Date: Thu, 20 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest  Volume 96 : Issue 20
 [1]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: FWD: would like to hear your stories...

I am 33 and have been engaged in psychotheraphy and spiritual direction
work for the past three years.  A little more than a year ago, during
hypnosis, my head began to feel as though it were going to explode.
This was followed by uncontrollable and violent shaking.  Since that
time, I engage in hypnosis weekly or bi-weekly...always the experience
includes the body taking over. It always begins with a coiling energy in
my back which explodes into noncontrollable body movement.  This is
often accompanied by strange babbling, chanting, and intense pain in the
lower back.  My counselor has suggested the experience is kundalini
awakening.  WE have done a lot of work, and I have done a great deal of
reading about kundalini.  I am a skeptic. The more I read, the more
unsure I am of this whole thing called kundalini and where it's leading.
I would love to hear from others who have struggled balancing and making
sense of the experience in a Christian context as it relates to
psychological and spiritual growth.

--
libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
Nothing ruins a face so fast as double-dealing.  Your face telling

 [2]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Touchy subjects & an Introduction

Barney,
Sounds like you are getting a grip on things now. Just don't let your
thoughts and emotions run away. Gloria

 [3]: From: Mark Rivera
To: Paul McDonald - Bon Air Branch
Subject: Re: Shaktipat

My friend received Shakti from Muktananda. I have a video of him and
Gurumai talking. I received shakti last year from Anandi-Ma. They are
both mentioned in the book Daughters of the Goddess by Johnsen. I'm still
a novice, but would be happy to share experiences. I'm very interested in
learning about your guru. Does she ever hold public programs in NYC?
Please write back and tell me about your experience.

 [4]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com (Viviane Brisson)
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!

I guess your reply was in reference to my message about the waves I feel in
my face. I thought about that too and I tried taking anti-histamines and not
taking antihistamines, I tried desensitizing the mucous membranes with a
cortico-steroid spray, I tried homeopathic rremedies. There is no difference.
I still feel the movement when  I'm in a sitting or supine position. I first
thought it was caused by my sinuses, but the pattern sometimes follows some
energy I feel from the emotion centre up to the neck and then in the face.

The weird part is that energy going through my teeth and the feeling
something is pressing against my skin on the left side of my jaw.

>From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
>Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
>
>I have those same things, I use anti-histimes to reduce the swelling in the
>jaw, face and tongue. You do realize this is physical, kundalini also makes
>the brain swell. Gloria

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

 [5]: From: Melissa Ann Fornof
Subject: stuff

I have also experienced facial pressures, Snowbird.  Maybe not the same
way as you, but still in the face.  I have had the weird lip thing some
people have mentioned--only to me it felt more like a vibration than
electricity.  I have felt pressure in my left eyeball, as if someone were
pushing their thumb into it; although it was mild pain and quite
tolerable.  I have also felt a strange pressure outside my face that
feels/seems to me like another face, invisible but real and of the same
shape, pressing against my own.  I felt a strange comfort from this,
rather than fear which is what I would expect.  I'm not sure if this is
my "light body" which I have read of or something else--I just know I
feel the definite curve of a face and feel/sense that's what it is.  I
also have felt like someone's invisible hands were gently kneading my
eyeballs.  It is not painful, but to me is somehow relaxing and
comforting.  This is one of my most common experiences these days, along
with seeing dim color swirls through closed lids.

Speaking of which, I think two people have requested more info on the
vision I spoke of earlier.  First of all, the best I can explain how I
saw what I saw is this:  It was dark, my eyes were closed--but it looked
to me like I was actually seeing things with my eyes--that is, the images
were projected in front of my closed eyes like watching a TV; rather than
having images in my mind.  However, I can almost guarantee you I would
have lost the visions should I have opened my eyes.  Perhaps it was both
the "third eye weirdness" and the type of vision someone mentioned to
me.  {Again, I apologize for not always remembering who said what--there
are so many people on this list!!}  There is nothing much more to say
about that--except that I had the feeling that more would have come to me
if I had been in a position to receive it--more meditative, less afraid,
more accepting or surrendering, or something--I don't know exactly what.
 It was just a feeling/knowing that came after the vision.

