date: sat, 8 jun kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 4
 [1]: From: Carlo Izzo
Subject: Opinion vs Fact

[...]
> As I read your reply to each of them, which states like fact rather than
> opinion, I find myself wanting to say, "No, Gloria, that's not it at all!"
> I do agree with some of what you say, but not all -- and I think that's
> true for each of us.
>
> This fresh, new kundalini list has great potential as a forum for people to
> share.  Perhaps it would be more approprate to start a "kundalini-a" list
> for advice, which you could host.  Then people could seek your answers as
> to what it all means.
>
> May I suggest that , if you really do want to explain these experiences to
> the people who post, that you reply directly to them, and not back to the
> list?  I think we are all pretty clear where you are coming from from what
> you have sent so far, and I applaud your candid, open nature.  I think
> there will be more free feeling of expression by the "lurkers" out there if
> we don't see a reply from you to each and every post trying to put their
> experiences in a box defined by your experiences.  Perhaps we learn more by
> simply listening, rather than speaking.  Time will tell....
>
> Aloha Nui Loa,
>
> Bill

	My wife and I are with Bill: we were a bit disappointed too.
	Even neglecting the lack of actual or useful information in
	those messages, we felt that such constant reference to God,
	the Holy Spirit, etc., was completely out of place. It is
	our opinion that kundalini is a solid fact that exists
	independently of the religion we follow. That is a personal
	matter, and we don't care whether you believe in Allah, Jeovah
	or Zeus. We know that there is a Meaning and a Purpose, in our
	lives in this universe, and we know that there is Consciousness
	that can be awakened at higher and higher levels - because we
	experience it every day with our senses. I think we are here
	together to help each others, to exchange our experiences and to
	discuss about them in a reasonable and - why not? - practical way.

	Ciao,  Zana and Carlo

 [2]: From: vetfindATNOSPAMinteraccess.com (Judy Kavanaugh)
Subject: chakras

Hi everyone,

Have any of you actually felt your chakras?  I have heard of a number of
people feeling them and knowing when the kundalini is piercing each chakra
and yet I don't have any sense of them at all.  Perhaps I am trying to
relate chakras to my perception of the physical body.

Also, does kundalini begin as a fire up your spine and then work to remove
blockages in chakras or does it remove the blockages and then race up your
spine?

Thanks in advance,
Judy

 [3]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Opinion vs Fact

How about this one. G

 [4]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Opinion vs Fact  Bill answer

Bill,
Sorry if you felt that I've answering to direct.  When I have someone ask me
about my experience I share it as it happens.  So many people don't have the
words to explain what is happening to them, at least the people who have
written to me.  So, I respond in the way spirit is directing me to. I'm sorry
if it seems unappropriate to you.  Things are never the way they seem. Maybe
you should take a look at that also. GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

PS It was my understanding that people who were just starting to experience
kundalini or had a number of years working with it were going to reach out to
each other.  If that is not the case,  to share direct stuff, the questions
would not be asked, would they?

 [5]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

This is interesting. Maybe we can see some of the stuff coming back.

 [6]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: Unidentified subject!

Hi everyone. My name is Patti and I have been enjoying reading the posts to
this list alot.

11 years ago I had a spontaneous full body kundalini awakening. It started
with a  pain in my left foot, progressed to the pelvic area, where it stayed
for about 3 weeks. Every symptom in the world: burning, ice, tingling,
itching, goose bumps, fire, snake bites, tickling, electricity... you name
it. I thought I had herpes, until it started going up my back, at which
point I was checked for major diseases. Nothing. The pain and fear grew more
intense. I would wake up and feel like I was plugged into a wall socket. I
was alone. It freaked me out. Night sweats, and a sense of dying. Arms going
numb.  Prickly stuff flipping from one part of my body to another, seemingly
at random. Way more symtoms than described here. Finally went through the
crown of my head, where I had a near death experience. Went into the white
light, all of that. I definitely emerged a new person, in present time, in love.

It came down the  front of me, stopped in my abdomen, about 6 weeks after
the whole thing started. For the next 9 months it cycled so continuously
through my body that it never stopped for a moment. After that, it became an
occasional thing. Now (especially around my periods) I get terrible
migraines, burning, strange bumps and blisters in my pelvic area (I have no
STD's and no herpes), and strange, wild moods. My sex drive is very high.

