1 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: The guru thing

I have come to a different conclusion over time.
-

> I for one have a great deal of trouble with "paying" for "spirituality". If
> it is "real" then they should not ask for such. If they do ask for such, I
> assume they are not legitimate and move on. Sorry but that's the only way I
> can differentiate the "true" spiritualists versus the carnival sideshows.

I used to feel exactly the same way, making judgments against people
who charge a fee for a service.  I don't think that way anymore.
Money is condensed energy, a feedback mechanism that tells me how well I
am succeeding in my reality.  It speaks to abundance and to love (not
self-indulgent love) but self-nurturing love of comfort and security in a
physical world.  Like the Money Tree that is in essence, the gifts of the
Goddess who loves us without condition and never has wanted us to be
without anything that brings us joy.  Yes, there is the danger of
becoming trapped in the physical manifestations, but that is what this
world is all about -- overcoming the traps.  There is no nobility in
poverty anymore, unless one chooses to live the austere life for their
growth.  But it is not a mandate that we have to deny ourselves in order
to be spiritual -- at least, not for me.  I guess we each have to make
that choice.  Karol Ann

2 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: RE: Ringing in the ears, flashes of light, and crawly feelings.

Ah, John, sometimes I wish I had your attitude toward these things.
But I don't.  Yet.  I have a tremendous desire to know and understand
what I am experiencing and why.  Maybe the k will temper that, or expand
it, I don't yet know.  *8-)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, John Halonen wrote:

> These are things that need to be experienced.
>
> If you see flashes of light, don't worry about what they are.
> Don't worry about getting rid of the crawly feeling.
>
> Just experience them, then when they are gone.  They are gone.
> But remember to watch and experrience.  That is the key.
> Then when they are gone, experience the next moment
> with no thought of the flashing lights.
>
> There will probably be a great joy there.
>
> Peace,
> John Halonen

3 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: k and pain...

At 03:14 PM 8/21/96 -0400, Dan Gahlinger wrote:
. I
>don't like it. that's not to say I dont like or want k, but, there has to be
>a better way. :)
>
>Dan.

I could not have said it better myself, Ollie.  Let us join in asking for a
better way, shall we?
-
Mary

4 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: John's Laws

At 03:01 PM 8/21/96 -0500, John Halonen wrote:
-
>5.	Nothing needs to be perfect, or life would be a bore.
>6.	Mother Nature is You.
>7.	Everything is going well, as long as it is going.

My personal favorites.

Yes, we sick people definitely have too much time on our hands just now.

5 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: Mary Knapp

At 12:29 AM 8/22/96 +0500, tejkohliATNOSPAMgiasdl01.vsnl.net.in wrote:
 I feel the energy likes us to to do things our own
>way and to discover things in our own way. Each one of us are an
>expression of that vast creative power, and we have to respect that
>expression of creation(us) first.
>
>TEj

I am coming to believe that this is true as well.  It took me a while.
Perhaps it is not true for all, but could be after some purification, after
some initiation maybe.  I felt Jesus led me here - state of mind, K, the
whole 9 yrds.

Further ramblings from the strep front,

6 Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996
From: "Debee L. Thomas"
Subject: Re: coincidence

> it is very insightful and informative.

Yes, this is a very good book.  It causes much thought.

> My biggest shock with this book was to find that the dedication seemed to be
> written directly to me, which is of course normally not possible. :)

I guess my biggest shock was in discovering that it was fiction.  I guess
I had wanted to believe it was real :)  However, fiction or not, it still
discusses much of what we experience on our spiritual journeys to some
degree or another.

Blessed Be

Debee
-