1 Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: the athiest..

Hello all

So there is an athiest is the group!  Why ask him to deny his
experiences?  Each one of us perceives but a small portion of what is
Real out there.  With time, we learn to open up to other realities, not
just our own subjective ones.  Relax.  We all see according to who we
are, where we are in time and space and what we need to see in order to
grow. Agreement about religion is in no way necessary to allow for growth
within the framework that surrounds us.  His perception is DIFFERENT, not
necesarily inferior to any one else's - better only counts if the race to
the top is run on a linear path and it is not.

This is not being critical; those that experience k release, in the first
years or so, by necessity must destabilize their previous beliefs in
order to allow for the new.  Chaos is rarely a clean process - allow for
it or squelch the possiblitlies reality may lead any given indiviudal to.

To the athiest: Sorry I can't remember your name except in my mind I
called you 'D" when I read all the postings and chose to delete them and
not get involved.  Don't every deny your experiences, regardless of what
they are; but be prepared to widen the context in which you interpret
your experience - eg.  the beingS that you encountered - research them in
some of the alternate texts that are not so bound in tradition.  Truth
sometimes lies in strange places.  Whom do they serve?  If you care to
email me about some of them, I'd be glad to help you look some of them up
in these texts.

For the other readers, no I am not an athiest, but yes, I am willing to
look at what D is saying with a view to understanding more of what he is
experiencing and perhaps enriching my own knowledge.

Hang in there all.  Your support of one of the group is great!

jan

2 Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: life, the universe, everything

First of all, this is not a flame, and I do not want to get any flames in
response. if there are any, i'll delete them without reading them. I also
dont want to upset anyone, that is not my intention.  lets make this a bit
more constructive shall we? my hope is by sharing some personal info here
will help.

first off, i am an atheist. i do not have a "religion" or "god", and in
addition, i have a severe distaste of anyone who tries to "force" their
beliefs upon another person. we are all equal, of equal value, will, and
respect. no person is "better" than another, no persons view is any more
important or "correct" or "right" than anyone elses.

i live by the motto that each persons beliefs and thoughts are their own,
and no one else has any right otherwise. in fact, i think this is rather
arrogant and egotistical, to think or act otherwise.

i find televangelists the worst, and those who think there is something
wrong with someone because they dont share the beliefs of another person.
buddhist beliefs are completely different from christian, and older too. The
egyptians believed in many gods, as did the mians, and toltecs (sp), the
egyptians were around thousands of years before christianity. but belief is
not about who was "first", heck, nobody knows what the first religion was,
perhaps sumarian, going back 40,000 years. i am only using christianity as
an example here, not singling them out. my whole family is devot strict
roman-catholic. heck my family LIVED on the grounds of the VATICAN for a
number of years, my grandfather was a personal bodyguard to the Pope!! I
mean, how much more religious can you get than that?!  And thats a statement
I want to make too. i mean, just because someone is a "Pope" or whatever,
doesnt mean they are any MORE or LESS religious than anyone else. or any
MORE right or LESS.
-
an analogy might be "love", i mean do you love your daughter more than your
wife? you simply cant measure it that way.

one weird religious  thing about me, i guess you could say, is if i
walk by (even not conciously aware) or enter a church (christian, catholic,
etc, or a buddhist temple), if i dont keep my distance i will become
"drained" and even once have come very close to passing out before i
realized what it was, and got to a safe distance.

I've read a LOT of information, scientific, physics, quantum physics,
spiritual, religious, and even science fiction, internet stuff, spiritweb,
RA Material (briefs), mail lists, and numerous conversations, as well as
seeing spiritualists, visionaries, healers, psychics, etc. the fact of the
matter is, no one knows who or what created the universe, or why, or how.
another fact is, no one knows how the universe actually works, what its all
about. even our petty human "physical laws" may be complete nonsense in the
bigger picture, and our grasp of "time" or "dimensions" is pathetic.

i think it is only human arrogance to think that such a spectacular
universe, as enormous as it is, as incredibly complex, as wonderous as it
is, was created JUST for US. A whole wonderous universe created merely for
some insignificant species on some unknown insignificant little blue planet
in some insignificant little out of the way back corner galaxy such as ours?
really now, is this not PURE ego?

these are not things i have thought about much, although from time to time,
until recently. recently i've thought about this more and more although not
obsessively.

is it possible to be an atheist AND have spiritual beliefs at the same time?
certainly! atheism to me means only that there is no such thing as "god", it
doesnt mean, to me, that you dont believe in spiritual things, other
"entities", psychic abilities, mystics, healing, etc. this is NOT a
contradiction, to me, the two things have nothing to do with each other, in
fact, i cant see the connection, never could. so i will say i dont
understand the thoughts of others that atheists cant believe in these
things, that doesnt make sense, and seems of "ego".