I changed dramatically as a result of the awakening. I found love.  I became
very popular without trying and very eager to live life fully in every
second. I didn't find out about kundalini for 3 years. I was so relieved. At
least then I knew I wasn't going to die and didn't have a contagious
disease. Just knowing what was going on has been a great blessing.

I enjoy this group a lot already. I related to the person who said that when
he feels his symtoms, he pauses to appreciate the kundalini, for that is
what I do. (Appreciation makes more sense than fear, which is what I might
feel otherwise.) We might as well, it is here for good as far as I know. It
brings havoc on one level, but also great consciousness of love and
compassion and healing.

I would like to know how to deal with my migraines, which seem to be getting
worse and worse over time. I am reluctant to take drugs to prevent them, for
I have heard that resisted kundalini is far more dangerous than when one
lets it just do its thing. But, my migraines are so bad that at times I
couldn't even be moved to be taken to an emergency room. Now with Imitrex
and painkillers, I cope, but I have to keep telling my doctor something
about what I am doing about this situation ....

I am very heartened to communicate with others who have had experiences. I
find we have the ability to "juice" each other in a positive way very
quickly. At least that is what I have discovered in person.

As for spirit, I am involved with Tantra. I practice extended orgasm with my
partner, often for an hour a day. It is something that brings me into the
light any time I want. TO me, to have that (going ito the light) as an
option is the greatest miracle of  all.

THanks everyone for listening. THIs is the first time I have ever posted to
a group. I hope to get to know you all. Love, Patti

 [7]: From: Melissa Ann Fornof
Subject: (no subject)Kundalini, the world, and me

Hello, everyone,

First of all, I'd like to answer the questions Richard suggested as
common interest communication starters.  I am 22 years old, obviously
female with the name Melissa, and I guesstimate my first Kundalini
experience began about 6 months ago.  Maybe a little sooner or later; it
was during the school year is all I remember precisely.  My first
experience, as I described in my first posting, was the buzzing that
seemed to hover over me; and then went from ear to ear, all the while
causing my scalp to burn with intense but not painful heat.  Also, my
third eye chakra center between the eyes burned just as much.  I've had a
lot of other stuff since.  As far as eating habits are concerned, there
has never been any major change, but during my first round of Kundalini
experiences, I did notice that it was getting harder to eat meat--and
I've always been a shameful carnivore.  The most noticeable was that
suddenly, I could NOT EAT pepperoni.  It nauseated me, when I used to
love "pepperoni lover's pizza."  For that period, I had to pick the
pieces off my pizza and blot the rest with a paper towel to eat it, or
order a cheeze-only pizza.  Meditation--I never followed any guide.  As I
told a fellow list member privately, the Kundalini has been my guide.  I
might be lying on the bed with hands at my sides.  Then I will feel a
second, "invisible" set of hands in another position that seem to also be
attached to the flesh arms.  It pulls at me, as if to say, "move over
here."  When I then move my hands to that position, it then "feels right"
and is usually more comfortable.  My overall meditation technique is to
lie down in a comfortable position, concentrate on relaxing, change
position as the Kundalini directs, and just take note of whatever
happens.  As for service to others, I have always been very softhearted
and want to help everyone in the world who needs it.  I have done most of
my helping by one-on-one "counseling" with individuals I encounter and
befriend.  I have a lot of insight on some common troubling issues
through personal experience.  I used to think there was no deity or that
he/she/it was evil.  Then I realized later on what a strange blessing in
disguise my torture was--I discovered because of the (what I call)
tragedy that I was far stronger than I ever imagined or gave myself
credit for (I have always thought myself a huge wimp); I discovered that
there really are people out there who know how to look beyond the
outside, the past, the human "sins", and see the person inside--even to
love them.  (Here I speak of my wonderful husband and a few old friends.)
 I also discovered, perhaps most importantly, that because of my ordeal,
assisted by my natural communication skills, I was able to help people in
the same or similar situations.  I helped several people discard
crippling guilt and self-hate feelings that I'm no stranger to by telling
them my story and giving them sound advice that is best given and the
most accepted (by others) by someone who has been there.  I never
realized what a gift I really had until I saw the healings I was the
initiator of.  (Do you guys follow me or am I too vague for you to
understand what I'm talking about?  Please let me know.)  Now I am
basically a hermit.  With no apparent intuition about people, my
sensitive heart has landed me more heart-rippings than I care to
remember.  I can't trust people face-to-face any more, with no intuition
to guide me.  I know there are more people I can help out there, but I
just don't have the courage to put my heart on the line again in order to
find them.  This leads me to the another of Richard's questions--what do
I hope to get out of this Kundalini experience.  One thing is
intuition--to know who is in need of help and/or would be a good friend
and who is out to use me or hurt me.  Also, I hope to gain psychic
ability--I would like to be able to foresee accidents and the like that
would otherwise seriously hurt or kill someone I love; I'd like to be
able to protect my family by being "forewarned and forearmed."  Also, I'd
like to be able to help people find lost loved ones and/or their killer/s
if they are deceased.  I hope to gain from Kundalini the ability to help
more people, in whatever manner they need most.  At last but not least,
the question, "what has changed the most in your life."  Well, I guess
I'd have to say my outlook on life.  Although I don't fully understand
what is happening or why, and though it can be frightening, my life will
never be the same again.  Now I know there IS something more out there.
A higher consciousness or awakening or universal spirituality or whatever
you want to call it that transcends the barriers of race, religion,
nationality, color, creed, sex, income, status, background, etcetera.
This, I believe is a uniting force that breaks all man-invented dividing
lines.  Now that I have touched this force, I can never leave it for
good.  That would be like being given the key to the universe and
throwing it away.  I would always wonder what could have been.  I would
never be fully satisfied with life knowing that there is another
dimension to it that I could have had; one that could have changed my
life for the better; for as long as I live.  I am compelled to continue
this frightening voyage, because I know what ultimately lies ahead at the
very least--peace and joy.  Even the horror stories I have read
ultimately ended up there, and those who experienced it would go through
their agony again to keep that spiritual knowledge and joy.  I have yet
to read of anyone's experience, good or bad, that "quit" or would prefer
the old life to the new one despite any pain incurred during acquirement
of it.  I don't know for sure what this is or really understand it, but I
do know that it is something very good that I can't afford to let slip by
me.  That is why I am now pursuing it after inadvertently stopping it
completely once before.  This thing is scary, and at times I do wish I
could just live a normal life again.  But now that would never be enough.