I am not sure if this is what Richard is talking about, but I have seen a
white light out of the corner of my left eye.  Always with eyes shut;
never while open or during a non-meditative state.  But it to me is like
a big white worm or small snake.  I can feel it moving up and down the
left side of my face--by means of heat and pressure--before I see it.
Then I usually see a glimpse of it through the corner of my (closed)
eyes.  Sometimes it comes into full view--I can see the small white snake
moving up and down like a real snake would, bringing with it heat,
non-painful pressure, and a relaxed, drugged-like happy feeling.  I
always just assumed it was it a visualization of the Kundalini running
through my head.  I don't know anything for sure.

It sure is a comfort to me, seeing other people describe Kundalini
experiences that are similar to mine, although I have not read of them.
I thought the lip thing, the gray screens, and this white light from
seemingly out of the left eye were strictly my own experience, or just my
imagination.  Then I read of others with the same things, and my jaw
falls open.  But, I am glad.  Now I can say with conviction, "it's not my
imagination!!"

To Niles Rodrick,

A writer and poet by nature, I loved your poem.  It had special meaning
for me.  It shed some new light on a lot of dreams I've had lately, and
since Kundalini began.  I have dreamed I was pregnant, had a new baby, or
that my own son (now 14 months old) was undergoing a metamorphosis.
Although my "Dream Dictionary," which helps decipher dreams, has always
seemed to say I was undergoing some major change or spiritual growth in
my life, I never really made the connection until I read your poem.  Now
the dreams really make sense to me.  I guess I needed another writer's
perspective.  Thanks.  The poem was beautiful.

Now I've got a real weird point to make.  I read in a new-age book once,
just before Kundalini, that most people have had past lives; and that
some people in a past life made an oath of poverty; which is why some
people today cannot get out of poverty.  Well, I don't subscribe to the
past life theory, but I am open to the possibility.  At any rate, my
family has always been on, under, or near the poverty line.  Even after I
got married and had a child of my own, this is the case.  We recently
invested in a too-good-to-be-true-but-this-is-our-best-chance investment,
via credit card (we're both in college-they almost FORCE you to get a
card in college), and we've since learned that company is under
investigation.  We got took for $500 we couldn't really afford.  Does
anyone have any insight on this?  What about the "poverty oath" made in a
past life I read about?  I'd like to hear your comments.

By the way, more than one person, I believe, has mentioned needing a
"strong foundation" before deliberately trying to awaken Kundalini.  What
do you mean by this?  What do you suggest for those who want to?  How do
you know which teaching or path to follow, with so many out there, if
your intuition isn't a strong enough guide?  Please, I need all the input
on this I can get, for both me and my husband, who has never experienced
Kundalini, but rather wants to.

Thanks to everyone on this list.  All the suggestions have been helpful,
either by showing me what TO do or what NOT to do, or by letting me know
there are options for me to try--I don't have to follow a specific
book.  However, that may be what some people need.  That's why I ask some
of the questions I do.  Thanks again.

Love to all, Melissa

 [6]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: Re: stuff

Dear Melissa,

As always, I really appreciate your honesty and open heart.

Just a few thoughts.

Regarding poverty, family and the like, your astrological chart can tell a
lot about tendencies, etc.   A good astrologer can draw up charts and help
you with this.  You might find it interesting to look into.  Regarding
"fate" or commitments from past lives - it may be true that you made an oath
in a past life that has carried over into now.  Yet, the nature of life is
that things are in flux.  Especially for those who are on a spiritual path,
there is a great deal which can be and is accomplished in life.  As a result
, "predictions" are not really valid, because we are capable of changing our
direction quite rapidly and dramatically.  If you are interested in
following this line further, write me and we can talk about it privately.

