Date: Thu, 15 Aug kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 93
1
From: Wendy
Subject: Teenagers continuing

Hi Everyone,

>Hi everyone:
>
>Wendy how about simply workers instead of warriors.  I think women
>particularly think of killing when they think of warriors and so miss the
>point of the other part of that role.  We are all workers in thespirit,
>whether we are nurturing, or battling evil or whatever.  Rather like worker
>bees in a hive, we work together as a group to accomplish the same overall
>purpose.

Yes,  Jule. The "point" wasn't missed....and I'm glad mine wasn't either.  I
have a beautiful piece about Warriors, and every time I read it, despite the
beauty within it, that negative connotation/semantic thing just keeps
getting in the way for me.  It definitely is a gender thing.  But I consider
my sensitivities to that to be important ones, as well.

>On teenagers:
>
>I've just graduated from 3 of them thank God!  There were times when I
>thought it would never end.  It does occur to me that we need a
>personality/ego before we can go behind to the real self.  It is a persona we
>need to wear to survive in the world, until we can find out who we truly are.
> That is what the teenage years are about.

Yes, I feel the same way.  Amazing that one spends considerable energy
growing up developing, perfecting, becoming comfortable with one's
'ego'/personality only to learn how important and necessary it is to
transend it later on.  Much could be

>How did I survive, Love,tolerance patience, humor and more love etc.

>I would frequently say I love you to them, even though they'd say Yeh I know
>ma, very disparagingly and go about their business.  But you would see the
>back staighten a bit every time. They need to know we are on their side.

Yes....fortunately with my first teenager he accepts Love easily.  The back
straightens and the eyes soften.   This, to me, is a gift.  I think we
all can't hear those words enough in our lives.  I wonder now why so many in
the past found it so difficult to say them.

>I always discussed spirituality with them, took them to different groups over
>the years.  They ended up with a kind of smorgasbord.  Every problem that
>came up I discussed in terms of how to solve it on a spiritual level. I'ts
>important because they don't get any of this outside often. But most of all I
>was a sounding board who tried to stay as non-judgemental as possible,
>despite being their mother.

Jule, how fortunate for you that you had this awareness as they were growing
up!!!  What lucky kids!  I had most of the "pieces" but the framework of
spirituality (not sure that's the right way of saying what I mean, but I'll
leave it be) wasn't fully formed in my own mind until the K stuff about 4
years ago.  It's wonderful to watch them kind of glom it all up and absorb
it,  You can see it stretches them when talking about it.  In a really nice
and genuine way, too.  I think that might even be partly because they don't
get it anywhere else.  And partly because they see the importance of it to
us as reflected in how we talk about for what it gives us.  My teenager has
always been borderline irrational 'against' any form of organized religion.
Funny, cause I was raised Unitarian, but chose not to have my children join
any formal religious affiliation when younger.  Butm he not only grasps but
seems comfortable with the spiritual approach and perspective to Life and
the big U.  After all, it certainly satisfied the 'logical' when one is 15
and seeking answers to very metaphysical thoughts.  In fact, the timing
probably couldn't be better for having this kind of dialogue with our
kids....no?

>Recently theyv'e told me they were glad they were brought up to think for
>themselves because it's a very good foundation for life.  They also aren't
>afraid to explore their own religious beliefs.  In the past we were expected
>to believe what society believed about everything, religion, customs,
>politics etc. It was shocking to be different. Hopfully this is all changing
>for the better.

Hallelujah, pass the wine.

>The ego:
>
>I agree that the ego is put upon us by other people.  Don't do that, think
>this etc.  It's social and parental conditioning that forms it.  A young
>child has no ego, it just is.  this is why spiritually speaking, the aim is
>to become a child again.  We need to get back to who we were before the
>conditioning took hold.