Kundalini gives me joy and hope when I feel like the world is doomed.  I
cannot watch the news; I told my husband the daily news should be called
the "Daily Tragedy."  I have to keep updated through secondhand, "husband
edited" news because I am too sensitive to see the evil and hatred taken
out on innocent little children and other people.  Anyway, on the news
are always stories of burning the very trees that give us the oxygen we
breathe--belching toxins into the air that destroy the thin layer of
ozone that protects us from the sun's potentially life-destroying
rays--shocking and evil acts hurting, torturing, and/or killing the
innocent--horrible abuse of animals--the wealthy and powerful abusing the
poor and powerless--etcetera.  As a whole, humanity is destroying the
very planet that gives them life.  We treat other life forms, whether
animal, plant (as in trees!), or human as if they were disposable
objects.  I cannot watch the news because these things are so true and so
real and so frightening and so heartbreaking for the sensitive types such
as myself.  But Kundalini, in itself frightening, offers me hope.  I have
been reading about and hearing about and even seeing on TV how the world
seems to be now, as a whole, undergoing a positive transformation.  There
are a whole lot of spontaneous Kundalini awakenings going on these days;
far more than ever before from what I've read.  I have been seeing a
change in the news that I do watch--they are starting to get the word out
about natural remedies rather than synthetic, side-effect-drenched
lab-made drugs.  More people are adopting a more universal type religion
rather than sticking to the dogma they were raised with.  (This is based
on what I have seen and read--feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or to
disagree with me.)  What this says to me is that there is indeed a
universal awakening going on--if the US is "coming around" (we, one of
the most "stiff-necked" peoples in the world), how much more the rest of
the world?  What I see is a more understanding and tolerant world
emerging, better fitting our forefathers' idealism--through Kundalini.

I will further explain my position on natural drugs, religion, and other
such topics tomorrow.  I have rattled on too long already.

I will close by saying thank you to everyone involved in bringing this
mailing list into existence, and to everyone participating in it.  It has
meant a lot to me.

I welcome everyone's comments--don't worry, I'm not so sensitive I can't
take constructive criticism.  Just be tactful.  I want all the input I
can get.  Hope to hear from you all soon.

