Date: Mon, 15 Jul kundalini-l-d Digest	Volume 96 : Issue 54
[1] From: cmwithATNOSPAMcris.com (Michelle Withers)
Subject: Lightworkers are amoung us :)

Dear all,

Michelle here.  I am SO please to see that we have many of the same people
I have seen on the lightwork list I used to belong to.  This list has been
having some VERY difficult problems with constantly being offline, and
redirected, and I have the feeling that it has truly been broken up now.

Please stay with this group for awhile, as you can all see - the energy is
VERY powerful with this group, and we would be a positive influence upon
this group  :)  No offense guys - :)  You are all learning to focus a very
powerful internal energy which is rising within your bodies.  On the
lightwork group we were all discussing the same sorts of energies you all
are here - we discussed healing, and herbs, totems, kundalini, obe's - you
name it!  :)

I hope nobody minds me mentioning it - :)  I know how hard it is to
remember everybodies names at the beginning of the posts - lightwork was at
one time almost 300 people, and over the past 6 months we have been slowly
breaking down, and at the last breakdown we were only about 75. :(  I can
sense that there are quite a few of us just joining the kundalini group.
So nice to feel you all.  :)

In light and love,

Michelle

[2] From: SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: On Snakes

1)  The symbol of 2 snakes mating, is the caduceus of the mysteries and also
the sign of medicine.  It looks like DNA.

2)  A light wave moves like a snake.

3)  Snakes shed their skins, a symbol of us renewing our bodies and life.

4)  The feeling of 'K' coursing through my body was similar to snake venom,
but it heals rather than kills.  Is it the poison of our dark side which we
learn to eliminate through 'K' ?

5)  We are carbon based life forms.  Carbon molecules arrange themselves in
long chains rather like a snake.  When they link with other molecules they
may form circles.
The snake swallowing its tail.

6)  Snakes are one long digestive system.  In nature we eat each other, or
hopefully in our case the lower kingdoms.  We also eat knowledge.  at the
beginning of the 'K' experience I kept hearing "eat,eat".  When we become
light based will we eat light,
knowledge and love?  Is this why some saints live on light not food?

7)  In UFO encounters, some of the greys had snake insignia on their
uniforms.  They also have no eyelids - neither do snakes!

8)  When snakes shed their skins their eyes cloud over, then clear up
afterwards.  Many of us who go through ;K'  have eye problems beforehand
which clear up later.

9)  Snake venom can effect the nerves.  Is this what the nerve pain some of
us experience is about?  Also for Christians among the list, cruxifiction
involves a lot of nerve pain.  The phrase about Christ being lifted up and
drawing all men too him has been interpreted as relating to the cruxifiction.
 But others relate it to Moses in the desert raising the brass snake on a
pole to cure the Israelites of snakebites.  See 'K' is in the Bible too.

10)  The Chinese year of the snake is associated with compassion,
clairvoyance, and charm.  Also lessons in forgiveness, superstitiousness (our
right brains coming out of the closet with all of our collective
superstions?) , and possessiveness.

11)  Snakes have a heat sensor in the head, is this the same as sensing
auras?

12)  Snakes have a Jacobson,s organ and so do cats.  This organ assimilates
air by tasting and smelling it.  (the breath again?)  It is located in the
nose-mouth region.  Both cats and snakes see at night.

This post gets all I want to say for now up to date.  phew!

I joined the list then was away for a time helping my daughter move.  Sothere
was a lot to catch up.

I am enjoying it.  I wish those who get frustrated and leave very quickly
would hang on for a while, even if they just lurk.  I sense that once we sort
ourselves out we will all gain a lot, no matter where we are in our spirtual
journey.

Much love,

Jule

[3] From: Natha Bhaktyananda
Subject: Von's inspiring experience

V487ATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:

> Aloha:  Natha Bhaktyananda
>
> I would like very much to hear your opinion on my brief experience...

