Issue 37
 [1]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: Re: Spirits

Well, picture this one: second graders having to hear from the priest in
class that God can come and take you away while you sleep, like a thief (he
used exactly the word thief) and in the same breath he teaches you that Satan
is out there trying to get you at the next turn. It was my first experience
of detachment from my body. Everything went white and I got my awareness back
a few minutes later. Since we were all Catholics, I didn't have any point of
reference. Nobody would talk about clairvoyance and things like that because
it went against the Church's teachings. So I kept my mouth shut and refused
too see any spirits. I had to overcome a lot of bagage to get where I am and
I know that I still have a long way to go. I was also abused physically all
my childhood and that needed a lot of work to really let go of the resentment
and rage and emotional turmoil.

As you tell about vibrations, Bob Monroe talks of something similar in his
books, and in his last book "Ultimate Journey" he told about the beings
helping him explore. The only difference is that the man was really not a
religious person, so he expressed his experiences with technical words.

But I really believe it all boils down to the same great thing: Oneness with
the Universe, with God, with the Light.

Might be a problem in translation (my mother tongue is french), but what do
you mean by "aligning"? It just doesn't mean a thing for the moment.

Love to all...

>Snowbird,
>you asked me to tell you how I learned not to be afraid as a child. My
> early
>memories of infancy are clear, but what is clear for me even more is
> having a
>connection to the Blessed Mother. She would be by my side a lot a night.
>Around the age of maybe 7 I was constantly having spirits in my bed when I
>woke up in the morning. She had me go to bed talking to her, and when I
> would
>wake up with her on the other side she would show me how to read
> vibrations.
>Spirits are energy systems just as we are, but they can change their
>appearance to look like whomever we would be most comfortable with. There
> is
>always something wrong with it however, she pointed it out to me. And then
>told me even if she should appear to me, I should test the force, because
>through my life time many spirits would try to break into my spiritual
> space.
>She has been so right, I know immediately those that are fakes and those
> who
>are not. I know this sounds strange, but I have been in training all of my
>life to understand the invisible and how it manipulates the visible world
> as
>we all experience it. When you know this it changes how you see things, how
>you react or act, and how you communicate with others. You asked... Love to
>all Gloria

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

 [2]: From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: Betty J Eadie

> I'm currently reading Betty J Eadie's new book, "The Awakening Heart".  I'm
> finding it much more palatable than her first, "Embraced By the Light".  Anyone
> else familiar with her work out there with an opinion?

Yes.  I ready Betty's first book about 3 years ago.  I also saw her in
several interviews and read many book reviews.  It seems people are about
evenly split over whether or not she is truthful.  I believe that she's
telling her truth as she experienced it.

Interestingly, many experts believe that when one has an NDE that we
experience the religious archetypes that we were taught in childhood.
Not so in my case.  I was raised as a Southern Baptist but my experience
with the Light was like nothing I had ever heard of or seen before.

Karol Ann

 [3]: From: daljeet.sidhuATNOSPAMtempe.vlsi.com
Subject: Re: Dream of Stars

I had a similar dream 3-4 months ago where I am looking at the stars
in the sky with great awe and admiration. This goes on for a while
and then I see a lot of shooting stars/meteorites. I see one of them
coming straight for me, it barely misses my face and buries itself in
the ground near my feet. I dig it up, it is a solid peice of metal
which looks like a rectangle from one side, a pyramid from the other.
I put it in my pocket and walk away feeling very elated.

My Kundalini experience had already started when I had this dream.

-Daljeet Sidhu

 [4]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: Heart Chakra

>Gloria,
You asked me if i know of the healing crises.  Yes, as i am a naturopath
(ND) is know it very well.  As i recall it was a theoreical construct by a
l9th century ND which gained prominence at that time but as of now it is not
very much accepted by us.
  However, i dont get a real connection betwe3n that and the heart chakra as
that was introduced as a concept about a bodily reaction to healing and the
heart chakra is from the ancient sanscrit and indian philosophy.
 At any rate, my sadness is not from my personal life by only felt for
humankind in general for all the pain and suffering endured by generations
in the past , present and future lives.
Thanks for the advise anyway.  Royale
>.-

 [5]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: RE: Kundalini an Ocean?