		Thanks for listening,

		Melissa

 [8]: From: Carlo Izzo
Subject: Our story

	Dear all,

		I never had any sort of awakening: apparently I am unable
	to "let go", maybe I am too rational, rigid and immature. Nevertheless
	I am *sure* that life has a Meaning, a Meaning that goes beyond life
	itself. Nothing can exist for no reason: consciousness exists because
	there is a reason for it. I imagine a universe made of space, time,
	mass/energy and consciousness, all interconnected and eternal.
	Maybe too rational, I admit (I studied physics and astronomy, alas...).
	Oh, yes, and I am 37, Italian, very slim - what else? - quite
	nervous, impatient, sometimes very depressed, other times very high.

	On the other side my wife, Zana, is exactly the opposite of what I
	am.  She is sweet, calm, polite - sometimes screams like a mad, alright
	- she hates computers, she hates machines, she even hates to type
	(that's why I am typing for her) - but she enjoys reading your messages.
	She was quite happy to join your list.

	She is 33, extremely beautiful ;-) , Croatian, not tall, a "pocket
	Venus"  (yes, yes, I am so happy to be married with her).

	She was always interested in Buddhism, and meditation, and she
	tells me all about it - and I surprisingly agree with most of what
	she says (even if I refuse to do meditation because I have a
	terrible feeling of wasting my time). I guess I agree because
	I am still in love with her...  :-)

	We have also a beautiful-marvelous-fantastic 5 years old boy.

	You can see our pictures at

	http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/~izzo/english.html

	Anyway, one cold winter day, a year and a half ago, she came back
	home from a walk in the snow with our kid (I was watching TV because
	I hate cold), and she went straight to bed because she was tired and
	felt very very cold.  And she was anxious to try a meditation technique
	meant to warm up her body (I suspect that she got so cold on purpose).
	She began from her left hand, and indeed it warmed up very quickly.
	Then she continued with her right hand, then the feet - and suddenly
	she felt a sort of "energy" coming to life at the base of her spine,
	that began to rise quickly, and rise, as drawn by a "magnet" (she
	says), or like a fluid sucked up by a syringe, till it quickly
	reached the top of her head - she was in horror, and she was about
	to stop all that by simply jumping out of the bed, but she decided
	to sit tight, and wait, and see - and when this "energy" reached her
	head her "consciousness" (or her "self"?) "collapsed into a single,
	bright point of lucid awareness", and she was suddenly insensitive
	to her own body (she gets almost hysterical when she tells this
	part of the story - practically to everybody invited to dinner - she
	is also an extremely good cook, by the way). She doesn't know how
	long she remained in this state - not much anyway: she went out of
	bed and she came running to me and my stupid TV. She was out of
	herself, laughing, crying, etcetera. She started to tell me that
	"something incredible" happened to her, and she explained - all
	the words mixed up - what happened, and I tryed to understand...

	You have to understand that I trust my wife very much, because I
	know how serious - even skeptical! - she is, after all, so I listened
	carefully, and then asked questions, and then tryed to comfort her...

	The day after she found on her books some descriptions that seemed
	to match somehow her own experience: "It must be kundalini," she
	explained to me. I nodded, feeling completely lost of course. I know
	only physics, and nothing about mysterious bioenergies running back
	and forth your body...

	Next she grabbed the telephone, and began to call virtually all the
	centers for meditation in the town of Munich (Germany). Everybody she
	talked with confirmed that this was a case of spontaneous awakening
	of kundalini energy. Most of them told her it could be a dangerous
	thing, if run out of control, some told her that this may lead to
	crazyness. She got scared. I got scared. I felt as if somebody
	explained to me that my wife was able to talk to E.T. with the power
	of her mind, and alien ships would come to grab her and take her to
	Betelgeuse. The main point was that she was no longer able to stop
	a sort of "circulation" of this "pressure" in her body. She began to
	wonder whether she got actually a brain cancer. Therefore she went
	to a physician - he smiled, submitted her to EEG - and ruled brain
	cancer out.

	Initially, this circulation of kundalini energy in her body was quite
	annoying - even scary - for her.

	After some months, Zana grew finally convinced that that was really
	kundalini. In the first few months it was enough for her to sit on
	a chair, or on the sofa, or in the car, or to lay in bed, for the
	"energies" (as she calls them) to begin to "circulate" spontaneously
	in her body.  She couldn't stop them, she couldn't help it. Her mouth
	half open, her eyes gazing in front of her - and I know for sure that
	she "has the energies". Currently she can control it more and more, and
	it's no longer troublesome. She even began to make experiments, as
	putting her hands around my head when I have migrane - in order to
	see whether she can heal me - but till now the experiment was always
	disturbed by the fact that I cannot wait and I always get a coffee
	and an aspirin. The headache goes away alright, but we cannot say
	whether it's for the aspirin I took or for her "energies". I mean,
	we are not taking this too seriously - we are just playing like
	children. Anyway, apparently Mattia (our 5 years old son) is quite
	sensitive to this treatment: she was able to make some strong pain
	to his left ear to disappear in minutes. But maybe any mother is
	able to perform such "miracles" to her own beloved child. Mother's
	love is such a powerful thing, and the placebo effect may be very
	strong in such a situation (am I too rational?).