	Dear Von,

Since I don't know if the account of your experience has also appeared on the
list or if it was for my eyes only, I will not copy it here. Nevertheless, some
details of it will be revealed through my answer, but I hope this will cause
you no embarassement. First of all, it would be important for me to know if you
have (before or subsequent to your chain of experiences) been *medically*
diagnosed with any major psychic disorder (I refer mainly to
schizofrenia-related problems). I hope you will take no offense in my question
(you can answer privately), but it is necessary to distinguish from the very
beginning between the pathologic and spiritual phenomena, since the solution
for them lies in two entirely different directions. Yet, they often can have
deludingly similar manifestations, as the studies of Sanislav Groff have
revealed -- I believe that it is him who has said: "The mental patient drowns
in the same waters in which the saint swims with delight!" This *something*
which makes the huge difference between the two is precisely what the East
calls "atman" or the Supreme Self... I personally (by some kind of telapathic
contact with you through your own account -- in Yoga it is called "samyama")
would say that yours indeed is no pathologic case but one of those extremely
rare instances where paranormal phenomena manifest; however, *it is not
possible for me to discern it conclusively* without at least a photo from you,
or some further dialogue. I am inclined to give credit to the perception that
your experiences arise as a result of a peculiar past karma and that you have
practised heavily in this field in previous existences (Tibetan yoga). What you
seem not to have known at that time is that there is not only *one kind* of
astral universe, but (roughly speaking) seven of them, each one corresponding
to the chakra through which one exits from the body. Since you are familiar
with the teachings of Yogananda, you can find clear references to these in the
chapter "The ressurection of Shri Yukteshwar" from his book "Autobiography of a
Yogi". That is the secret why not every astral experience is necessarily high
or pleasant; if one exits of the body say through Svadhishthana chakra, one
will the be *automatically* projected in the Svadhishthana-slice of the astral
universe, and encounters there the kind of circumstances and entities that are
specific to that frequency of vibration -- in our case, not too high! On the
other hand, if one exits the body through Ajna chakra, one may be projected in
"deva loka", and converse with the gods... That is why, it is first essential
to learn how to exit the body through one of the higher chakra-s, since they
are *exempt of any danger*. The ancient yogi-s used to do this by preparing in
advance through certain Yogic techniques, by using mentally adequate mantra-s
according to the laya-yoga system, and by focussing in the moment of "falling
asleep" upon the chakra of their choice. The second important thing is to
remember that in the astral levels everything is turning according to what you
think, and therefore it is very easy to escape any udesirable conflict; the
solution is not running, but *shifting (rising) the frequency of vibration*.
This is usually done by the mental use of an adequate mantra, which acts not
only as a "shield" of energy, but also "extracts" you from that reality, same
as you'd be taken out with an elevator; you simply change "wavelength".

However, the spiritual path may be a demanding matter, and if you do not feel
capable of coping with it for the time being (at the same time with your
car-driving :-) better wait until you feel strengthened. The good news (grin)
is that if this comes indeed from past karma (or as answer to your prayers),
there is no way back, so you will have to live up to it sooner or later; the
last thing our soul admits is betrayal of its ideals and quest, so better stand
up and fight, or else might get pushed... Looking forward to receive your
astral visit one of these days, :-)
--
Natha Bhaktyananda
Købmagergade 28, 2., 1150 K

[4] From: Royale Jills
Subject: Re: Epilepsy

Hi Ricard. I dont know if theres a connection but ever since i got my
computer 5 mos. ago ive experienced dizziness off an on.  Perhaps its
related to that .???? it may have something to do with eye or neck strain as
i have both since computing.Royale

At 10:16 PM 7/13/96 -0500, Richard Satin wrote:
>On sort of a related side note, one of my son's electronic games has this
>warning affixed to it:
>
>"Certain conditions may induce undetected epileptic symptoms even in persons
>who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy...If you experience any of
>the following symptoms...dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches,
>loss or awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement or convulsions,
>IMMEDIATELY discontinue use and consult your physician."
>
>I have experienced all of these (except maybe convulsions) many times in the
>context of this process of awakening - though I am in good health (except
>for these symptoms!!!) and have no related medical history.  If there is a
>link between epileptic type episodes and kundalini awakening, then perhaps
>the preponderance of computers and electronic games will launch an even
>greater percentage of the next generation into spontanous spiritual
>development, by the reverse route.  If so, then Sega unknowingly may be our
>greatest ally in moving the world into the next stage.  Strange bedfellows,
>eh?  (Sorry, I couldn't help that one...)
>
>Richard
>--
>
>.-

[5] From: Natha Bhaktyananda
Subject: Confusion in the light

Jule has written:

	A lot of things... :-)

