1
From: nannuATNOSPAMsuncoastonline.com
Subject: Direct experience,...the only teacher...

I have to say that it is 'very' scientific! I speak from years of study and
'experimentation'. I would say it is akin to learning how to drive a car. Once
you learn the 'operan'd, it's just a matter of 'mentally' putting it in gear, so to
speak. There is nothing mystical or spiritual about it. Spirituality and mysticism is
already built into our systems. When K yawns, spirituality and mysticism
becomes more pronounced because we become more 'aware'.
Activating K is like turning up a dimmer switch. More power to the bulb so that
we 'see' more

2 Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996
From: nannuATNOSPAMsuncoastonline.com
Subject: Inner lights
-
Hello, all:

Though I trust that something along these lines may have been raised on this
list before, I'm hoping that someone will be willing to contact me (privately,
if preferred) regarding some unusual phenomena I've been experiencing since
apparently awakening kundalini some months ago. While it's common for me to
feel energy circulating through my body during the day, from time to time I get
a flash of (inner) light in my right eye (and only the right eye). It's not
unlike the flashes one sees at the cinema where blemishes on the film appear on
the screen. The thing is, such flashes almost never occur during meditation.
Instead, they tend to occur once or twice a day, though I must admit that I've
become so used to them that sometimes I probably disregard them altogether.
Sometimes they don't occur at all.

I've looked at a few books addressing the physiological effects of kundalini,
but have found only vague references to light. Has anyone else experienced such
things? I've already made plans to see an eye doctor, and hope it's nothing
serious. I'd probably have a little less anxiety if I knew this was kundalini
related rather than something worse.
-
Best,

Chris

3 Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Inner lights
-
At 03:10 PM 9/3/96 -0600, you wrote:
>feel energy circulating through my body during the day, from time to time I
>a flash of (inner) light in my right eye (and only the right eye). It's not
>unlike the flashes one sees at the cinema where blemishes on the film appear

yep, same ol', same ol'  I posted something like this a while back
"eyes, flashes of light", an yep, I'm sure it's k related, but once again,
each experience is different. If it becomes bothersome or doesnt go away (I
haven't checked recently myself, haven't been paying attention) but in any
case after another two weeks or so I might suggest you see someone about it.
Nothing really to worry about, just verifying that it's not a medical (or
other) condition.

I'm sure it's not, but I'm not an MD or expert or guru or anything so I will
just say it sounds like my own experience and related to others similar ones
here as well, all k-related.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

-

4 Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996
From: Iver Juster
Subject: Responsibility for the planet

I love thinking of the k as a magnifier. It makes us more aware. Those who
feel that k is supposed to make us evolve spiritually only must be
dissappointed...becuase so many of us want to discuss all sorts of things,
in addition to spiritual growth.
-
 It is more like the light bulb being turned brighter--great description.
Each of us can do what we wish with what we see as a result. The whole room
becomes brighter. This is in distinction to those who would say that the k
is a flashlight, meant to illuminate only one corner of the room...all other
corners that get illuminated are mistakes!

As the room brighens, we see everything more clearly, including of course,
the spiritual domain.

Still each of us is unique...and we are going to interpret what we see
uniquely...

I am fascinated with the implications of the k on society. Hey, if everyone
who has k drops out of real life and goes to Nirvana, what type of earth
will there be to return to?

Is there a responisibility that holders of the k have, due to their enlarged
vision? What could we do to make a positive contribution to the planet,
given this *gift* of ours?
-
Or, is it more like an opportunity?

What would happen if enough people with k banded together to make this
planet a better place?

(I have always had a fondness for the boddisatva, the one who comes back to
earth, and spreads love around selflessly, everywhere.) Does the k help us
become boddisatvas?

- Best, Patti