Date: Wed, 12 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 9

 [1]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: FLESH

What did you think this post was about when you read the subject tag?  If
you had a quick thought of indulgence, or lust, or some sort of
unwholesomeness, than there's a good chance that you've been influenced by
the dominant Western spiritual paradigm.

For 2000 years, much of the world has been operating under the idea that
there is a complete split between the body and the soul or spirit of man.
Most modern scientists up to a few years ago would say that the body is all
that we are - and that the soul is unprovable and hence irrelevant.
Christian leaders and teachers believed that the body was the root and
birthplace of sin or evil; and that the spirit - completely distinct and
superior, was the real essence of man though shackled to the flesh.  True
spirituality therefore meant harsh treatment for the body.  Only when it was
controlled and subdued could one find peace and joy.

The basis, if not the original source of this destructive view can be found
in the New Testament, in passages such as the following:

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"

"You must crucify the flesh with its affections/passions and lusts"

"It is better to marry than to burn (with lust)"

"I see two laws at work in my members."

(It's been a long time since I was in seminary, so forgive me if the
passages are not word perfect.  The essence of each is correct.)

It was not a very far leap from the notion that the body was simply a tool
to the idea that all of creation was also.

In contrast to this fearful and destructive mindset, some find it more
useful to look at the body as a four-fold entity.  The physical body is
joined with a mental body, an emotional body and an ethereal one.  All are
real, and all are completely part of us.  Instead of seeing myself for
example, as shackled to a physical vehicle (and thereby creating an
artificial rending or breaking inside me), I look at myself as a physical
being, as well as an emotional, mental, and spiritual one.  We (all the
parts) are connected, and operate together in unison.  Even this fourfold
division is simply an intellectual model to aid understanding.  There really
isn't and can never be conflict.

Rather than evil, my body is a great blessing.  Times of pain and suffering
in the flesh are experiences which have been given to expand awareness.
Like it or not, we grow through pain as well as joy.  There is an old
teaching that says that the souls desiring to leave the wheel choose paths
of difficulty.  Is it true?  I don't know.  But it gives me comfort, and
helps me to remember when the going gets a bit rough.

So what is this physical body?  Maybe it is the embodiement of the highest
part of us.  Decay then could be a reminder of the cyclical nature of all of
life.  Abilities rising and fading, but not eradicating the fact that we and
our bodies are one.

--
==== libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com ==== http://www.execpc.com/~libra/ ====
When the pain of loneliness comes upon you, confront it, look

 [2]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Jenny's kundalini experience

Jenny,
I saved your introduction letter. I will read it off line and answer asap.
Thanks Gloria Greco

 [3]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: re FLESH

Your comments on FLESH made me smile.
For years I have been teaching in the areas of sensuality, relationship, and
communication, for they are all very interconnected. As I have said earlier
somewhere, we practice the art of extended orgasm from a Tantric approach.
Lots of people want to learn how to create the physical effects of the
extended orgasm.

The older I get and the more we do this teaching, the more we focus on the 4
bodies: Mind, body, spirit, and emotion. Even though there is a physical
component, what people want more than a one-hour orgasm is to be made love
to. That is actually what they want the most. They want someone else to
reach in there all the way. That way they go the highest of all.

So our teaching is  getting less and less empphasis on the physical and more
and more on the whole being, with great results. The sense of play, of
trust, of connectedness, of soaring, will create the desired results more
readily than just physical technique. We really do show people how to open
"all 4 channels" of  connection. WHat a joy to spread this type of message
out into the world.

Love to all, Patti

 [4]: From: IAMBABACHUATNOSPAMaol.com

When I read the word flesh I thought about muscles, had a few pictures in my
mind from smooth exercised ones, to sagging tired, to cows, to lizards.
somethings mammals, animals, life forms have in common. I'm wondering how
many people had those images come up. I also think of the word flesh colored,
which is not really beige, or white, but it usually comes with a color in
mind. I guess flesh tones come in all colors, hues, and paradigms, huh.

