physical and the quickest route to the spiritual.  K can
probably be aroused from breathing exercises alone.  IMHO
		Mary,
-	The Reluctant Earthling

4 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: Resource

The K energy can wreak havoc on a relationship, even when the partners
know what's going on.  At the beginning of my experience, my husband
was very fearful about what was happening because it defied everything
he had ever learned from science.  We had a very hard time with it.
Thankfully, we are now more aware.

However, this seems to be a time of endings for many people.

Today I saw an interview with former actress Jackie Joseph, ex-wife of
Ken Barry and the ex-wife of Eric Estrada who have formed an organization
for women left in the lurch during/after a breakup.

It's called WOMEN WORK! 202-467-6346 and you can call for a local
support group.  Though I doubt they know anything about the k, perhaps
it will help with all the other trauma.

I wish all of you God-speed and Goddess-Love...

Karol Ann

-
5 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: kundalini & asanas

>can anyone explain the weird desire for people to do these "postures", I
>find this part of kundalini possibly the weirdest. people who have not done
>yoga at all are suddenly doing yogic postures, and they dont even realize it.

like some others who have responded to this post, i found that when i did
start to learn yoga it was all very familiar to me. perhaps this was
because my parents did yoga when i was small, but then again, perhaps not.

lately i've been finding that my body wants to do spinal twists during my
meditation as well as the usual undulating spine thing i've gotten for a
long time now. its not quite as shocking as when i used to automatically go
into the bridge pose before falling asleep in my bad, or during reiki
treatments, or while making love.

another slightly related thing: my 10 month old son seems to go into yoga
poses naturally. even some friends of mine have noticed this. he's been
crawling recently and i caught him doing downward dog pose. hmmm. aside
from this he really likes badhakonasana, pulling one or both feet onto his
chest (full pose). sometimes i think this may be from him watching me do
yoga, but other times i don't know . . .

lia

-
6 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: Music, leaving the body

I find that playing music myself as opposed to listening, or singing puts me
>into an altered state.  The sound in my head which is like a crystal
>resonating does the same thing if I tune into it.  At night before sleep, or
>when I am relaxed, this can cause me to leave my body. I no longer tone,
>because I get an affect similar to what you described.
->
>I think what happens is that in some way we become the "sound" which then
>causes us to slip into our spiritual bodies for a moment.  Fear does pull you
>back.  If you do not resist you can go to some interesting places.  But of
>course being earthbound as we are here, we always return eventually.
>
>Love Jule

as a composer and a musician, i thrive on sound. i've foudn in our culture
today that we are so completely innundated with sound all the time, that we
don't stop and listen to the sounds within ourselves, and we don't use our
voices.

in a vocal workshop i participated in led by Richard Armstrong we explored
all the sounds our voices could possibly make. it was quite incredible and
people were having all sorts of experiences. repressed memories coming up,
trance states, etc etc.

sound is a very powerful thing. listening and/ or making sound can bring us
to new realms.
-
a very wonderful sound meditation i've tried once:

close your ears gently with your thumbs
close your eyes with your index and middle fingers over the eyelids
place your ring fingers just below teh bridge of the nose
place your pinky fingers lightly on your mouth

hum.

this is supposed to help with insomnia but i found i was so fascinated by
all the overtones that were happening in my skull and all the colors it was
creating.

lia

7 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)

>I agree with the other posts on this so far -- have a similar situation
>with my adored one.  Whatever he believes or doesn't is just fine with
>me.  There is no question he is here to ground me, and therefore to
>free me to go wherever.  I don't think it is my job to figure out why I
>am here for him (though I am curious!).  He will allow, however, that
>something mighty unusual happens when we make love -- I mean to him, he
>can feel that the K energy goes wild in me!  So I think, hmmm, am I
>some sort of conjugal shaktipat?
->
>Holly

hmmm. that sounds familiar. in my experience, i seem to hae passed on some
of the K energy to my husband. (i assume through lovemaking) and he has
begun to be more open to my wierd experiences and such. is K contagious? ;)

lia

-
8 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)

>Last night I was doing my standard 15-20 minute relaxation, when I found
>that a tingling sensation was growing in my back between my shoulder blades.
>The sensation grew quite rapidly and preceded to course though my back.
>(Even thinking about it now, is making it well up again.)  From there I
>started to have muscle spasms (it's the only way I can word it) throughout
>my body.  The only very rough equivalent I can say is that is was almost
>orgasmic but there was nothing sexual about it.  It lasted for several
>minutes (at least it felt that way).

this has been happening to me during my meditations pretty regularly for a
few years now. when its really strong i can feel a burst of white lite
shooting out through the top of my head (the quintissental sp? white
thousand petalled lotus perhaps?)