No offense intended, and I do not know who has given you those "explanations"
(?!) about the "rattling heart-chakra", but I hope you will manage to "keep a
sense of humor while going through the process". First of all, chakra-s do not
rattle (unless you presume them made of cardboard :-). It is possible to
perceive some *subtle* sounds related with the chakra-s, but those are
*inaudible* by the ear, and none of them is rattling -- they are called nada-s
in yoga. Sometimes people can get deluded by various noises of the body
(breathing, beating of the blood-vessels in the head, noises of the ear-channel,
etc.), but it has to be observed that these have nothing to do with the subtle
sounds of the chakra-s, which belong to another plane of manifestation. Second
observation: chakra-s do not get torn, neither do they get "seated back" in
some previous position. I cannot deny that maybe you felt *as if* it was so,
but please try to realise that a chakra (and the nadi-s or meridians) are
structures of energy, same as a magnet is surrounded by a magnetic field. One
cannot tear apart this magnetic field, nor "set it back in its original
position". To bring such physiological images into the refined work of the
chakra-s means to hugely diminish one's understanding about their mysterious
reality; we can speak about: blockages of the channels, defective resonances,
impurities at the level of the chakra-s, and a lot of other problems, but to
say that they get displaced like let us say a kidney or so, is a large
misunderstanding. You don't have to take my word for it; please check the
entire tradition and all the great Masters, and you will get the confirmation.
Third observation: you seem to be one of those who believe that the "solar
plexus" is one and the same with the "third chakra". Please read my lips
carefully: IT IS NOT TRUE! This is a childish confusion  made by the first
translators of the Sanskrit texts into European languages, at the turn of the
century. I still cannot understand how it has been perpetuated for so long in
time! The original texts meant the "plexus of the Sun", because Manipura chakra
sets one into resonance with the energy of the fire element and with the subtle
energy of the Sun, but the Westerners in their eager desire to reduce
everything at physiology and at those things which their glorious science
already knew, have immediately jumped at the conclusion that "Sun plexus" is
one and the same with the "solar plexus" known from medicine. While it is very
true that *physiologically* speaking the solar plexus is an important focus of
nerves, in the subtle bodies the third chakra is located *at the level of the
navel*. Again you don't have to take me on confidence: any original Yogic or
Tantric scroll with drawings of the chakra-s can show you that it is so. So do
the witnesses of Shivananda, Ramakrishna, Yogananda -- you name them! And they
knew what they were talking about... And a final observation, concerning your
opinions about prayer and its insuccess; I will quote a little story (true
account) from the Sinai Codex no. 451 (6th century):

"An unknown old man has come one day to Mount Sinai, and on one of the paths he
encounters a young monk; during their conversation the young brother complains:
"We are in a dramatic situation, because of lack of rain, father". The old man
answers: "Why don't you pray and call for God?". "But we do, we even serve the
mass for this and it still does not rain", answers the youngster. "Then for
sure you don't pray the right way, says the old man. Do you want to see that it
is so? Let us sit together for a prayer." Then he stretched his hands towards
the heaven and prayed, and immediately a huge rain begain to pour, so that the
young man got frightened and fell to the ground. But the old man got shy by
such display of power, and he ran away in the wild."

Of course, there is a moral to this story...

With the hope that my observations will not be taken as wish for putting down
anybody or for nagging, but as mere contributions to the clearing of the truth
in the light of the tradition and experience, Spiritually yours,
--
Natha Bhaktyananda
Købmagergade 28, 2., 1150 K
Denmark
Tf.: (45) 33930858, Fax: (45) 33930668

[6] From: The Psy-kick Worrier ov Gaia
Subject: Lurkers on the threshold love nothing more like a long detailed thread about sex!

Just like to say I am not turned off by anything on this list! (partly in answer to;

> From: cmwithATNOSPAMcris.com (Michelle Withers)
>
> I am going out on a limb and suggesting that you are all
> turning many of us off with this discussion.  Have you noticed that there
> is no other chat except for this sexual discussion??

among others.

All this wingeing (for some reason I can't spell that! - read 'complaining')
why don't we just get on with it? I'm aware that people involved in kundalini
can be especially sensitive but if you're connected to the net in the first
place then you're going to be hard pressed not to have sensitive areas pricked
quite often!

Mind you there was one scary post a while back from someone with pigeon English.
All I can remember is "Warning, warning, pay attention you are babies playing
with adult things", which was coherent but somewhat scaremongering. Anyway I'd
like to hear from you again whoever you are (sorry, lost the post)!

About masturbation. I suspect that if one feels guilty about it then energy
will be lost. Also I know someone who works with k energy but seems to have
become obsessed with its ability to improve sex; it's a male power thing. But
saying that I also have to add, well, why not?

Bye

Barney

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL THAT YOU REPORT TO YOUR POST IN THE PRESENT MOMENT;

http://www.speakeasy.org/~z2013/home/home.html

Anyone for k on a global scale described by each geographical chakra point? See;

http://zeta.cs.adfa.oz.au/Spirit/world-power-spots.html

[7] From: ori^
Subject: OFF TOPIC Re: Lightworkers are amoung us :)

Hi Michelle and all,
This is off-topic, but since I heard about kundalini-l through mention
of it on lightwork-l, I feel it is related enough to mention the same here.