I am new to this group. My screen name is iambabachu, friends call me Baba.
I'm happy to be here. Am working on a longer introduction.
with delight
baba

 [5]: From: jtracyATNOSPAMhalcyon.com (Jean Tracy)
Subject: Re: response to Patti's post on June 7 and a word on RC counseling

>>I would like to know how to deal with my migraines, which seem to be getting
>>worse and worse over time. I am reluctant to take drugs to prevent them,

>Initially she found a chiropractor who did craniosacral therapy who was able
>to help the cranial plates expand sufficiently to relieve the pain.
>Eventually though, she needed more help, and looked for help to a group of
>spirit beings who had been making themselves apparent to her as she did her

Just thought I would add that I also experienced head pains and went and
got cranial sacral therapy.  It helped enormously.    My hat size HAS grown
since then which my husband has great fun reminding me of (often).

 [6]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: migraine headaches

In Geneieve Paulson's book: Kundalin and the Chakras, she recommends
massaging certain areas of the head.  There is a diagram.  I found this
book at a fairly big Barnes and Noble bookstore.  The subtitle of the book
is: a practical manual. It suggests many exercises.

Mary

 [7]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Mary and all,
You can work at cleansing the bodies;  physical, mental, emotional, and
spiritual. Very often the mind has held certain thought forms that are
negative and causing a lower of your frequency. And, when the emotions are
 on a roller coaster, it  sets up the situation for holding on instead of
letting go. The bottom line however, is to keep the physical body as free of
waste and toxins as is possible. Meditate and ask to be shown what is causing
the imbalance. It will come to you. Hope you feel better. Gloria

 [8]: From: Richard Satin

Dear Listmembers,

I would like to apologise to any who were offended by my post yesterday.  In
responding to something posted earlier, I stated my case a bit too
stridently.

Particularly:
I don't necessary think that suffering in the body is a good thing; nor
profess to understand the causes or reasons for it.

I am not anti-Christian, only that part of it which longs to dominate and
convert the world to its own belief structure.

Also, my tone was all wrong.

Ironically, my post was just the sort of thing which I find offensive.

Next time I'll wait a few minutes before firing off a missile.

Forgive me.
Richard

--

libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
To seek after beauty as an end is a wild goose chase, a will-o'-

 [9]: From: Carlo Izzo

	Dear Richard, maybe I should not comment, since the tone of my messages
	is sometimes crude and direct. But I feel the strong need to say that
	I didn't find your post offensive at all. Not even in its tone. It
	sounded quite polite, instead (at least to me and Zana).

> Dear Listmembers,
>
> I would like to apologise to any who were offended by my post yesterday.  In
> responding to something posted earlier, I stated my case a bit too
> stridently.

	Stridently?!

> Particularly:
> I don't necessary think that suffering in the body is a good thing; nor
> profess to understand the causes or reasons for it.

	Oh, yes, you are right: I actually didn't like this point much,
	it's true. But the general sense of your post was clear, and it
	was correct (in my opinion).

> I am not anti-Christian, only that part of it which longs to dominate and
> convert the world to its own belief structure.

	Yes, I see it in the same way.

> Also, my tone was all wrong.

	I strongly disagree!

> Ironically, my post was just the sort of thing which I find offensive.  :<

	But why?!

> Next time I'll wait a few minutes before firing off a missile.
>
> Forgive me.

	Richard, your post was one of the best things I have read on
	this list.

	Ciao,   Carlo

[10]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: FWD: Jean Tracy - Introduction

Hi all

I'm delighted at the prospect of connecting with people who have experienced
the incredible transformative energy of Kundalini.  My first experience with
Kundalini came in 1990 before I had any idea what it was.  I had decided
that I wanted to develop my 'psychic' abilities and began visualizing light
clearing and cleaning chakras.

