1 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: kentATNOSPAMgatezone.com (cinder)
Subject: Re: ADMIN:  Suggestion for the list

Richard passed this on from someone...

-
>I don't want to judge it but I can't help but notice the effect of crowding
>out a lot of other people and their points of views. Frankly, it is this
>monopoly that makes this site become tedious.

  Oh go ahead and judge it, what the hell.  None of this new age doubletalk
 I'm tempted to say, "Life is like that."  One of the great all purpose
sayings of the current yuga.  Gee, I guess I did say it.

  Cyberspace is virtually  infinitely flexible and can handle lots of
'monopolizing' without breaking a sweat.  There is room for dozens of
monopolies and tons of tediusness... A buffet where people can gorge or
disgorge themselves to their heart's content.

  What I see happen in other quadrants of c-space is that lurkers and
other's eventually learn to speak their hearts and minds as freely as the
'tedious monopolizers' without rules and regulations.  Attempts to regulate
*tend* to suck.

>I thank you as always for your stand on free speech. Still, I wonder, is it
>ever appropriate to ask people to limit their shares to once a day or
>whatever as a policy that is meant to encourage all sorts of people to
>participate (sort of like affirmative action?)...

  Why doesn't the person who wrote this to Richard try saying it to the
people he/she thinks are so tedius....  Has anyone heard the hilarious
Lenny Bruce bit about how policepeople came into being?  I think it is
illustrative of this point.

>Just wondering.....and thinking that a policy like this might cut down on
>traffic and the unecessary type of chat considerably.

  Just delete your favorite 'tedious monopolizers' that is what the ole
delete key is for.  Instead of trying to control or limit the amount of
tedium that flows through the pipes, simply delete.  It'll give you a whole
new sense of power and transcendence.

>Not to say that these individuals haven't contributed...it's more a quesiton
>of what makes this line a success and one that continually stays fresh? To
>achieve this, I think that broad partipation is the key, and that such a
>policy might promote this effortlessly.

  Therefor go forth and contribute and what's more facilitate lurkers and
the quiet folks who have spinal accelerators and duck tape hanging off
their asses to say more.   But... 'effortlessly... right.  Wanna buy a
bridge?  This little indicator word has much in it's forward wake
(fullness).  Avoiding effort is like... hmmmmm.... what is it like?  Let's
have a contest ... Just exactly what is avoiding effort like.  Like
trying to go swiming without getting wet?  Like opening up the heart
without loving?  God... someone help me out with a really fine image.
-
>----------( end excerpt response )-----------------------------
>
>Let me know if you have any thoughts one way or another.

  Richard, you're a gem.  The way you let other people speak for themselves
is  brilliant.

>Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.
>Desiderius Erasmus
-
  And here is the answer nestled in Richard's sig line... just staring us
in the face.

bye,

kent
-

      Private Communications        GateZone Communications
   ___________________________
   Kent Livingston      kentATNOSPAMgatezone.com         512.443.8855

-

2 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: av756ATNOSPAMlafn.org (Myron Newman)
Subject: death of ego

I;ve been skimming through this death of ego thread and it seems to me
that the death is lasting longer than the opera's fat lady's last song.
If you're going to die, so die already and stop talking about it.
-

Myron

3 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: death of ego

At last!! And *long* overdue.  A real good belly aching laugh about this
ego.  May it rest in peace (and give us some) at last, at last!  Thank you
Myron.

Still laughing,
Mary

At 07:29 PM 9/16/96 -0700, Myron Newman wrote:

>I;ve been skimming through this death of ego thread and it seems to me
>that the death is lasting longer than the opera's fat lady's last song.
>If you're going to die, so die already and stop talking about it.
>

>Myron

		Mary,
-	The Reluctant Earthling

4 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: Re: Pessimism, no hope, perhaps dying

My impression from all your posts is that you choose a negative for
motivation.
-
There's nothing wrong with this, you have to experiment for yourself.

Why are you so agressive?

>At 11:09 PM 9/15/96, you wrote:
>>Sorry, I have to laugh for a moment. I'm not saying per se that there IS
>>God. But I'm asking you how you KNOW there is no God. What
>>I'm asking is: how do you KNOW????
>
>How? how do you know there ISNT? this is a circular arguement, as you can
> see.
>me well, as I said, my personal beliefs are my business, no one elses. it
>doesnt really make a difference, does it? why, are you trying to make a
>choice about this? i really dont understand why you are asking.
>
>if you really need to know, explain your reasons, perhaps in email, and
>we'll discuss it, perhaps.
->
>>What I'm saying here is that none of us knows if we're going backward of
>>forward, so if you wanna be sure, take a number and wait in line...
>
>i dunno about you but, i'm going forward... :)
>Dan.
>there are always possibilities...

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

-

5 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: Re: circular argument

My intention never was to be right or wrong. There is no right and wrong in
this matter. How much more clearly can I formulate this: my question was
quite straight. How do you KNOW? Most people will debate its existence. How
can you be sure? You, personnally?
-
I don't want to fight, quite the contrary. I'm not a religious person, I
don't practice. I'm just asking an honest question.

Love to all.

>Dan & others,
>
>>But I'm asking you how you KNOW there is no God. What
>>>I'm asking is: how do you KNOW????
>>
>>How? how do you know there ISNT? this is a circular arguement, as you can
>>see.
>
>As long as you participate in this so-called "circular argument," you keep
> it
>going in circles.  Lack of reaction will create a space where there is
>nothing to fight or argue with; at that point it dissolves.  How important
> is
>it to you to be "right?"  Not?  Then let it go....