At 11:02 7/15/96 -0500, Michelle Withers wrote:
>Michelle here.  I am SO please to see that we have many of the same people
>I have seen on the lightwork list I used to belong to.  This list has been
>having some VERY difficult problems with constantly being offline, and
>redirected, and I have the feeling that it has truly been broken up now.

While it is true lightwork-l suffered some difficulties due to hard drive
failures, etc. it has now been moved to another site... as of yesterday :)
It would take an awful lot to break up what has been the lifeblood for
many of us.

To subscribe:
send email to:  lightwork-list-requestATNOSPAMeskimo.com
in subject:     subscribe

that's all.  no message, no signature file.

any questions or problems, please write to me directly (not to the list)

Thanks,
ori^

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled programming....

************************
*        ori^          *
*  mermaidATNOSPAMeskimo.com  *
************************

[8] From: Iver Juster
Subject: Gender differences in the k?

Natha,

Thank you for your patience in explaining your tradition to us. I always
enjoy learning everything there is to learn about the kundalini, and you
certainly bring a new perspective into the group.

Question: Do you and your lineage of teachings believe that men and women
can equally raise the kundalini? How do you deal with men and women when you
teach them? Eqaully or differently?

Thanks,

With love, Patti

[9] From: georgevATNOSPAMeor.com (georgev)
Subject: My kundalini

(Warning the following my contain something of sexual nature bu you may
be any age to read it.)

(Also note their will be come typo's becasue I am a actual Gen-X...)

I will tell you about the big awakenings...
Last year I was gearing up to do something I loved to do. I was going
to do model testing. This is where a fashion photographer goes to a
modeling agency to take test images to see who will be best suited for
different kinds of work. If a photographer is just starting out they
can ask to test models who are also just starting out to help create
portfoilo images to learn how to get better at their work. The first
step is to be approved by a agency and agencys will accept only the
kinds of people who seem right for the job.

I had problems. I lusted after models which caused me to worry too much
because I felt that they might telepathicly pick that up. I know that
they do. If you are worrysome you will create the restlessness in your
body language and people can pick that up.

How I over came my hindrences was unique because I worked through a
imaginarey spirit guide. My guide was a fashion model who was
experinced and who I could experiment with all my own ideas in my
mental world and also my visual/meditation world.

At first I created a affermational reader to let go of the problems I
had no sense to salve or to stop focusing and worring about them. She
told me to just observe all thoughts no matter what they were in my
meditations both rested and in real time. I also listened to a guided
meditation tape so that I had many types of distraction that I had to
observe.

I did a kind of stilling that I call the warrior breath and feel. It is
kind of like "breath of fire" a kundalini breathing technique where you
breathe in and out in short forceful breaths through the nose. I worked
the warrior as a hard fearless samurai warrior because I felt that they
seemed to be the best for the job. This kind of stilling is very
difficult if you have no guidence (now I don't even do it because I
have had the insight to take different paths to enlightenment).

Within a few days I was in no thought state and then from that I was in
a virtual visualtive meditation state where I could experiment with any
idea I had. I learned that sex and love where very important in the
creation of a image. I noticed that I could have a sexual thought about
someone and convert it to a friendly loving way towards anyone. I
learned that I can do any kind of photography because before I was
attached to the feelings that happend. With the insights I had my own
powerhouse to create the feelings to effect a situation.

It is like my saying:
Love: you give what you want because you are the one that feels it
first.
Lust: you take what you can get becaue you have become attached to a
form of excitment.

I found out that I could still have sexual feelings but I didn't have
to worry about them because I could convert them into a giving love
state. I could give more to anyone I worked with and that experince
made me more open to accept work that I wouldn't touch with a mile long
pole.

What has changed:

My reader has buddhist affermational ideas about letting go od
hindrences and the 5 precepts. I don't have affermations about
photography though becasue much of my problems came from
non-photography areas.

I do a TM like meditation but I use my own mantra and at the same time
do this meditation I listen to my guided meditation tape.

My areas of learning have come from many places: Buddhist, Taoist,
UFO's, Erich Von Ddniken: Gods from Outer Space, near death
information, paranormal information, creative visualization, Mutant
message from downunder, Past life regression information, kundalini
information, Self-Realization Fellowship information, being rased up as
a Cathlic and then recovering from that experince, SYDA Foundation, TM
foundation, Hari Kirshna foundation, Apple Macintosh, looking at mens
magazines as a early age, Loving foren films that express ideas
differently, Design and photographic industrys and disaplines, growing
up to early and then going back to being childlike, and others.