>I had never really heard of kundalini (in any knowledgable way) before I
>joined this list.  I do not do yoga or anything else that is an "exercise".
>My relaxation is done with breathing and visualizations so there really
>isn't anything very physical going on.

breathing is EXTREMELY physical

>Is there any significance to energy forming and centering within the
>shoulder blade area?  Could this somehow be related to kundalini?  If so,
>what would the next step be?

it sounds definitely related to kundalini. enjoy the white petaled light. :)

lia

9 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: astanga yoga and K

>Another thing about most of the 'Yogas' is that they say that a long
>period of work involving breathing, postures etc is essential to avoid any
>awakening problems - and that, if you do this, K problems are very rare, and
>you get a slow awakening.   Is this anyone's experience??
>best wishes - Mike

i found my awakening much easier to deal with (ie, slower and more gentle)
when i was doing 2 to 3 hours of yoga nd meditation a day. lately i only
have my yoga class weekly and occasionally get to meditate and find that
i'm having more "problems"
-
lia

10 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: EGO

>I'm feeling the "joy and peace of wholeness, completeness, and totally
>unrestricted love, but where are all these physical phenomena that I'm
>supposed to be experiencing in kundalini awakening?
>
>Thanks,
>Melody

when i first started my K awakening, i first felt all the bliss and love
and joy, and then later began experiencing some of the physical phenomena.
it may come, it may not. i wouldn't worry about it though.

lia

11 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: re: left side pain

>I have noticed left side pain predominant too. Sometimes it's like molten
>lava energy flowing up and down my legs, from my soles to my groin,
>sometimes into my back.

lava energy. the perfect words to describe it!
 i had a friend do reiki on my lower left back (where the pain seems
centered) and she says it felt like there was just so much energy going on
there that it was causing pain. while she had her hands on the enrgy seemd
to spread out and cover my entire body. it was very nice and warm and
lavaey. not painful at all. however, the pain came back about an hour
later, but is much less intense now. i hope my yoga class tomorrow will
balence things out a bit more.
->
>Reading all the posts on yoga has inspired me to start again. Question: Is
>classical hatha yoga ok as in beneficial too? Or are Astanga or Iyengar
>clearly better for k people?

i think you have to experiment to find what works best for you. i find
Iyengar works great for me, but i seem to remember Mike saying he found
Astanga better for him. i think any yoga would probably be fine.

lia
-

12 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Karol Ann Barnett

> hmmm. that sounds familiar. in my experience, i seem to hae passed on some
> of the K energy to my husband. (i assume through lovemaking) and he has
> begun to be more open to my wierd experiences and such. is K contagious? ;)
>
> Hi lia

I can share with you what I have learned regarding the Law of Resonance,
according to Lazaris.  When two sources of energy meet, either one
frequency will raise, one will lower, or they will coalesce somewhere in
between.

Because my K was awakened, my husband now is experiencing an awakening.
-

13 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: ori^
Subject: SEN ; Kundalini Resources

At 06:27 PM 9/13/96 GMT, Melody Gavigan wrote:
>The Spiritual Emergence Network.
>I don't know much about the Network yet,
>but they are sending me information in the mail. I sincerely
>hope it is not a front for Scientology...

Melody, this most assuredly is not a front for scientology.
It is a network of people nationwide and I belive all the way
around the world, originally founded by Christina Grof.  It is
a network for education and support of those involved in spiritual
emergence, one form of which is kundalini.

I'm involved with a group which just started meeting this year.
We meet once a month and there is a presentation by a group
member or someone who has been invited, then time for questions
and open discussion.  I've found much support in this group.
The presentations have ranged from Energy work to Multidimensional
Healing.  Next month is a presentation on Shamanic Healing, the
following month is Holotropic breathwork.

The network part is just beginning to get started.  Not only is
it a support group for the members, but also a resource for the
community.  We are beginning to form a file of names to have for
referral purposes.

I have just written an article for the nearby Seattle Spiritual
Emergence Network Newsletter which I have posted on my web page.
I welcome receiving information about additional sites.

Kundalini Resources on the Internet
http://www.eskimo.com/~ori/kundalni.html

I'm finding the posts about yoga and spontaneous asanas to be
fascinating reading.  It is helping me to reframe my understanding
about some of my own experiences, which were not asanas, but seem
to be energetically connected to this phenomenon.  This energy which
is coursing within us and without us is a wondrous happening.

Light to all,
ori^

-

******
*              ori^                   *
*            oriATNOSPAMeskimo.com           *
* http://www.eskimo.com/~ori/ori.html *
******

-
14 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996