John,
Kundalini is just like plugging in an extra 1000 volt battery to your charge.
Many people never experience it until much later, but some have brought the
kundalini power to life. Just observe it, and ask to be shown yourself out of
the body. It is a real blessing because you will know you are not your body
or mind. Gloria

 [6]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Snowbird,
aligning means to me become at one or in harmony with. In the respect of
divine will it is asking God to become real to you in a direct way. And, in
this process to assist you to become comfortable with this energy. Patience,
understanding, and faith are extremely helpful through out this inner
awakeing. I know many people have experienced harsh circumstances in life,
but that is like burning off some of the charge from past karma. Just flush
it, let it go and thank God that you know to become real and personal to you.
The spirit thing is only a small part of the realization of what the
invisible world is made up of, the more we realize on this level, the more
aware we become in the world of matter. Spirit forces are light and dark, and
they love to manipulate and remain hidden. It's like breaking their code,
once its accomplished everything becomes clear. Gloria

 [7]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Fantastic dream Daljeet,
These are the dreams that I call consciousness dreams. You have many kinds of
dreams but these always stand out because they are made from a higher
frequency. This one is telling you that your life is changing quickly, the
rectangle and the phyrmid are both spiritual symbols that are announcing that
the spiritual world is at your feet. Keep open, dreams, books, people all
will be there pointed the way. God Bless, Gloria

 [8]: From: kentATNOSPAMgatezone.com (Spark)
Subject: Oceans of Kundalini (or Gone Fishing)

Gloria sings:

>... It is a real blessing because you will know you are not your body
>or mind.

  Or... you'll experience that you are all of the above and more at the
same time/space.

  It has been my experience that the linear demarkations (hmmmm... German
spelling?) that seem, at first glance, to make us comfortable are sometimes
just set-ups for further radical adjustments that might be taken care of
earlier if we could 'ungrasp' our linear 'up the spinal column' model of
the kunda.

  Shiva dances with Vishnu while Brahm looks on with a slight glint in His eye.

kentalloy

     Private Communication          GateZone Communications
   ___________________________
         Internet, network, database tools, and the
    training to make them work for you and your organization.
   ___________________________
   Kent Livingston      kentATNOSPAMgatezone.com         512.443.8855

 [9]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: Magnets

Does anyone know of a connection between these magnetic fields and the
frequently mentioned urge to take baths?  It seems like there might be
one.

Mary

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Karol Ann Barnett wrote:

> In reference to whether magnetics have any value in healing, I support
> Gloria's effort to offer this therapy as another who has gotten great
> benefit from magnets.  Until very recently, my magnetic back belt kept me
> mobile when my only other immediate alternatives were surgery or drugs.
> The magnet would have helped heal my back injury had I not reinjured it
> again recently.  I have ordered a magnetic pad, too, for a trial.
>
> Apparently the magnetics work on the principle that everything has a
> force field that retains its health and integrity.  When that field is
> compromised in some way, dis-ease or dis-order is the result.  Magnets
> help fortify our own magnetic field and bring back order and integrity
> that we may heal ourselves IMO.
>
> Karol Ann

[10]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: re: Swan Song

Jack, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Some comments:

>Looking over the many posts I see a great deal of mental activity going on.
There
>is an intense focus on "symptoms" of kundalini and what to do about them.

...My experience of you so far is that you *are* very mental. A more
empathic heart orientation might perhaps lead to joy at the thought that
those suffering with symptoms of any kind have found kindred spirits with
whom to share remedies, healing approaches, words of compassion and
encouragement...

>By focusing on the physical and mental manifestations of an essentially
>spiritually-based phenomenon, aren't we playing right into the hands of the
>ego, which finds full spiritual awakening dangerous?

... Who is the 'we' you refer to?... Isn't it your mind that takes the
kundalini energy and labels it as physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental?
If kundalini is energy, then it can manifest in many different ways, yes?
...But I agree, too much ego is dangerous. Too much of anything will create
imbalances. Perhaps to evolve, balance would be useful.

 Sure I had an
>"experience" myself, but it has taken me three years of trying to recreate
>that experience to understand that in doing so I had transformed it into an
>object of mental desire--which removed any chance of it happening again.

...Many of us here have had the same responses to our kundalini. Awaken it,
awaken it again, leave it alone, what to do?