At the moment I am looking for easy ways to help people meditate and
awaken their enlightenment. I have been looking for a TM like
meditation that is free from the cost and confusan. See:
http://minet.org/ and http://www.trancenet.org/

I would like to find a strait forward way that cuts the bull. In
formative like printing class, "who invented the printing press..." Its
nice to know where something orginated but we don't have to live in the
past with confusan.

Oh! before I forget. I needed to pass thought what I worryed about and
that was sex. I became friends or comfortable with my own sexuallity,
then I tracended to true love, and with that I trancended to a
undiscriable state or that is what the Zen Buddhists say. It was like I
was high on the best drug and yet I wasn't taking any drugs. If people
only knew that they could get even higher with meditation then drugs
they would flush that trash away forever. The insights help you for
every part of your life and not just this or that. Insights give you a
whole lot of lovin' information on every thing.

Here is my web page to see what I have done, that is if you are
intrested.
http://204.137.163.12:80/homepgs/georgev/

george

[10] From: Garry Leon Hunsaker
Subject: It doesn't take all day to feel heat in a chakra

Being Wiccian myself, I have a real problem with anyone that calls
themeselves a guru. Among most all of the people I know, to let someone
else tell us the total truth, if there is such a thing, is equal to
denying my own sacredness. Yes there are some incredably talented people
among us when it comes to moving energy. But, their guidance is just
that. Guidance, not the whole gosple.

Something I have done myself, last October, was to recieve Rieki
atunment. Tough I have noticed that the affect of this has vaired more
among the people that recived atunment that weekend than I would have
imagined.

For me Reiki has been like opening a door on the Universe. I had some
healing ability manifest its self after the car wreck I nearly died in.
But, Reiki has opened a flood gate. Now my main task is to learn the
disiplin to go with the awakening.

For one couple that was recived attunment that weekend, it has been a
path of abuseing others. They have through the years, and even more so
now, been using there abilities to controll others. Sadly far too many
people wander into their path; untill they wake up several months later
wounded and wiser.

It has been my personal experiance that when someone comes on like they
have a direct conection to the sacred and you should follow their path;
your had better watch out. It is my impression that these people are lost
in the middle of a Shamanic awakening; and, are trying to live out their
path through others.

As far as feeling heat when you lay your hands on a certain area of your
body, just try this. Set in a comfortable possition, and place your hands
on your knees. Visualise your energy, or spirit (what ever definition
works for you), reaching out to the sacred. "In Wicca we have a tree
meditation we use". Imagine that energy flowing into you and down your
arms. In your vision let yourself feel that energy as it flows into your
legs.

If my feeling is right about the people on this list, I think a lot of
you are going to feel heat. The one thing I am working on myself is to
maintain this image of the sacred as I am doing energy work.

Well enough rambling for now. As I always try to keep in mind for myself,
be gentle with your self. Learn to laugh when things arn't going just
right, and more importantly when they are.

Blessed Be

Garry

[11] From: Garry Leon Hunsaker
Subject: Re: diversity and farewell

Well said.

I thought I was wrong once.

But, I was mistaken.

Garry

[12] From: Paul McDonald - Bon Air Branch
Subject: re:  GuruMayi

Stephen,

I met Gurumayi several months ago in South Fallsburg and it was a wonderful
experience.  I had darshan with her, along with several hundred other people,
the second day I was there.  I won a poetry slam that financed the trip and
when Gurumayi was told about that she smiled broadly, struck me several times
with peacock feathers and then had someone give me a bag which contained a few
gifts (my 38th birthday was also the same weekend).  I thanked her and walked
into the hallway to look at the gifts, one of which I could see was a book.  I
imagined the book to be a book of poetry or spiritual sayings.  When I opened
the book I saw that each page was blank!  She had also given me a gold pen
inscribed with the words "See God In Each Other."

For her to give me such a personal gift encouraging me to write was what I
consider to be an authentic moment of shaktipat.  I am speaking for myself
regarding the power of that moment.

Gurumayi has appeared to me in dreams and ocassionaly I'll get instructions;
most recently to chant the "Guru Gita"(the Hymn to the Guru) and to take
seriously the apparitions of the Virgin Mary.  I did a little research and
found that Gurumayi's birthday coincided with the fifteenth anniversary of the
Medjugore Apparitions.

In this list I've seen shaktipat described as having various visions and
sensations.  When I was at the ashram one man said you could tell when you had
received shaktipat because your life just gets better.  That has definitely
been the case with my experience in Siddha Yoga.

I'll be at the ashram during the week of the intensive.  At this time I'm not
planning on taking the intensive, but I will be involved in the SYDA Global
Conference.  Look me up if you get the chance.

Paul McDonald