Date: Sat, 17 Aug kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 97
1
From: "I.Juster"
Subject: Re: Re the ego

>I experience the void as being where I am conscious, and can be whoever or
>whatever i want to be. I am all of it. There is only me totally conscious of
>all there is.  I can be or not be.  It is a place of pure intent.  The world
> I live in is simply the result of that intent.
>
>I'm not explaining this too well, I know, because truthfully it is beyond
>words.  But I'd love some input from others on this.
>
>Love Jule

I think a lot of differences boil down to definitions. Same concepts,
different words.
Too me, the void is more like Osho says it, that place beyond the ego.

The void you describe is...well, I understand what you mean, I think. I too
have a place of pure intent. I call it my commitments. My priorities. The
principles I live by. For me they are Tantric commmitments, to be fully
present in each moment, in gratitude for life, (on and on), etc.

Once I now my core intentions, then life, (as in the outer world) serves me
up one Tarot card, one challenge, one opportunity to learn, one after
another. Based on who I have chosen to be, I get to create my responses.
There are many, many ways to respond upon that foundation. I am not fixed in
how I respond, only in my commitments (or intentions).

I can imagine myself doing all sorts of things. I can go against my
commitments, as well as  find new ways of living into them. I could even
change them if I really wanted to, though it would be hard.

The concept that we create ourselves anew continuosly is the heart of
postmodern philosophy. This philosophy would say that there is no core, only
surface. I.e. that even our intentions are chosen/created. That there is a
surface, of our constructed reality, surfing on the void as I defined it.

No meaning at all, other that what we choose. (BTW, this is existentialism,
renamed postmodern thought.)

I am a postmodernist, for sure. Still, as humans, I feel, we search to put
meaning into our lives, and that quest is more important than finding out
the truth, which is ultimately unknowable. Hence I please myself greatly to
nurse and cherish my beloved Tantric commitments. And they are the
guideposts that guide me through stormy, confusing, dark nights of the soul,
always promising and then delivering me home to that place of comfort that I
sought. These same guideposts reliably take me into the Tantric ways that
are blissful to me, too.

I don't know if this got anything clearer, but it was fun...

Love, Patti

2 Date: Sat, 17 Aug