>Our culture places a great deal of value on the individual and on individual
>experience.  Culture (as in Western Culture, or Eastern Culture--not the
>opera) is the most base and basic form of consciousness in my estimation.
>Cultural values color every discussion including my own.  But the "I" framed
>through cultural membership is the antithesis of the "I am" of spiritual
>unity.  As soon as we feel compelled to demonstrate our membership in the
>kundalini "club" with our knowledge or questions we have accepted the mantle
>of mental activity and stepped away from emotional purity (i.e.,
>unconditional love and acceptance--including of oneself), which I think is
>the power of kundalini and the cosmos.

...Unconditional love and acceptance would allow everyone on this list to be
exactly who they are, perfect as is, no matter what they did, no matter how
emotionally impure they were.
...You emphasize the superiority of eastern cultures. Here the "I" alone is
not as important as  the "I" that relates to the group, family, ashram, etc.
Very few people actually live alone in caves.
..."I" and "not I" are two sides of the same coin. The deeper level would
contain them both.

>One trick is to recognize the ultimate illusion of our need for group
>membership. Do we seek personal validation from others?  Do we thirst for
>knowledge?  When we can weigh our needs against a larger spiritual purpose
>we can see if our participation is constructive and transforming, or simply
>an ego-driven ruse to keep the mental in high gear and in preeminent
>conscious position. The validation aspect has always been graciously and
>Divinely given, but the ego keeps us blind to this truth.

...People have lived tribally for most of time. It is in our genetic wiring
to coexist in groups. It is lonely and unnatural not to be in groups. In
groups, we have the power to help one another out, to remind each other of
the light, on those days where we ourselves forget to see it.
...In  groups, we get many  mirrors, many lessons, and many opportunities to
give love to others, if we are lucky enough.

>As you can see, I am struggling greatly with the importance of self and
>meaning within this physical state.  I am also struggling to learn to
>release any importance my mind wants to give to bodily movements, ticks,
>pains and moments of ecstasy, because giving them significance is probably a
>deceit of my ego, used to draw me away from the spiritual state.

...Yes you are not alone. I am struggling too, in my own ways, and so are
many others here.  Perhaps there are some here who can support you in
learning what you want to learn.

I employ
>one axiom to try and keep it all in perspective:  Fear is illusion within
>the eternal state of unconditional love.   I am trying to learn to give no
>importance to the raising of kundalini or its symptoms, but to accept
>whatever occurs as the natural outgrowth of a life becoming attuned to the
>loving energy out of which it all is manifest.  I think what kundalini is or
>does follows its own appropriate path within this context.  That's all...my
>best to you.

...Thank you for the gift of your perspective. I think it is a beautiful and
inspiring thought, to stay in our heart and out of our judgements. To
surrender to the flow...

Love to you and all, Patti

[11]: From: Mary Knapp

John,

The Silva Mind Control method is to say in a meditative state, just before
falling asleep "I will have a dream about X and I will remember it and I
will understand it."  That's about all I recall about it other than the
fact that it worked very well...almost too well at the time. There would
be a more complete description in the book.

Ah, you could program a dream about your dream.  How interesting that
might be.

Mary

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, John Halonen wrote:

> I had this dream alot and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it
> might mean.
>
> Standing in the kitchen, I was looking out the window into the west sky and
> there were some stars and then
> a shooting star or a UFO would blaze through the sky.  Next I would find
> myself outside staring up at the sky
> that was filled with a billion bright burning stars.  They were in all sorts
> of patterns such as horses and different shapes.  I would stare up and then
> the whole sky would start to spin with all of these beautiful patterns
> turning round and around, and it would keep building up speed.
> This is how I remember the dream ending.  I would usually wake up
> remembering how beautiful the dream had been.  And my energy would
> definitely be higher after these dreams.  And I would be like, "I know I'm
> supposed to get something from this.  What is it."
>
> Thanks for the help in advance.
>
> John Halonen
> halonenjATNOSPAMix.netcom.com

[12]: From: Swenson O
Subject: Re: Remote Healing

Dear Jim.

Remote healing is a lot like praying for someone to get well.
If it is to happen then it will happen regardless of one having
been given permission.  Do you need permission to pray for people
that are in need?

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Jim Cook wrote:

> I 'm sorry to be off topic but my best friend is in the hospital.
> She had a lung removed and she almost died during surgery.
> Someone told me that one shouldn't attempt remote healing without the
> persons permission.
> If she is in a coma, she can't give permission.
> What should I do ?