Yes.  Intersesting that the child's lack of developed ego also seems to
include the need/necessity to strike out at all hypocrisy directly.  No
sliding in the side door, meekly.  How often as adults do we relate to
wishing we could through a temper tantrum when confronted with some of
life's horrors and disparities.  Watching teenagers struggle with it is such
a poignant reminder to adults at just how much we've buried in order to
survive/function.  Rather than challenging us as 'authority' they're really
challenging us to remember the Idealism we once had almost effortlessly.
The k, of course, gives us that glorious "childhood" back in an enlightened
form.  Phew.  Amazing

>One of the ways I work on this is to watch my thoughts yes,.  but in a
>particular way.  when I hear myself saying you OUGHT to do this or you SHOULD
>do that I go whoo.
>those 2 words are the sign to me that this thinking is not mine it comes from
>conditioning form wherever, and I have to look at it closely.

shoulda woulda coulda........the only words I'd vote to be censored from
Webster's

>Doing this over the years has made me slowly realise who I am, I'm still at
>it of course, but it has helped me strip away a lot of conditioning.  Before
>I did this I didn't like myself very much.  That was because I was being
>someone else, a product of the conditioning.  As I have worked this way, I've
>been able to be more my true self, whatever that is, and i like it much more.
> Why?  Because it may not be anything special but it is genuine..

"Special" doesn't begin to evoke the incredible Beauty relfected off a
genuine (I say that like I'm southern, which I'm not...gen u WHINNNNNNE)
Soul.

>Love to all Jule

Love in return,
Wend

Leap and the net will appear.
http://www.tiac.net/users/wenders
___________________

  Don't take advice, take a chance, roll the dice, learn to dance.
	                 - David Wilcox
___________________

2 Date: Thu, 15 Aug
From: ijuster <>
Subject: Re: children

>Is This a Spiritual Line or a Sex advertising via???
>I can't believe that people who want to find out about kundalini awakening
post
>things about having sex with children....Why don't the perverted people go
to a
>porno mailing group and enjoy your aberrations...????
>Whoever sends these messages probably don't have Kundalini awakening, that
is a
>spiritual force that converts the awakened ones into more ethical, loving,
pure
>people.....
>Hey really....what's going on?????????

This is an open, public forum on the discussion of kundalini.

Kundalini may influence us spiritually, phsyically, emotionally, mentally,
and many other ways. All areas are therefore legitimate topics of discussion.

Your post left me with some questions that I believe could use some
clarification:

What post are you referring to? Is it any more risque than something any
child can read about in the newspaper, at a magazine stand, watch on a
movie, and/or hear other children and adults talk about?

Are you the new ethical monitor of the group?

Your point about being more loving seems obscured when you call other people
perverts. I don't feel that anyone has written in that has had any intention
other than to share from his or her heart about his or her experience. How
loving are you of people who are different from you in any way?

What is your definition of ethical? Must we all follow it?

Do you believe in censorship? Does it bother you that Hitler became so
powerful by seizing control of all the media and censoring all but his
message? It was not free speech that led to Hitler, it was the suppression
of free speech. And the judgement that all who were not like him were
inferiors and  perverts.

(By the way, he did not just go out and kill Jews. He attacked many groups--
religious, ethnic, and social--until there were not enough people left to
stop him. Had people stopped him sooner, there would not have been the
ability for him to go as far as he did.)

Do you think we should teach people to hate in the name of love?

Have you been listening to people discuss how the kundalini is about getting
us to drop our judgements and see the light in others?

Do you think we are all perverts, because we haven't stopped this alleged
violation, or just some of us? Upon what do you make your judgement?

How long should everyone's rights be threatened by this thing about
"children's rights" on the net? Sould intelliegent, growth and
learning-oriented adults be forced to communicate at the level of Sautrday
morning cartoons to protect children? Do you have Net Nanny? It costs $19.95
(though there are free ones too)? This would allow you to screen for
messages you do not wish to hear. Do you think you might want to use Net
Nanny before reading this list?

Could you hit the trash key when you saw an offensive message? Could it be
that beneath your surface outrage, you are interested?

Do you think that you will only grow by hearing what you want to hear? Could
there be any value in viewpoints of others that do not agree with you?

Do you think other people have feelings? How safe will this list be if
judgemental people come on and insult others who only shared from their
hearts and meant well?

Do you believe in courtesy & kindness? Do you think that there are ways to
express your opinion legitimately and non-judgmentally that leave the lines
of communication open, and that leave the recipient glad to have heard from you?

What do you have to say that would be a positive contribution to the group?
I would be far more interested in hearing that.

Nameste (the spirit in me says hi! to the spirit in you) in a place of love
and friendship.

Love, Patti

3 Date: 15 Aug