As for "being taken for $500", count your losses and move on.  If you learn
a lesson from it - namely, there's no free lunch - then the money (even if
painful to lose) will be well spent.  When I was in college I can't tell you
how much I spent on various hairbrained schemes.  Even though I knew better,
I couldn't help myself.  It's very possible to make a fortune in today's
world.  But not by answering a classified ad.  If it says, "Make money fast"
- then know WHO will be making that money.  Probably not you ;<.

It's not much comfort maybe, but at least you can rest assured that you
aren't the only ones who have been that route, sad to say.

Richard

--
libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
We often visited Ellen’s homeland, where our children had no

 [7]: From: Jai1008ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: K in a Christian context

To whoever asked fro kundalini info from A Christain perspective--here are
some relevant scripture, bible quotes--go figure:
"And I will turn my hand upon thee and purge away thy doss, and take awat all
my tin: And I will restore thy judges as at first, and thy counsellors as at
the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called the city of righteousness, the
faithful city." Isaiah 1:25
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me
is mighteire tha I , whose shoes i am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize
you with the Holy gohst and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will
throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat up into the garner; but he
will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." Matt 3:11
oops my neighbor droppeed in, so I have to stop for now--here asre some
biblical themes you might look up and read on--baptism of fire, resurrection
(yes you get resurrected too, that is the point of Jesus, and you don't have
to die first, that is also the point), all things being made new, annointing,
arising,etc.. good luck, why don't you paray about it?
I would suggest

 [8]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Snowbird,
Gloria again, I have had that exact same thing for about 8 or nine years, it
feels like it is in the bones of your face and in your teeth, plus pressure
on the side of your head, right? I finally went to the doctor for that one,
it was allergies, I had become sensitive to everything growing, dirt, dust,
mites, etc. The anti-histimines are what relieve it and then working on your
immune system. Just check it out with an allergist to be certain.

 [9]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Melissa,
The vow of poverty is an interesting concept, however, having had that in one
life as a yogi or religious, doesn't mean that the soul wouldn't come back in
a different capacity for growth in the next. It may be old tapes playing that
need to be brought into a neutral zone so that the forces come together to
change the pattern. This is generally what I've seen. I worked with 13 teen
age foster children in my twenties, those kids who came mostly from poor
homes are quite interesting now as they pull themselves up from that negative
energy thought pattern and are finding out who they are. The girl we adopted
struggles with the past, but has made wonderful progress. You know it is the
old thing, think and create. You have to be very aware of what you think
because it puts the energy to work through your projection. I'll let someone
else guide you with the rest of your questions. Gloria Joy Greco GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
you can write to me direct if you want to discuss this further.

[10]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: welcome

hi. glad to see a newcomer so am i.  but ive had these experiences off and
on over many years.  not the shaking but ive seen many people get that and
also the jerking around.  Theres no explaining it as far as i can see. it
just happens with kundalini, but its safe so far as i know.

[11]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: new

hello! as a newcomer im reading the form. My  name;Royale Jills, age well we
wont go into that.Kunda first appeared to me at age 22. I didnt know wht it was.
But it was strange. Then at age 35 it came again in a big way. they decided
i was crazy and had me committed. bad scene. i was out soon however. Then i
had reoccurance every yr. for 2 more years, and then it tapered off. i had
the usual symptoms. (read Gopi Krishna). then i deliberately tried to avoid
it as i had had unpleasantness from it.  But again,yrs later, after feeling
fully recoupted i took shaktiput to try and reawaken it with support.  it
didnt work. so here i am writing to you all.
  i think i have changed mostly my attitudes.  they are more all emcompasing
than before and i am more aware of the whole picture than just my little ego.
  i still have alot to learn about the experience and what it means.  I
didnt get as much support as i had hoped from the guru thing as she isnt
living here
anymore.  Ive really no one much to talk to about it because no one
understands it.  So im hoping to find oneness in the list writers.  So far i
have.
thanks for having this list . i have looked for center, etc. but no luck. so
glad you are here. yours, Royale

[12]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com

Hello:

*	As for "being taken for $500", count your losses and move on.  If you learn
*	a lesson from it - namely, there's no free lunch - then the money (even if
*	painful to lose) will be well spent.  When I was in college I can't tell
you
*	how much I spent on various hairbrained schemes.  Even though I knew
better,
*	I couldn't help myself.  It's very possible to make a fortune in today's
*	world.  But not by answering a classified ad.  If it says, "Make money
fast"
*	 then know WHO will be making that money.  Probably not you ;<.