[13]: From: Swenson O
Subject: Re: fresh k topics

Dear Martin.

Thank you for placing your points for discussion before the group.
I find the issues that you have placed before us of a central
significance in a group that seeks to deal with issues relating
to kundalini.  I place my perspective before the group for
discussion and hopefully more imput from others.

Q1.  What is spiritual evolution and where does k fit in?

Spiritual evolution is a process where-by that which was without
the necessary energy experience has been provided with an energy
environment that is appropriate to facilitate cultivation of the
necessary experience.  Spiritual evolution is the process where
that which was the lesser is given opportunity to cultivate the
qualities which allow it to become the Greater.  Spiritual
evolution (as concerns man) is the arena which allows that which
is a lesser god (all relative) to become a Greater God.  The
destiny of humanity is to become a part of the God-head.

Q2.  What is the purpose of consciously raising this energy beyond
where it normally operates?

The raising of the kundalini is a natural evolutionary process
that takes place over an extended period of time as a direct
consequence of progressively heightened vibratory quality of
a person's three lower bodies.  Through the evolutionary process
the kundalini energy slowly, safely and continuously increases the
flow of pranic energy through the various energy centres of
an individual.

The purpose of consciously raising this energy beyond where it
normally operates is to increase the energy flow through the
energy centres in our three bodies and to facilitate greater
capacity of the innate attributes of the energy centres in
question.  As was said before, when this process takes place
through the evolutionary process the stimulation is facilitated
by the vibratory quality of the individual in question and the
process is quite safe.  When this stimulation is forced through
so called "spiritual" practices that in many cases have nothing
in common with spirituality, an imbalance between capacity and
quality will develop.

The kundalini energy is no judge of character and having managed
to stimulate this energy is no indication of the spirituality of
the individual in question.  What can happen when this awakening
takes place is that due to the increased potency of the energies
flowing, an individual's "good" qualities are magnified
substantially and indeed that person may become a very spiritual
person.  On the other side of the coin is the fact that the
kundalini energy is no judge of character and the "bad" attributes
of the individual in question are also increased in potency.

It is a fact that the sexual urges of most individuals are a potent
force in their lives and a force that stimulates various behaviour,
some not of a very spiritual nature.  When the kundalini energy
stimulates an individual's energy system that stimulation will also
take place on the level of the sexual life of the individual.
Depending on the "moral" preparation of the individual in question
that stimulation may have negligible effect, or it may become an all
encompassing quest of sexual gratification, or it may be controlled
at any level in-between.  This issue of control, or lack there-of,
is the main reason that individuals have been discouraged from
trying to stimulate the kundalini energy without the guidance of a
experienced teacher in this field.

Q3.  How does the human microcosm relate to the cosmos, and where
does kundalini fit in?

The human microcosm is a miniature replica of the cosmos, or the
macrocosm, on an energy level and there is constant interaction
between the two.  This interaction takes place through the medium
of the energy centres in the bodies of an individual, and the
level of activity of the energy centres in question determines
the quantity of energy that can flow through the energy centres
at a given time.

The issue of the kundalini energy entering the picture is
one of stimulation of the energy centres to a level of greater
capacity for flow, or interchange, of energies between microcosm
and macrocosm.  This is in essence a question of having upgraded
the processing capacity of the unit of consciousness that is
functioning in the three worlds.  It should be kept in mind that
just like the CPU in a PC no judgement is placed on the quality
of the data that is being processed.

Kundalini is not necessarily a "spiritual" energy as such, it is
more an "etheric" or bio-magnetic energy that stimulates certain
energy processes within an individual's energy system and by itself
will not facilitate either "good" or "bad" characteristics.  That is
fully and solely the responsibility of the individual in question.

Q4.  What is the nature of the K energy, and how does karma fit into
the equation?

Karma has nothing, I repeat, NOTHING to do with the NEUTRAL energy
of kundalini.  It has everything to do with the actions, physical,
emotional and mental, of the individual in question.  As was said
earlier all the energy of kundalini does is to stimulate the
individual's energy centres to a greater level of functioning and
there-by facilitating greater flow of "data" between the Greater
and the lesser, not unlike the difference between an 8 bit bus and
a 32 bit bus.  This is all it does.