One trip to San Francisco proved to be very dramatic.  My sister and I had
visited a psychic fair - it was there that my body began to do strange
things.  It seemed as though it was vibrating up and out a foot or so from
me.  I just thought I was hyper-excited about what I was learning and could
ride it out.  That evening, I was just drifting off to sleep when I had the
sensation that my body was spinning rapidly - sort of like a pig on a spit.
Visions of two ribbon like shapes were twirling about my 'body' along with
the sensation.  I immediately thought of the Exorcist and was sure (half-
jokingly) that someone at the psychic fair was possessing me!  Then, along
with incredible heat sensations, a tube of light started rising up through
the center of my body.

Well, I panicked.  As it got to my throat and was about to enter my head I
tried with all my will to force it out.  The energy turned into a strange
bird which I later found to be an Ibis and came out my 'mouth', squawking at
me as it did.  During this time I was really unaware of my physical body -
this was all done through my third eye.

For the next few weeks I searched out people to figure out what had happened
.  Finally a psychic told me about Kundalini and I had a clue.  I searched
out every book on the subject and was left a little dismayed that I had
interfered that night.

This event started me on a path of healing through body work and meditation.
 I'd wake at nights with spine shudders, sure that we were in an earthquake!
 I would be in the middle of a simple task and suddenly be overtaken by
visions of the past - ie a priestess in a Tantric temple - and my body would
go into spontaneous poses.  One in particular sent me into a back bend - my
body disappeared into a stream of sexual ecstasy-like light and heat as it
circulated through me, into the ground and back up again.  I remember once
being on the edge of orgasm for three days straight before I called out for
mercy!

Many sudden pains and spasms came up as the process circulated through my
issues.  Like Judy wrote - I quickly learned that to relax and let go eased
any difficulties.  After about a year, I was lying on a body worker's table
when my body began to turn to fire and twitch uncontrollably.  My being was
flooded with the Kundalini fire and I followed it up into my brain.  It
swirled around for a time (seconds or minutes?) as I was eased into letting
go of my mind.  In that moment a brilliant light flooded my consciousness.
I say consciousness because there was something that was 'aware' - it just
wasn't my normal altered state.  The sense of infinity was there - no 'I' -
just the experience of 'being'.

At some point it felt  as though I were being ripped apart as I separated
from this state and was thrown into the darkest 'void' - it was so painful
that I cried out with all of me (who knows what the body worker was doing at
this point!)  From the lowest point came a tiny point of light.  It grew
until it merged with me - this time I was conscious of being me.  I opened
my eyes and wherever my attention was turned - I 'knew' it for infinity.  I
don't quite know how to describe this part.  I looked up and there was a
shadow on the wall from the light emanating from my body.  There was a milky
white cloud of light in my vision.  It seemed to surround my head.

For the next three days the light was there and it was very painful to use
my brain.  If I just flowed with my knowing I could avoid the pain.  Then
the awful part began.  Suddenly I could see all my own ugliness.  Each
action that separated me from the life force was very noticeable to say the
least.  I realized that all my old problems were still there!  This was very
frustrating at first because I had thought 'enlightenment' solved everything
.  Ha!  I felt betrayed.

Slowly but surely my mind came back to me and I began the long arduous path
of indegration.  I was lucky to be home with two small children during this
time.  Mothering activities kept me grounded.  The reality of their survival
kept me awake to the mundane.  This REALLY helped in the integration process
 .
Whoops!  This story got a little long.  I'll try to sum up with the after
effects.

Suddenly I didn't want any meat or alcohol.  I stopped drinking coffee and
began an earnest meditation practice.  My mind was ravenous for higher
learning and I devoured books - got a Master's of Transpersonal Psychology
and studied Astrology intensely,  I've found that the only 'desire' I have
is to be of service wherever I can and to fulfill my creative potential.
This of course is interspersed with painful personal growth experiences and
LOTS of refressions!  that was a typo, but I like it.  To refresh is a much
more positive word than regress.

Kundalini was a pretty isolated experience for me.  Something in me knew
that it was spiritual and that I wasn't psychotic.  It's great to see this
list available for people to connect with during such tumultuous times.  The
KRN conference is a comforting experience.  I'd recommend it to people who
are seeking out meaning for the process.

Oh, my name is Jean and I'm 40.
--
==== libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com ==== http://www.execpc.com/~libra/ ====
...and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where