Yes you can rest assured that your not the only one that has been on this
route. I have a saying," you may know something and then you may realize
something" .  There is a difference.  People know intuitively right from
wrong, but they don't realize it.  Realization is something like waking up
and it effects your whole body.  Also how do you think a diamond is made? It
is made just by friction and pressure and not by tofu. Sometimes I ask myself
were are all of the extraordinary special teaches like maybe Jesus or Buddha
and why is every one suffering.  Then one day I was laughing at the thought
that the reason everyone is suffering and there are not many special teachers
around is just because that is what we see at our own level and our own level
is right here where we belong.  If we did not have any problems or suffering
then we would not be in this world at this time. Every thing is perfect. We
are where we belong to learn what we have to learn at this special place in
time.  It has been said that we  pick out our own parents and life conditions
before we are born in order to grow.  We can only make changes in this
physical body.  You can not change Karma or your conditions with out this
physical body.  It's much easier to just relax and fall than to fly.  You
should feel sorry for the very rich people that were born into a rich family.
 They had everything and could buy anything, but they have no idea of what
suffering is and to me that life is wasted. Every time you fall down just
remember that a angel is smiling over you.  You ask way is the angel smiling
when I am down here in the ditch with all of these problems?  The angel is
smiling because it knows that you will get up and when you get up you will be
stronger and stronger.  If you never make a mistake or fall down then your
life is wasted.

Have a nice trip.

[13]: From: "Alan K. Crandall"
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Okay, here's my story:

For background: I'm a 30-year-old male Wiccan.  I've been doing
exercises in psychic energy, astral projection, and the Silva Mind
control method.

Just a week ago (today), I was taking a nap, when I had a sudden burst
of energy.  I'd been feeling a little low (I'm having relationship
problems) when suddenly I felt incredibly optimistic and energetic and
powerful.  I felt GREAT!  Anything was possible!  I got in my car and
went out and shopped. Then, just a couple nights ago, while doing a
Silva exercise in subjective communication, a similar thing happened:
great burst of energy, though not quite as positive ... I started
whispering a bunch of gibberish, and sort of laughing, uncontrollably.
The next day at work, while sitting at the computer, my left hand
started twitching, rapidly.  It went on until I basically made it stop.
I discovered I have full control over this twitching ... all I have to
do is sort of mentally "let go" of my hand (or leg, foot, finger, head,
etc), and it will start.  To make it stop, all I have to do is decide to
stop. Last night, someone in my circle suggested that my Kundalini might
be rising.  They asked if I felt "a snake moving through me."  I haven't
I don't know much about Kundalini ... they told me it can be potentially
dangerous if not handled correctly. I'm not frightened ... far from it
--- I LIKE this!  I just want to understand it better and learn to
handle it safely.  Any thoughts or input for me out there?  Please
write!

[14]: From: Niles Rodrick
Subject: Kundalini

I am an egg
i r r e s i s t i b l y   d r a w n
to the light that shines in
through the crack in the shell

Kundalini is the process of metamorphosis from male or female to male
and female. Once this state is achieved, usually through meditation, one
becomes  whole and complete. Thus, one wakes up to their true nature.

Because the civilized world has decided that this shouldnt be so , and
ostracizes anyone who would be different from their belief system, it
has been kept rather well hidden, and transferred mostly thru word of
mouth.

It has absolutely nothing to do with religion, but rather is a normal
part of the evolutionary process,...which sadly has been interfered
with by our unwittingly putting up fences, because, we know better than
God, what should and shouldnt be. God being that which is

Mankind built a cage, locked himself in it, and wonders whats wrong?
Fearful of what he may find, he hides from his own shadow, in the sanctity
of his ego.