in fact, i feel this may be the biggest ego subject of them all. then again,
maybe not. :)

I'll be honest and say I've always thought of "religion" is for those who
"need" it, those who need that kind of faith, that kind of hope. and when
someone is trying to force their beliefs down my throat, etc etc then i
sometimes think of it like alcohol to an alcoholic. the truth is, i've
always been on my own, from childhood (moving once every 3 months, always
with a different realtive, different cities, or even countries, never having
a chance to make friends) to adulthood living alone, and my fiancee passing
away 6.5 years ago. so I've always been self-supporting, my fiancee changed
that, or so I thought. i've never really needed someone else since then,
until recently, well actually I have, but its gotten a lot worse. now i feel
i may die if that other person isnt found. a person cannot live without love
in their life. i have no one in my life, outside "cyberlife", not even
friends, as such.

I recall going through school and having devot christians constantly telling
me how i will burn in hell for all eternity because i dont believe. they
always tried to ram their beliefs down my throat. this is the ultimate ego.
for me, neither heaven nor hell exist, mine is simply a different universe.
heaven to me is a contradiction in terms, an oxymoron, and logically and
rationally, the idea is invalid. but again, i'm not trying to press my
beliefs on anyone. these are MY ideas and beliefs, they are simply
statements, of mine. they dont have to be yours. just thoughts to share on
these subjects.

i believe in a lot of different spiritual things. and a lot of different
entities, i've been through a great deal, and have a great deal more yet to
come. heck i've even posted that "fate" is my true mother, just goes to show
some things, and i've seen native spiritualists. i have a great deal of
respect for them, and "Ancients", japanese and so forth. (many others).

spirituality should be spirituality, without judgement, perhaps wihtout
religion, well... i hope my points in this get across ok.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

3 Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: grounding

My grounding info is not grounding as in, getting connected to ground, like
earth, but "Grounding" activities as in energy like negative, positive,
ground. get it? anyhow.

its from Dr. Kason's book "a farther shore", talks about closing the
chakras, etc. she even mentioned for me to do these in session last time. i
just cant, i find it utterly insane to even think about it!
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

4 Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: new subscriber info

hi. i'm new here and thought i'd send this along
-
  1. Name: Lia Pas

2. Age: 24

3. When did you first become aware of kundalini in your life?
      when i was about 17. shortly after i first had sex and when i became
interested in yoga

4. How long ago was this? 7 years ago
-
5. What are some of the things you have noticed? increased psychic
abilities, increased sex drive (usually, occasionally decreased),
spontaneous yoga poses. lately a very strange sense of paranoia. its as if
i can hear and feel EXACTLY what other people think of me. not always good.

6. What has changed/is changing in your life? i realize how important my
art is to me (i'm a writer and a musician). yoga has become very important
but since i had my son 9 1/2 months ago i find i don't seem to have time
for it aside from my weekly class and that seems to be detrimental.

7. Do you have any particular practices that you have found helpful?
iyengar yoga. regular meditation.

8. Are you involved in any service to others? i'm a stay at home mother and
find myself giving advice through tarot readings, reiki and basic energy
help to others who ask.

9. What are you hoping to get out of this list? some sort of community i
can talk to about what's going on. lately its been hard to deal with and i
don't seem to have anyone i can talk to about it. yet :)

5 Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996
From: mabATNOSPAMrio.com (Margaret A. Blaine)
Subject: new subscriber

Margaret Blaine
age 57
First became of kundalini in 1970 at long meditation course in India.
Have noticed spontaneous yoga postures, synchronicity, ability to connect
with higher realms, ability to tune in to people( I don't do this unless
asked).  Do not suffer as I did before 1970.  Much stronger psychologically,
have trust in the universe, am coming out on top of challenges so I don't
think of them as problems. Am consistently happy. My body twitches a lot as
the energy moves and this has gotten worse rather than better. Lately the
energy was so much that I didn't think I could handle it and went to a
Kundalini Yoga class.  This has helped a great deal. I now do it for 15
minutes every day and things are much smoother.
     Network chiropractic has helped me through blocks. Meditation snd
chanting seem to make it stronger.
     I have been a counselor for many years, but am now at home caring for
myself for a while.  Am involved in introducing people to spiritual practice.
     I have needed people to talk to about this to see what works what
hasn't worked for them and to share experiences.  I also hope that at some
point I might be able to write a book about it, to help other people who
might not understand what is going on.  I also want to clarify the
differences between problems on the  spiritual path and traditional
psychological problems so that the profession can understand what they are
seeing when someone comes in.

6 Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96