All responsibility for actions carried out lies with the
individual in question.  That is why it has been said that the
raising of the kundalini by individuals that have not put in the
necessary groundwork can delay the spiritual evolution of the
individual unit of consciousness, rather than speed it up.  This
is why it is wise to proceed with caution in these matters, and
if the kundalini energy has been activated then to place upmost
priority on cultivation of character and moral strength.

Love, Omar

[14]: From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: The Ajna Chakra

A question for all -

It is a fact that if a person centers their awareness entirely in the frontal
lobe (ajna chakra) awareness of God results.  It is a scientific fact,
provable to those who wish to make the effort.  My question for the group
is this:  How To Center The Mind At The Ajna All The Time without said
near super-human effort?

  Without a doubt it is the fastest short cut to Infinity.  I have thought of
purchasing an electro-stimulator (a la accupuncture/light and sound
machine type gizmo)
to place at that pt.  I have also wondered if some form of biomagnetic

stimulation would work.  Any thoughts?
    For anyone who doubts the validity of this line of thought, remember,
when Sri Ramakrishna was practicing Advaita, His teacher plunged a
piece of glass into that very spot to force Him to overcome His attachment
to the form of the Divine Mother, screaming at Him, "Concentrate Here!".
And it worked, He sliced the Mother in two and entered into the Light & Joy
of the formless Lord beyond creation.  Also, Yogananda, when asked by
Kriyananda if Kriya Yoga (as taught by SRF) is the fastest way to God,
Yogananda said, "No.  Focusing one's attention at the ajna chakra
continuously is the fastest way.  But it is very difficult to do this."
    I tried Tiger Balm at the pt between the eyebrows but it just wasn't
enough to hold my attention there.     Any ideas, experiences etc along
these lines?  Once the mind is
focused there, the kundalini rises automatically, effortlessly.  I have seen
it, but only after extremely difficult, extensive practice of yoga
techniques.  There has GOT to be an easier way than 4 - 8 hours
of hong-sau technique or any other technique of concentration.  There MUST be...

[15]: From: Karol Ann Barnett

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Mary Knapp wrote:

> Does anyone know of a connection between these magnetic fields and the
> frequently mentioned urge to take baths?  It seems like there might be
> one.

Mary, I'll take a guess and say that because water is an excellent
conductor of electricity, that perhaps people are experiencing an
instinctive urge to use the water to help conduct the k-energy.

> > Karol Ann

[16]: From: hyperATNOSPAMhmt.com (HyperMedia Technologies)
Subject: the blue pearl

After all these years, I just learned of the 'blue pearl' which resides in
the Sahasrara chakra. (Muktananda)

The pearl is 'pure conciousness'. Inside the pearl is the macrocosm and all
is revealed to the individual conciousness.

Does anyone have more information on the Kundalini's action on this little
'gem', or the pearl itself.

Martin

[17]: From: DOROTHY BATES

I spent 3 years in a Western Spiritual Path which develops spiritual healers.
We learn in the path that the word healing incorporates every aspect...and that
the final "healing" is determined by something beyond us all.  There are times
when the true healing is leaving this body and going on.  That is determined
by something far beyond our understanding.  So, there is No reason not to
send light or focus on healing for your friend. The outcome will be determined
by what we call "Spirit." Your healing meditation may reach her on an
unconscious level. When I do absent healing for anyone, I usually end it
by saying:"To the highest spiritual good, Thy Will Be Done."

[18]: From: DOROTHY BATES
Subject: Re: Kundalini an ocean?

Dear John: I've had 3 extreme experiences with Kundalini and also spent 3 years
in a spiritual path and do spiritual healing.  Sometimes there Are ways to
manage one's energies.  I wonder if you have heard of the Chinese Yoga master,
Mantak Chia? He has been recommended very highly by several people who have
used his methods.  You can find his illustrated books in metaphysical
bookstores.  They show you how to use certain breathing exercises to balance
the Kundalini energy.  Take a look at them when you can, they may help you.

Everyone isn't ready for Kundalini.  We who have experienced it are, as one
friend of mine says, "the head of the pack." The human race is evolving into
higher levels of consciousness...from third density to 4th density, and in some
ways I think we are fortunate...perhaps we are preparing to be guides for others
as the Aquarian energies intensify.   Love to you, Dorothy