	That's it, for the moment. For further details, you may send
	questions - and we will answer as soon as possible. Our question
	is: what to do, now? That is, what one should do, once his/her
	kundalini is awakened?

	Ciao,   Carlo and Zana

 [9]: From: Iver Juster

I take a lot of heart in belonging to this newsgroup.

For so many years, I have lived with the kundalini alone. How heartening it
is  to find others with whom to share the trials, tribulations, and blessings.

I too have x-ray vision into others that is a tremendous gift. Others seek
my advice constantly. I offer ways of seeing to go into greater truth, love,
and compassion. Sometimes, I would like others to remind me of these things
as well! Where do healers go to get healed, anyway? I think group support is
invaluable in this domain.

I have enjoyed hearing of others who look to bless the kundalini rather than
fight it. I have showed my husband and  close friends these messages, for in
reading them, we all have seen so much of what I have gone through relived
thorugh others, and then we know we are not alone.

Blessings............Patti

[10]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Introduction and questions

I too am very grateful to have this list.  I have shared my kundalini
experiences with a few close friends and have found the Shared
Transformation newsletter to be a sanity saver, but what I have really
craved is the one-on-one contact I think this list may provide.  Bless you
ALL for being here.

My major introduction to spirituality and meditation came from studying A
Course in Miracles. I did this for 11 years with many wonderful visions,
voices, lights, etc. accompanying my meditations.

Last summer I noticed that very often things around me would vibrate,
plants, lamps, etc. By this time my meditating was open eyed, here and
there throughout the day.  Eventually I realised that it was me and my
thoughts and feelings that were making things vibrate.  About the same
time a certain small sculpture (a ceramic angel) on my deck would move
around overnight and be in a different position each morning. I had a
dream that it was a small dark boy who was doing this.  He winked at me.
I just anchored the sculpture down and told him to go away, I didn't like
these games - or know what to make of it all. The next morning the angel
was broken. This was all fairly upsetting.

By fall I began to think that the vibrations came from me not owning my
energy (I love to sleep and sit around more than be active, etc.)  After
reaching that conclusion the vibrations came into my body more and more,
the spine seemingly being the source usually.

Sensitivity, creativity, compassion, passion, dental problems, and bland
diets have resulted.  I found it all exciting and interesting and not too
discomforting.  Initally when the energies were so high that both I and
the room and most things in it vibrated strongly, I prayed that the
symptoms could be "mild" and they have been.  If not mild, quite bearable.

However, last weekend my hands became red and itched very deeply.  Within
a few days I had welts over much of my body and my feet hurt so terribly I
wanted to scream.  The next day, after posting a prayer request to my
prayer listserv, I got a prescription for a heavy-duty antihistimine.  One
pill and the symptoms were gone. I slept more than I had in quite sometime
and just felt so relieved and functional again.  I dreaded not being able
to go to work as the symptoms increase when I am alone.  I have a very
long (2 months) vacation approaching and I worry.

Some of my questions are:

Has anyone else experienced the vibrations outside of the body before the
initial Kundalini awakening?  What do you make of it?

Is medication to relieve such symptoms as mine unadvisable?  Has anyone
else given up on prayer so quickly?

Does anyone else find that they are free from physical symptoms (or they
become more bearable) when at work or otherwise engaged in non-spiritual
interests?

This and so much more...

Any and all suggestions or encouragement would be welcome.

Blessed be,
Mary

[11]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: Post to Kundalini list

El,

I am so please to have this opportunity to thank you personally (almost)
for your wonderful newsletter and to let others know, at the same time,
how beneficial it is to those of us experiencing kundalini awakening.

I have read every book I can get that discusses kundalini but your reports
from those everyday people dealing with the same energies that I am have
been particularly comforting.  I read every back issue and was rewarded by
each and every one of them.  Thank you so much for your service to us all.

Sincerely,
Mary