Date: Sun, 28 Jul kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 70
1
From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: Fwd: newly connected (I hope)

Hello Anne:

Oh I know just how you feel when you take in everyone's energy.  ugh.
and I know just what you mean about being fragile.  i have been working
on that for so long.  i'm finally making progress.  these days i spend a
lot of time asking for protection because i am a psychic sponge and have
trouble delineating me from everyone else.  welcome to the list!
Karol Ann

2 Date: Mon, 29 Jul
From: Anne Wright
Subject: Digestive problems

Dear Jai, I was just reading your story on the examples page, and I
found lots of similarities. I too have digestive problems (ulcerative
colitis) and would like to visit with you about your experiences in
the mental hospital, because my experience was also memorable. Most of
the people who worked there had graduated from the same program that I
did. I have a masters in psychology, which made the situation even
more ironic. The highlight of my stay was the other patients, and I
got to create a Mandala with ceramic tiles and things. This came out
pretty neat. I am trying to figure out how to turn it into a more
stable work of art--once it no longer brings up such fresh memories of
the hospital. Please write. Thanks. Anne

3 Date: Mon, 29 Jul
From: jmckinnonATNOSPAMcc.weber.edu
Subject: Re: Jewish Mysticism

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Richard Satin wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> The late Aryeh Kaplan published a number of excellent books - a few of which
> might be of interest to you.  You might want to look at Jewish Meditation
> for a start.
>
> There are some other books by I believe a Rabbi Philip Berg.  He had (has?)
> a lot of books out.  One was Kabbalah for the Layman.  For some reason they
> didn't appeal to me when I saw them at a bookshop a few years ago.  But they
> did seem very contemporary and specifically on Jewish Mysticism.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best wishes,
> Richard
> --
> libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
> Dreamtime lasted a long time, a forever within a forever.
> Aboriginal saying

Yes, thank you very much,

John

4 Date: Mon, 29 Jul
From: jmckinnonATNOSPAMcc.weber.edu
Subject: Re: From Jule--Various

On Sat, 27 Jul 1996 GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

> One book I like very much is called Words of Power which goes into various
> disciplines including Jewish and brings out the wonderful meditations from
> each. That is by Ester Crowley.
>
> There are also several I've read on the Kabbalah. You know many of the occult
> works are based on the Tree of Life, so many of them cross over into Jewish
> tradition. My book I wrote  called Good and Evil In Our Times looks into the
> nature of vibrations and frequencies so that one can read these materials
> without going off base. I have read many books including Alester Crowley
> which is the left path into mystical works, very low frequency, yet in his
> view the ultimate. Not. Anyway, let me know what you are looking for. Gloria

Just looking for basic info.

Thanks every body

John

5 Date: 29 Jul
From: DOROTHY BATES

Hello, Anne.  What you have been experiencing is shared by many.  Are you
familiar with Shared Transformation newsletter? It is just for people having
these experiences. You can get a free sample copy by writing to Sun Chariot
Press, PO Box 5562, Oakland, CA 946O5.They also have a Website on Internet:
http://users.aol.com/ckress/st.html.  Also, if you are not familiar with
Spiritual Emergence Network (SEN) I can give you their address/phone.  They
have listings of people around the country who are available to talk..people
who have had such experiences are called "Listeners," and there may be someone
near you.  Your experiences sound very familiar to me, I had similar ones
during my first Kundalini experience...and the intensity of thoughts and
ideas seems to occur to many. I am one of those "listeners" for SEN here
in New York where I live and have talked with many people with similar
experience.  There are a number of excellent books concerning Kundalini
and if You want the titles I will send.  Love, Dorothy

6 Date: Mon, 29 Jul
From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: New Beings?

I received this message last night by "accident."  Does anyone see
a connection between this and the Kundalini's evolution of our species?

***

Here's something interesting, by the author of "Zen in the Art of Close
Encounters".

  "The Institute for the Intensification of Non-Linear Intelligence  (INLIT)
was established in 1988 as a (501)(c)(3) no-profit corporation.  The New
Being Project (email gloveATNOSPAMwell.sf.ca.us) is a division of INLIT that
explores the possibility that our species may be headed into a rapid
evolutionary jump, one of comparable impact to the momentous leap from
anearobic to aerobic bacteria.  We may even be at a juncture where we can
'invent' such a leap.  NBP's present task is to identify and study people
who may be 'edgelings'; those who might give hints as to how to modify the
direction the leap takes.  We may indeed become co-architects in evolution:
A radical venture indeed.

   The paradoxical, mind-ravishing features of UFO contact may be paving
stones on the royal route to such a leap.  Hence this book."

7 Date: Mon, 29 Jul
From: ElmovolATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: newly connected (I Hope)

           Anne, I join with the many others who have already said to hang in
there, as that is what was told me.  Is it ever difficult.  I spent all day
yesterday just moping around and crying all day and trying not to beat myself
up too much about it, and just to let it flow.  Although I have not been in a
mental hospital, my sister threatened to put me there four years ago if I
didn't start to act "normal."  Now I can laugh about it.
Not a week goes by that I don't
think, "I must be crazy," "I must be going insane," "This is ridiculous."
 The thing is, so many people I know are going through the exact same thing.
 Some of them are close to 40, some are not.  Some have already had a
kundalini awakening.  Some have not.  But there seems to be the common thread
of depression, lethargy and a deep sense of sadness.
It seems like those of us who are psychic sponges are really getting hit
these days. A visualization technique I use is to surround myself with pyramids
of outfacing mirrors and a blue flame.  the mirrored pyramids are used to
deflect any negativity away down into the blue flame, where it can be
transformed into a positive force of the universe.  That's the first thing I
say when I get into my car and also when I get into a crowd of people such as
the shopping mall or grocery store.  I just say "Mirrored Shields and Blue
Flame, please."
I also seem to have been praying A LOT that I may always go for the highest
thought, the highest feeling, the highest words and to please, please let me
be an instrument of the good of the universe.
I too have read The Liquid Light of Sex and it is a wonderful book about the
Uranus opposition time.  If I was a betting women, I would also probably say
that you are also probably dealing with some other transits in your chart
that combined with the Uranus opposition is just about to put you in major
overload.  A good astrologer might be of some help in sorting that out for
you.
I feel with all the similarities of the people on this mailing list who are
going through and have gone through similar experiences that everyone is on
the "front lines," so to speak, of the new consciousness coming into this
planet at a very fast rate, and that when the mass of humanity starts to feel
this and they are dropping like flies in the aisles of Wal-Mart, that you and
I and everyone on this mailing list are going to be there as planetary
helpers and healers to guide others through this.  But to do that and do that
well, we must have experienced it ourselves.  And  from that experience comes
our empathy and compassion.

Knowing that we are not alone on this journey gives me great comfort and I am
truly grateful for all the souls on this mailing list.    Thanks, Christine

8 Date: Tue, 30 Jul
From: "A Psykick Warrior ov Gaia."
Subject: Re: Musical Q.,  Re: Newly connected (I hope)

Anne,

It was wonderful to read your posting. I am reminded of how I've felt before
and still do sometimes. A friend of mine ounce said something that I found very
comforting at the time; "Everyone has a fragile ego".

Conviction, trust, knowing.

Thanks to everyone who answered my musical question about feeling comfortable
with developing a talent (as *I* now understand my question! :-). It seems to
be quite important that everyone has some kind of talent through which they can
have intercourse with the divine (using those lower chakra's *and* the higher
ones :-). Personally I think everyone should have a pair of record decks in
their room but I'm very biased :-)

Barney

9 Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96