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

6 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: NannuATNOSPAMSanctum.com
Subject: Re:  THE PHANTOM
-
> I don't want to judge it but I can't help but notice the effect of crowding
> out a lot of other people and their points of views. Frankly, it is this
> monopoly that makes this site become tedious.

Hell, just start typing, there^s plenty of room here...  I count the minutes
hoping someone will say something...  I feel like the Maytag man, ...just
waiting for people like yourself to jump in and say something!  SPEAK TO
US O NAMELESS ONE!
=8D=8D=8D=8D=8D
-

> I thank you as always for your stand on free speech.

...Now your talkin^...
=8D=8D=8D=8D=8D

> it's more a quesiton
> of what makes this line a success and one that continually stays fresh? To
> achieve this, I think that broad partipation is the key,
-
Exactly! ...and that^s why you need to buckle down to that keyboard and get
into conversation!  We -want -YOU!  Don^t let these bullies kick sand in
your face...
--
      CHILDREN of the UNIVERSE,  ...Nannu

7 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: GrandmmaATNOSPAMaol.com

IN REMEMBRANCE

The will survives and so I'm alive
with an ego so full
that it drowns out my soul.
And so I must go
against ebb and the flow
with my face in the dual
chaotic renewal
until well through the fear
the storm fades to fear
and my ego defates
and emancipates
to a place where I see
that it's all about me
as I become you
and it's all
dejavu.

8 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 08:25 PM 9/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List Members,
->
>The volume of mail generated by the list has been a subject of concern to
>many of you.
>Please take a moment to look over the following suggestion:

hey, its a free country, everyone has their say.

personally i'd like to hear more from the lurkers.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...
-

9 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 07:29 PM 9/16/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I;ve been skimming through this death of ego thread and it seems to me
>that the death is lasting longer than the opera's fat lady's last song.
>If you're going to die, so die already and stop talking about it.
>Myron

thats pleasant. this is death of the ego, not the physical. but as I already
posted, this thread is at an end. care to share your personal experiences?
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

-
10 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: kundalini & asanas

ok, onto yoga and kundalini (on topic!)
can anyone explain the weird desire for people to do these "postures", I
find this part of kundalini possibly the weirdest. people who have not done
yoga at all are suddenly doing yogic postures, and they dont even realize it.

its not that they are bad, they stimulate the kundalini. perhaps there is a
psycho-spiritual effect of kundalini making its presence known, driving the
body to create the energy (or whatever) that the kundalini needs more of.

oh well, this gets back to the "weirdness" thread I started a long time ago
on here.

it seems describing our own "weird" events makes it easier for others out
there, this is quite generic as well, so everyone i think is welcome to
share their part of the process and know they arent so weird because
everyone else is having the same thing!

I remember one or two weeks where nearly all the prominent writers here got
strepthroat at the same time. some kind of strange milestone perhaps.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

11 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Conquer or love?

>>> i think this is
>>>not happening because of the part of me that is still afraid. fear is a
>>>powerful enemy at times.
>>
>>Now there is one hell of an understatement!!!
>
>hehe... yes, but fear exists to be conquered.
-
*******IMHO, fear exists in order to be LOVED.  Conquering implies
confrontation, battle, fight, struggle, possibly death.  Do you do that to a
child who is afraid?  That's what we all are inside!  Love & acceptance don't
imply "doing" anything, just being.  Fear dissolves when love is applied
consistently, persistently.  Personal experience....

12 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com

BRAVO Kent to your whole post!!  And especially your last line - thought I'd
bring it home one more time!

>  Richard, you're a gem.  The way you let other people speak for themselves
>is  brilliant.
>
>>Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.
>>Desiderius Erasmus
>
>*************  And here is the answer nestled in Richard's sig line... just
staring us
>in the face. *************

13 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com

To all you listies out there!

>I thank you as always for your stand on free speech. Still, I wonder, is it
>ever appropriate to ask people to limit their shares to once a day or
>whatever as a policy that is meant to encourage all sorts of people to
>participate (sort of like affirmative action?)...
>
>Just wondering.....and thinking that a policy like this might cut down on
>traffic and the unecessary type of chat considerably.
>
>Not to say that these individuals haven't contributed...it's more a quesiton
>of what makes this line a success and one that continually stays fresh? To
>achieve this, I think that broad partipation is the key, and that such a
>policy might promote this effortlessly.

I feel that if the handfull of people that regularly post DIDN'T, there would
be no list.  The rest of you who choose not to participate would be looking
at a blank screen.
-
We DO NOT  crowd out anyone else who wishes to post - SPACE IS AVAILABLE TO
ALL!  When I see a post from someone I have not heard from, I usually send a
thank you note personally to that person, thanking for the sharing.

Those of us that do post regularly WANT to hear from those of you who don't!
 LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!  The only one stopping you is YOU.  Please do not
blame me - I don't accept it anyway!

I also don't believe we have engaged in unnecessary chat.  Everything that I
have read involves some sort of growth, either physically, mentally,
emotionally, or spiritually, or help for that growth.  Kundalini touches all
aspects of self, in my opinion, so everything is relevent.

Just because what has been posted lately has not helped the writer above,
doesn't mean those posts aren't helping anybody!  I have received personal
notes from people thanking me for my contribution because of what my post
meant to them, even though I wasn't speaking to them directly.

Writer above, please allow those who are getting help, albeit quietly, to
continue to do so.  If you want to be involved in something that is geared
specifically to YOU and your likes, I suggest that that's NOT on any list;
lists are comprised of a multitude of personalities with different
upbringings, opinions, etc.

But, if you want to stay on the list, and want to talk about subjects of
interest to YOU, it is within your power to do so, nobody is taking that away
from you but you.

Love from my heart,  Barb
-

14 Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996